Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2014 12:08:28 PM EDT
Anyone down for another mid-September get together in the BV area? I've got the itch to do some camping and shooting. Last year's was fun
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 2:03:19 PM EDT
[#1]
In

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 3:40:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I hope I can.  What dates were you thinking?
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 4:14:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

My wife would stab me if I set this up without her being there, and she says she doesn't work the first or last weekend of September. I'll check actual dates when I get home.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 9:41:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

My wife would stab me if I set this up without her being there, and she says she doesn't work the first or last weekend of September. I'll check actual dates when I get home.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shibby.  The lady friend's birthday is labor day weekend, so I'm out for that one and the weekend of the 13th I'm doing another Carry the Fallen ruck march.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 10:25:04 AM EDT
[#5]
damn I'd love to go, but this is the worst time of year for me (I work in Higher Education).  

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 10:34:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Obviously EVERYONE knows that the C2AA meet & greet is in Rifle on the 6th and will be too busy there to camp. Beer and chili is on the 20th, but I should be good for the last weekend of September.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:02:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Tagging.

My schedule is still up in the air for Sept. But if able I'll make it.

It was a good time when y'all came to The Basin and that does sound like fun.

Will check-in & update here.

Cheers!

-JC
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 10:18:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Tagging.

My schedule is still up in the air for Sept. But if able I'll make it.

It was a good time when y'all came to The Basin and that does sound like fun.

Will check-in & update here.

Cheers!

-JC
View Quote

Yes it was!  We need to do another COHTF snowboarding trip -- the wife and I have the Epic Local pass for the year, so we'll be up often.

So it sounds like the 6th is out.  I forgot about the C2AA lunch in Rifle, but I'll see anyone there who's gonna be there.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 5:09:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I would be up for something like this. I have some spots near my house we could camp/shoot at.

Sicko I just bought another jeep so come up here and play in the woods soon.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 12:31:29 PM EDT
[#10]
So, my schedule is filling up fast. Last weekend of Sept in BV? Same spot as last year?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:51:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, let's do it. September 27-28 same spot as last year.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:52:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 3:49:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

So predictable...
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 3:50:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

So predictable...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So predictable...

I'm going to the rifle thing!
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:32:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So predictable...

I'll probably pull up to your house and you will come out all sad saying you can't go...
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:02:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'll probably pull up to your house and you will come out all sad saying you can't go...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So predictable...

I hope not lol
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:51:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I hope not lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So predictable...

I hope not lol
Hey at least your committed to your work.

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:02:04 PM EDT
[#18]
I might be up for this.
Have to see how the month shakes out at work.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 11:37:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Hey, if we show up at Shooters and they say, "Oh! You meant this September 6th? We don't have any tables for you," how we just go hang out in the hills that day?  

And that's about as close as I can get to getting out - doing the East Coast the following weekend (flying in VA/DC area on Sept 11th ), then doing... something... my wife will remind me whatever the hell it is on the 20th and will want/need some down time around the house on the 27th.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 12:58:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Looks like I'm actually out. Got a work thing that weekend now. Balls.

We'll have to try to get another snowboard day going this winter.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 1:46:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Oh well. Snowboarding it is!
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 12:06:13 AM EDT
[#22]
I might be in
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 5:09:36 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm scheduled to work every weekend in September and I really can't afford to blow off any shifts.

I ski season get together is right up my alley of course ! I'm here to make it happen at The Basin again of course.

Cheers!

-JC
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 6:56:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 12:43:00 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Should I pin this?
View Quote
No these guys are bad and should feel bad.

I will trek to the basin though.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 9:06:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Speaking of which the wife and I will be in CB in late February.
We should meet up.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 8:16:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

We should meet up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We should meet up.

Sweet! I'd offer you guys a place to stay, but I just moved into a shoe box, and it is an hour and a half away.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 9:39:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Should I pin this?
View Quote

As for right now, I don't think so.  I've gotta bail, sounds like a few others do too.

If there is interest and someone wants to put it together though, for sure!
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 9:51:33 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I ski season get together is right up my alley of course ! I'm here to make it happen at The Basin again of course.

Cheers!

-JC
View Quote
Is there a bar at the top of the mountain I could just drink at all day.  Knees  + skiing = No F**k*ng way.

Link Posted: 9/6/2014 9:55:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Is there a bar at the top of the mountain I could just drink at all day.  Knees  + skiing = No F**k*ng way.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cheers!

-JC

Why yes, yes there is.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 8:44:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Sweet! I'd offer you guys a place to stay, but I just moved into a shoe box, and it is an hour and a half away.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We should meet up.

It's our anniversary trip so the wife found a ski in ski out place we're staying at.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 12:21:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cheers!

-JC

there's a bar at the middle and the bottom!
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 12:36:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cheers!

-JC

There's a bar at half-way point with an easy pedestrian friendly short chair-lift ride and a bar at the bottom.

Depending on what the day is like a beach spot and outdoor scene may be good too. That would probably involve 1 large can of beer

There's plenty of time, but ski season is pushing into town rapidly it seems. It never hurts to get rallying early on. I'll be on board to help out with things at The Basin.

Cheers!

-JC
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 12:38:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

There's a bar at half-way point with an easy pedestrian friendly short chair-lift ride and a bar at the bottom.

Depending on what the day is like a beach spot and outdoor scene may be good too. That would probably involve 1 large can of beer

There's plenty of time, but ski season is pushing into town rapidly it seems. It never hurts to get rallying early on. I'll be on board to help out with things at The Basin.

Cheers!

-JC
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cheers!

-JC

Cheers!

-JC

does Black Mountain Express download? (for non-skiing arfcommers)
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 2:21:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cheers!

-JC

Cheers!

-JC

Absolutely without ski/riding gear on. Last season there was a $20 round-trip pedestrian ticket that included a $15 food and beverage voucher - good for adult beverages too. Probably will offer it again this season.

Cheers!

-JC
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top