Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2014 10:13:29 AM EDT
Looks like the closure expired last week?

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5117434.pdf
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:34:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Very interesting.

See ya next weekend?

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 5:46:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Huh.  Still and all, you couldn't pay me to shoot there.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 5:55:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I haven't been, so I'm obliged to check it out, BUT if anyone wants to IM me some nearby (to Castle Rock) NF spots to shoot 22s with my son, I'd be grateful The Land Cruiser can go just about anywhere

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 7:24:57 PM EDT
[#4]
So has anyone been out to the old shooting range yet?  Is it being used again?
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:16:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I was part of the incident that got it closed, I'm not sure I could go back… It sounds silly to say it
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 9:17:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was part of the incident that got it closed, I'm not sure I could go back… It sounds silly to say it
View Quote

What happened ?
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 12:09:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What happened ?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What happened ?

http://gazette.com/rampart-range-shooting-range-closed/article/58832
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 9:44:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I was wondering if bradpierson could provide any insight to what really happened...
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 6:03:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I was wondering if bradpierson could provide any insight to what really happened...
View Quote

Otis was sitting on the left hand side of the "T" shaped bench/table shooting a marlin 60 (iirc). His soon to be BIL was shooting an M&P 9mm at his 10 o'clock. He had a malfunction and was trying to clear t by racking he slide. He walked back around and ended up over Otis' right shoulder at his 4 o'clock still trying to rack the slide.
Otis had his right armpit exposed with his "chicken wing" up.
Bullet went in the right armpit and out the left. Word is that it hit both lungs and the heart.
It took about 40 minutes for deputies to arrive and the news crew beat the flight for life chopper.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:16:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Otis was sitting on the left hand side of the "T" shaped bench/table shooting a marlin 60 (iirc). His soon to be BIL was shooting an M&P 9mm at his 10 o'clock. He had a malfunction and was trying to clear t by racking he slide. He walked back around and ended up over Otis' right shoulder at his 4 o'clock still trying to rack the slide.
Bullet went in the right armpit and out the left. Word is that it hit both lungs and the heart.
It took about 40 minutes for deputies to arrive and the news crew beat the flight for life chopper.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's horrible....sorry.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:17:41 AM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:02:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Dude, that just sucks
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:48:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I did CPR for almost 40 minutes

The victim, Otis, was 2 weeks away from marrying the shooter's sister. They already had a kid.
ETA: I was 19
If you've ever been up there you're familiar with the switch backs. It was so demoralizing hearing the sirens for so long but they just never seemed to arrive
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top