Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2014 6:30:28 PM EDT
Good evening Colorado HTF, I'm looking to relocate to the areas mentioned above. I'm a Software Engineer (currently head of an engineering department) in FL (Java/J2EE and Python, amongst others) looking to fulfill my lifelong dream to head west. I'm a fellow shooter and will vote appropriately

Any connections I could make here or tips I could gather on making the move would be greatly appreciated. I've applied for several positions out there, but finding it difficult to get past HR as someone who wants to relocate. I imagine the local talent pool is pretty stacked out there so there isn't a need to import. In any case, I'd appreciate the contacts and tips.

Link Posted: 7/16/2014 7:11:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Good luck relocating to CO with a job offer in the software field.

I'm in the software field and, as you said, the pool is jam packed with excellent talent here.  No real need to import anyone.

If you're not against contract work, PM me. I can get you in contact with my recruiter.  Most stuff here is contract-to-hire rather than direct hire, at least in the software field.

If you have the capital and are willing to risk a move without a job, you could get out here and get a job pretty easily.  I just started my new job this week and had six offers within two weeks for jobs here.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 5:43:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Just shot you an IM.  My firm might be hiring, but I haven't looked at openings.  Still worth a shot.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 10:29:25 AM EDT
[#3]
As far as the Denver metro area your best bets from a living perspective are Jefferson County-which is the west/sw area.  Centennial is nice (I'm biased I live there and we're the safest city in the state lol) and it's in Arapahoe County (becoming more liberal every day unfortunately), Douglas County has some nice areas though if you end up having to commute to downtown Denver you're limited on access and rush hour sucks (no surprise).  Boulder County (NOT the city) has many nice, though expensive areas.  It all depends on what your residential requirements are.  

Good luck to you and remember any standard capacity mags you already own are good to go!  Sorry, had to add that as everyone asks, just a joke, hope something works out for you.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 3:15:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys! I am actually in Snowmass right now, beautiful place. Been hanging out in Aspen/Glenwood Springs area last few days, going to wrap up with a few more days in Denver then hike Pike's Peak on Thursday.

Love this state, if any of you have some openings please let me know
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 9:11:38 AM EDT
[#5]
you def want to check out the builtincolorado.com website
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top