Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2014 10:13:51 PM EDT
hey guys im from tx, i have chance to move to parker. whats it like there?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:40:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Parker is a nice smaller town.  My son and daughter in law have lived there for 2 years, I'm on the south end of the Denver area; 20-25 minutes door to door which is nice as I now have a 9 month old grandson to spoil.  I have a very good friend that's a realtor and he is specializing on properties in Parker.  Lots of variety in types of homes, prices had been lower than the closer-in burbs but are rising.  During the summer there's a great farmers market on Main St. every Sunday morning,  some nice parks and hiking areas/trails.  Some good restaurants also on/near Main-all the big chains in the shopping areas, an overpriced gun shop , good schools, generally nice people.

If I didn't work in downtown Denver I'd have moved there myself a couple of years ago.  If you do work in Denver be aware your options are limited coming/going.  I-25 turns in to a parking lot during rush hour, Parker Rd (mostly to E. Denver & Aurora) also packs up with traffic.

Yeah, I like it lol.....besides the traffic.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:43:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I live in parker, it's nice here. Good people, not much crime.. A few gun ranges nearby, and the mountains aren't too far away. Overall i like it here!
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:50:03 PM EDT
[#3]
IIRC it was one of the safest cities in the u.s., shared with Castle Rock.   The politics lean R.   A mix of suburbs and homes with acreage.  

Traffic is a challenge depending on time of day/direction traveled.  

Centennial gun club to the North.   New Cabelas at I25.  Cherry Creek range close by.    As mentioned a few more gun shops/ ranges close by.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:38:18 AM EDT
[#4]
one way in, one way out.

i.e. traffic is a disaster.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 12:31:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
one way in, one way out.

i.e. traffic is a disaster.
View Quote

It use to be the alternative way , for driving to the springs. Then Progress came to CO and took a place with 1-2 stop signs, in to a major bumper - bumper commute.
However it is better than Denver, Boulder and unfortunately Ft Collins.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 5:03:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I live in Parker, I like it okay.  It could be better, wish the reservoir was open for boating and wish we didn't so many hail storms.  Would rather be closer to the mountains since I am a mountain guy.  Overall a conservative area, and don't see many obummer stickers.  Needs more non chain dining, but once you move here you learn how to avoid any traffic.  (Think hess and main st) Also, water is damn expensive.  I believe we have the most expensive water in CO.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 1:15:47 PM EDT
[#7]
My Dad lives there. It's far enough out to be quieter, but it's not too far from the city. Good schools.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 1:27:09 PM EDT
[#8]
to put it subtly, it likely has the demographics you desire.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 12:49:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
to put it subtly, it likely has the demographics you desire.
View Quote

This is funny... I was in Parker and now I'm in South Texas.  LOL.  
Parker is nice and the house values remained pretty calm during the whole fluctuation and housing bust (at least in Stonegate where I was).  The schools are good, the crime rate is nowhere near as bad as Saudi Aurora, and there's still a little of that "small town feeling" to it.  I we were going to move back to anywhere in the Denver Metro area, it would definitely be the Stonegate division of Parker.  There are some more expensive area's in Parker, but Stonegate was nice and quiet and our neighbors were all great people.  

And for the record, I really truly miss the snow & freezing temperatures.  I seem to remember there were about 0.87% of the insects in Colorado as there are down here in Texas.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 1:21:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Bought my house here in jan 09.  It was a foreclosure but in a really nice sought after area.  We got it for $179k. House next to us just sold for $360k.  We made out like bandits.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 3:47:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
And for the record, I really truly miss the snow & freezing temperatures.  I seem to remember there were about 0.87% of the insects in Colorado as there are down here in Texas.  
View Quote

I miss you too.  We might actually come visit one of these years.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 4:33:28 AM EDT
[#12]
There will be a new public library and other retail space going in across from the PACE Center in the next few years.  Should be a good addition to the town.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top