Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2014 8:41:32 PM EDT
Just getting this lined up but it's together enough that we can give fellow ARFCommers a preview.  Colorado Second Amendment Association's next meet and greet will be at the now-famous Shooters Grill in Rifle on Saturday, September 6th, from 1:00-3:00pm.  Truth be told, we're mostly going for the food but it'll be good to mingle with people who understand and appreciate their second amendment rights as well.  

If you're in the area or want to make the drive (I'm coming from Longmont with my family), you'd be welcome to join us.  Hope to see you there!
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:51:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just getting this lined up but it's together enough that we can give fellow ARFCommers a preview.  Colorado Second Amendment Association's next meet and greet will be at the now-famous Shooters Grill in Rifle on Saturday, September 6th, from 1:00-3:00pm.  Truth be told, we're mostly going for the food but it'll be good to mingle with people who understand and appreciate their second amendment rights as well.  

If you're in the area or want to make the drive (I'm coming from Longmont with my family), you'd be welcome to join us.  Hope to see you there!
View Quote

I should be there Keith! Looking forward to it
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 10:41:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Ugg...I knew this was coming up, but didn't see the date.  Not sure we'll be making it.  That's the first Saturday of bear season, and likely the only weekend I'll have to chase bear.  Rest of September is devoted to scouting moose and prepping for moose and elk hunts.  Silly fudd stuff, I know.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 10:51:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Marksjeep, would love to have you but no worries.  A man's gotta have priorities.

Kiltakaze, looking forward to shaking your hand.  Did you get the "care package" yet?
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 2:45:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Marksjeep, would love to have you but no worries.  A man's gotta have priorities.

Kiltakaze, looking forward to shaking your hand.  Did you get the "care package" yet?
View Quote

I did sir. Need to get Spyderboy his end and then spread the wealth!
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 4:55:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice.

Wish I could go, but I'll be representing C2AA in Brighton at the NoCO young republicans shooting event.

Two events on the same day? We're growing so fast! *tear*

Link Posted: 8/14/2014 5:14:19 PM EDT
[#6]
You know you've been spending too much time working on Facebook when you're on ARFCom and start looking for the "Like" button.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 10:27:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

JERK! I am home right now...just waiting for your arrival. Wait. That's sad. Crap.

Anywho, I'll be at the Rifle meet & greet!
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 10:47:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

JERK! I am home right now...just waiting for your arrival. Wait. That's sad. Crap.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll probably just bring em by the office tomorrow while I'm making the rounds
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:16:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am leafing early...as in 10 or 11...
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:45:11 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm going to try and get it off....We shall see.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 6:36:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Slacker.....
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 9:58:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm trying to make a pot joke out of this but it's just too damned early.

SaigamanTX, looking forward to meeting you in person!
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 12:25:56 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep my job approved it so I am good to go. Looking forward to it :D

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 9:58:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Sweet!  Even if it's just us, it'll be worth the trip.  At first, I was afraid it was just going to be me, my wife and our two kids.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 1:47:17 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Sweet!  Even if it's just us, it'll be worth the trip.  At first, I was afraid it was just going to be me, my wife and our two kids.
View Quote
I'm pretty easy to spot (6.6)

Just for the Lanky bastard with an IDF Logo cap on.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 4:47:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, now it's official - there's a Facebook event.  That's, like, "super-for-real gonna happen" serious.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:05:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Well, now it's official - there's a Facebook event.  That's, like, "super-for-real gonna happen" serious.
View Quote

Oh snap!
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:20:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Oh snap!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh snap!

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 3:30:42 PM EDT
[#19]
I hope this event goes well. I have another commitment, but I might be able to make this instead.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 2:09:00 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I hope this event goes well. I have another commitment, but I might be able to make this instead.

View Quote
That would be awesome!

Link Posted: 9/5/2014 3:22:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Well, you can't bump a tacked thread but here's a reminder.  I just got off the phone with the folks at Shooters and reserved a table for 10 at 1:00pm tomorrow.  My family and I will be taking up four of those seats, hope to see the rest of you with us as well!

Look for the skinny family guy wearing an overshirt and LaRue cap and with a C2AA "About Us" flyer on the table.  I may also have a Free Colorado hockey jersey on display as well.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 7:51:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Fun times!
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 7:56:39 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Fun times!
View Quote
Yup. Don't eat all that Ice Cream cake by yourself or you will never come down from that brain freeze.

Link Posted: 9/6/2014 10:42:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Yup. Don't eat all that Ice Cream cake by yourself or you will never come down from that brain freeze.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fun times!

I already had one piece............it was mind blowing
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 3:46:38 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fun times!

It did look delicious.

Keith hope you and the family made it back ok................And thank you for the day.....Hell of a drive for you guys!
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 9:39:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Just getting around to seeing this.  Yup, made it back fine and with minimal kid drama .  Really good meeting you all and thank you again for coming out.  And let me know if you think of more ways to spread the word and get "even 'normal people" to connect with the ideas that they do have a stake in this, it does affect them and they can retain control of their own rights!

Looking forward to hearing more.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 12:55:55 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Just getting around to seeing this.  Yup, made it back fine and with minimal kid drama .  Really good meeting you all and thank you again for coming out.  And let me know if you think of more ways to spread the word and get "even 'normal people" to connect with the ideas that they do have a stake in this, it does affect them and they can retain control of their own rights!

Looking forward to hearing more.
View Quote
Can I get a copy of the pic?

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 10:12:42 AM EDT
[#28]
I'll post it tonight.

ETA:  Okay, so I was off by a day.

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 12:54:52 AM EDT
[#29]

You guys are all so short!

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:18:20 AM EDT
[#30]

Apparently I missed the bumper sticker memo
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:46:10 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

And about sharing the cake ya putz

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:05:49 PM EDT
[#32]
No kilts?

Seriously though, sorry we couldn't make it. Hubby was scouting for his once in a lifetime moose tag. Our lives revolve around everything and anything moose right now. Well, his life does, mine revolves around making him being able to focus on the moose. Like working more to afford the things he "needs" for this hunt, watching the kiddos a lot while he is off scouting or sighting in his rifles and listening to a LOT of talk about moose.

Maybe we can plan something else on the western slope in upcoming months? ETA: I can bake a tasty cake or two to share...

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:29:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

No worries, man.  That C2AA tattoo you showed us in the restaurant more than makes up for it.

(Let 'em wonder. )
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:31:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
No kilts?

Seriously though, sorry we couldn't make it. Hubby was scouting for his once in a lifetime moose tag. Our lives revolve around everything and anything moose right now. Well, his life does, mine revolves around making him being able to focus on the moose. Like working more to afford the things he "needs" for this hunt, watching the kiddos a lot while he is off scouting or sighting in his rifles and listening to a LOT of talk about moose.

Maybe we can plan something else on the western slope in upcoming months? ETA: I can bake a tasty cake or two to share...

View Quote

You know, there's something to be said about moving from "meet and greets" which are open to the public to "planning meetings" which are gatherings just for like-minded folks.  Makes me wonder what next year might bring....
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 4:40:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

No worries, man.  That C2AA tattoo you showed us in the restaurant more than makes up for it.

(Let 'em wonder. )
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

(Let 'em wonder. )

I must have been in the bathroom when he pulled his pants down...phew
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 5:24:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:You guys are all so short!  
View Quote

The even shorter guy was at Colorado Clays taking-up space at the C2AA table with Faucet Face.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 5:56:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The even shorter guy was at Colorado Clays taking-up space at the C2AA table with Faucet Face.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Pics or it didn't happen!

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 6:27:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
No kilts?

View Quote

Did he get a Mesa tag?
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 6:29:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

(Let 'em wonder. )

Don't act like you're not disappointed
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 8:05:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Did he get a Mesa tag?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No kilts?

Did he get a Mesa tag?

I do not know what Mesa tag you mean. Is it a sticker? I know we bought a few C2AA stickers that NovaGator made.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 8:55:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I do not know what Mesa tag you mean. Is it a sticker? I know we bought a few C2AA stickers that NovaGator made.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No kilts?

Did he get a Mesa tag?

Lol is his moose tag for a Grand Mesa unit?
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 9:39:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No pics for you, pal.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 10:47:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No kilts?

Did he get a Mesa tag?

DOH! Yes, he got his moose tag in the Grand Mesa. One of only 7 in the state from a pool of something like 17,000. Literally a once in a lifetime thing because you can only harvest one bull moose in Colorado. Somehow this moose tag has really added up the cost. His spotting scope got blown over at the range last weekend and broke. In true arfcom fashion he had to go bigger and better. That is in addition to a new back up gun for the hunt, a 280 conversion on his other gun and lord knows what other expenses I am blocking out right now. Of course, I am hitting back. I might have found him an experienced pack mule which, when he is done with the moose hunt would be for the family to use (and as a side note said mule is WAY cheaper than everything else!)....
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:21:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

DOH! Yes, he got his moose tag in the Grand Mesa. One of only 7 in the state from a pool of something like 17,000. Literally a once in a lifetime thing because you can only harvest one bull moose in Colorado. Somehow this moose tag has really added up the cost. His spotting scope got blown over at the range last weekend and broke. In true arfcom fashion he had to go bigger and better. That is in addition to a new back up gun for the hunt, a 280 conversion on his other gun and lord knows what other expenses I am blocking out right now. Of course, I am hitting back. I might have found him an experienced pack mule which, when he is done with the moose hunt would be for the family to use (and as a side note said mule is WAY cheaper than everything else!)....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No kilts?

Did he get a Mesa tag?

Tell him congrats! That's definitely a hard tag to get
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:56:22 AM EDT
[#45]
He was very excited about the Moose tag when I met him and Sammichmaker this summer. We wish him well on said tag and expect to see more of him after the fact. My son still talks about the great time he had with Sammichmaker and posse, when MarksJeep joined me for the "Friends" dinner that night. Still have the art work with purple foot print and all.

I was truly sorry to miss hanging out with you guys, I was baking in the sun at a table outside of the San Antonio gun show. I know you had more fun and we have a start on the Western slope......

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top