Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2014 4:03:42 PM EDT
It would seem that the open carry election is being conducted in an irregular manner.

apparently, ballot counting began today.... with no poll watchers present.

IM me if you're in CR and want to help out
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 4:43:00 PM EDT
[#1]
WTF?!?

ETA: Tweet sent to C2AA followers, updating the FB page, trying to get folks to notice and demand some transparency.  

Hey, guys, don't leave Don hanging if you're CR residents.  The recalls were the start, not the end.  We need to pick every fight and win every inch of contested ground if we want to save our state!
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 6:55:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Arvada CO checking in.
Anything folks outside of castle rock can do to help?
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 7:13:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Arvada CO checking in.
Anything folks outside of castle rock can do to help?
View Quote

Okay, just posted this to C2AA's Facebook page:

The Castle Rock election commission will be holding a meeting tomorrow, 8/8, at 5:00pm to consider regulation of poll watchers, media and visitors to the ballot processing center.

We have confirmed with a town council member that this *IS* a public meeting. We encourage any available members or interested citizens to attend and, if possible, record the proceedings. If you are in attendance, please email us with an "after action report" so we can disseminate the information to the rest of our community.

Please monitor http://www.crgov.com/index.aspx?nid=101 for any last-second changes to the schedule, location or agenda.

If you or anyone you know can attend to witness and show support (and video, if possible), that would be huge.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 8:26:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Will be a resident of CR in 7 weeks.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 8:53:46 PM EDT
[#5]
All... I'm in the boonies tonight and had to drive 30 mins to post this...

All that KeithC said is correct.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:13:55 PM EDT
[#6]
If tomorrow wasn't our anniversary and we weren't going to dinner, I'd be there tomorrow at 5pm.

Don - I work right down near you now, let's get lunch soon.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 8:53:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If tomorrow wasn't our anniversary and we weren't going to dinner, I'd be there tomorrow at 5pm.

View Quote

Wow!  She hasn't thrown you back yet?

Congrats to you both.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 8:57:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm in....I live in Monument, my daughter lives in CR and I attend a church there.  I know the mayor and I don't see him allowing
this bullshit to happen.  Send me a PM and I will get you contact information.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:40:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Congrats to you both.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Congrats to you both.

Right?! I'm constantly amazed. She wants LASIK and I'm not sure she should get it - then she would see me!

Thanks brother.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 10:07:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm in....I live in Monument, my daughter lives in CR and I attend a church there.  I know the mayor and I don't see him allowing
View Quote

Thanks, lockinload - very much obliged.  We've actually had someone from the issue committee talking with the mayor and I've been emailing with council members as well.  The fact that there are so many in office there who actually believe in our rights was a relief (we had a really good turnout from them for our C2AA meet and greet).  Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like the town clerk is necessarily favorable to having government give up power so.... The election commission is meeting tonight.  We'll see what comes of that.

In the meantime, talk it about it everywhere and raise awareness!  Knowing there are eyes on you tends to keep some folks a little more honest than usual.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 10:42:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Awesome! Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 11:49:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Right?! I'm constantly amazed. She wants LASIK and I'm not sure she should get it - then she would see me!

Thanks brother.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Congrats to you both.

Thanks brother.

Not to derail this thread, but since your wife is a whippersnapper, she may want to wait on the LASIK.  That's what my eye doctor told me. Now I'm "mature" enough to get it, which I may do if/when I get around to it.  Oh yeah, you're probably right about keeping her eyesight from improving being in your best interest.  Not that I can talk.

Back on topic, the coworker in the next cube over is one of us and he lives in CR.  I'll make sure he's aware of this.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 2:32:53 PM EDT
[#13]
shennigans

go listen to http://www.560thesource.com/ NOW.

http://www.560thesource.com/
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 3:14:18 PM EDT
[#14]
ARE THERE ANY CR RESIDENTS WILLING TO ACT AS POLL WATCHERS?  If so, please reply and/or PM NoVaGator ASAP.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:05:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Good luck my friends. I hope the fascist clerk is ousted and the sun shines on the fraud going on.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 8:31:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Any news?
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 12:43:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Any news?
View Quote

Check the 4 page GD thread... Click Me

I can't believe there are no Castle Rock residents that are on this Board that were willing to help out.  

I lived in Parker, now down in Mexico South Texas.

ETA:  And this should've been set to "Alert" status by a Mod so that the thread was highlighted & not tacked.  Nobody really reads tacked threads.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 2:50:41 PM EDT
[#18]
There is a Castle Rock resident member here who has been helping.  He's probably too busy to post.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 9:09:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I can't believe there are no Castle Rock residents that are on this Board that were willing to help out.  

ETA:  And this should've been set to "Alert" status by a Mod so that the thread was highlighted & not tacked.  Nobody really reads tacked threads.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any news?

I moved from Castle Rock to South Texas (McAllen) in March. I would have loved to help with this fight instead of fighting the heat and illegals.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 11:06:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 2:52:56 AM EDT
[#22]
very nice....I hope the libs have a bad case of heartburn over it
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 7:00:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 7:33:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Should I untack this or leave it for the fall out over the court case?
View Quote

untack pls
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top