User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2014 11:57:25 AM EDT
The worlds only Flying B-29 is in town till monday

http://www.cafb29b24.org/#!b-29-superfortress/c11zx

cursory image:
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 1:24:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Any chance we can arrange for a bombing run on Denver, preferably with a Fat Man or two
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 1:43:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any chance we can arrange for a bombing run on Denver, preferably with a Fat Man or two
View Quote

No FAT CHICKS ?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:48:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Not over Denver.   The Fat Chicks bombing run should be over Boulder.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:56:07 AM EDT
[#4]
We had her in GJ this week.  Flew right over the monument , great sight.  Did the cockpit tour on wed. and took a ride in the C-45 that travels with Fifi.  Great time, I'll try and get some pics in this weekend.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 9:25:28 AM EDT
[#5]
that is so cool.  

I love WW2 planes
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:55:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I got to see FiFi while she was in Junction. Also... Any members on here who donated/bought stuff from the Rocky Mountain Wing / Donated Money towards the TBM / Bought a J-3 ride, thank you for your help to get the TBM flying again! Was out there with the little booth.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 9:40:04 PM EDT
[#7]
what airport is it at centennial jefco?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 12:49:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
what airport is it at centennial jefco?
View Quote

Didja read the thread title before you clicked on it?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:37:47 AM EDT
[#9]
I was wondering why I saw one fly over the shop yesterday.  I thought someone had hit the fo button, so I just kitted up with all my tier 2 gear and stood by for orders.  You bastids never called.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:32:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I was wondering why I saw one fly over the shop yesterday.  I thought someone had hit the fo button, so I just kitted up with all my tier 2 gear and stood by for orders.  You bastids never called.
View Quote

But I thought you were tier 1!
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:19:46 PM EDT
[#11]
gotcha....you know were its going next.     also you guys noticed the four engine plane with a boom out the tail flying around the metro area the last couple weeks
it looks like a P-3 orion    I finnaly got a good look at it today, it did a an approach and a low fly over into greely ap today      NASA on the tail..........
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:11:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
gotcha....you know were its going next.     also you guys noticed the four engine plane with a boom out the tail flying around the metro area the last couple weeks
it looks like a P-3 orion    I finnaly got a good look at it today, it did a an approach and a low fly over into greely ap today      NASA on the tail..........
View Quote

Haven't seen it, but it is mapping pollution levels or something like that along the Front Range.  Either Ch 9 or 7 (or both) has a story about it on their website.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 2:43:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

http://www.coloradoan.com/story/news...lane/13003361/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top