Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2014 9:26:50 PM EDT
Does anyone have any advice for someone wanting to do a gun trust in Colorado for NFA items (suppressors). I was going to use the self filled out form through silencershop.com.

Any and all advice general, or specific to Colorado is welcome.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 1:46:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I went through 199trust.com.  Only $99 bucks, super quick, and no probs with the ATF, got 4 cans on it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 2:41:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I went through 199trust.com.  Only $99 bucks, super quick, and no probs with the ATF, got 4 cans on it.
View Quote

I was told great things about the gun collectors wife (member here). I tried several times to get in contact but never heard back.

The fly told me about 199trust.com about two moths ago, I now have my first can pending.

199trust.com was very easy but I have also heard good things about silencer shops trust form.

My understanding after a lot of reading is that we are all making a way bigger deal out of the trusts than need be.

I could be wrong, that's just my opinion. I would not recommend using some random form from the internet but 199trust.com

And silencer shops form have many thousands of suppressors to their name with no problems.

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 10:13:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I was told great things about the gun collectors wife (member here). I tried several times to get in contact but never heard back.

The fly told me about 199trust.com about two moths ago, I now have my first can pending.

199trust.com was very easy but I have also heard good things about silencer shops trust form.

My understanding after a lot of reading is that we are all making a way bigger deal out of the trusts than need be.

I could be wrong, that's just my opinion. I would not recommend using some random form from the internet but 199trust.com

And silencer shops form have many thousands of suppressors to their name with no problems.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think what most people worry about isn't whether or not the trust will pass the sniff test to get the stamp, they worry about the trust passing a thorough cavity search if said item is stolen or used in self defense.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 12:53:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Does anyone have any advice for someone wanting to do a gun trust in Colorado for NFA items (suppressors). I was going to use the self filled out form through silencershop.com.

Any and all advice general, or specific to Colorado is welcome.

Thanks
View Quote

NFAtrust guy pm inbound.  Like gun collectors spouse. He is available, answers questions and a decent guy. But don't tell him that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top