Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2014 7:24:39 PM EDT
Long story short is my son got injured at Philmont Scout Ranch and is going to be in Parkview Medical for surgery.

Might need some info as we are waiting to call and get more info about what is going on.

Being 16 hours away isn't helping.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 8:08:50 PM EDT
[#1]
i am, you can post here or pm me.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 8:18:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i am, you can post here or pm me.
View Quote

Thank you!

They just called so my wife is on the phone with the hospital now.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 9:23:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I live in Pueblo.  Born and raised.  IM me if you need anything.

ETA: I went to Philmont as a young Lad as well.  Hope he recovers.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 9:42:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

They are doing the surgery tonight and said he will be in the hospital for a couple days on the IV with Antibiotics and Pain Meds.

I might be needing some additional assistance if my wife needs to come up or if we need to this weekend.

Thanks for the offer and I'll let everyone know a little later.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 9:52:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

They are doing the surgery tonight and said he will be in the hospital for a couple days on the IV with Antibiotics and Pain Meds.

I might be needing some additional assistance if my wife needs to come up or if we need to this weekend.

BigDozer66
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BigDozer66

Let me know if I can help.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 10:42:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BigDozer66

Thanks for the offer brother.

We are playing the waiting game.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 11:10:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Hope he recovers quickly.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 9:05:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hope he recovers quickly.
View Quote

Thank you!

We finally go to talk to him about 11:40 (our time) last night and he was in good spirits!

The Dr said the surgery went well and he is in a cast from his groin to his toes.

My wife will be headed that way shortly to pick him up whenever he gets released which might be a couple days.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 11:00:25 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm in Pueblo as well, and since I run my own business and am running for political office, I have a pretty free schedule (not that I sit around all day, I just don't have a 9-5 job ). So seriously, if you need anything, please let me know.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 11:44:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm in Pueblo as well, and since I run my own business and am running for political office, I have a pretty free schedule (not that I sit around all day, I just don't have a 9-5 job ). So seriously, if you need anything, please let me know.
View Quote

Thank you!

My wife and daughter are loading up to head that way.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 11:37:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Glad to hear surgery went well.

Best wishes for quick recovery.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 2:34:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Sorry to hear about that.

Philmont Boy Scout Camp is in New Mexico, isn't it?  I'm wondering if it wasn't faster to transport him to Santa Fe instead?
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:42:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Glad to hear surgery went well.

Best wishes for quick recovery.
View Quote

Thank you!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:45:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Philmont Boy Scout Camp is in New Mexico, isn't it?  I'm wondering if it wasn't faster to transport him to Santa Fe instead?
View Quote

Thank you.

Yes Philmont is in NM and Santa Fe might be closer but from what we were told Parkview Medical is one of the top Orthopedic Surgery Centers around and they have a Pediatric Wing also which many hospitals do not.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 8:59:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Thank you.

Yes Philmont is in NM and Santa Fe might be closer but from what we were told Parkview Medical is one of the top Orthopedic Surgery Centers around and they have a Pediatric Wing also which many hospitals do not.

BigDozer66
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.

BigDozer66

Didn't know about Parkview was a top orthopedic surgery center.  Glad it went well.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 9:40:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Didn't know about Parkview was a top orthopedic surgery center.  Glad it went well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.

BigDozer66

They said it is because of all the skiing accidents!

Hopefully he will be released today and they can start the 14+ drive home.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:51:57 AM EDT
[#17]
I used to work in Surgery at Parkview  and can attest to the competence of the surgeons, nurses and staff there.  I hope all is going well for the lad and he makes a full recovery.  Sounds like he will have quite the story to tell.

G
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:56:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I used to work in Surgery at Parkview  and can attest to the competence of the surgeons, nurses and staff there.  I hope all is going well for the lad and he makes a full recovery.  Sounds like he will have quite the story to tell.

G
View Quote

Thanks man he will have a story to tell for sure!

Update for everyone:

He went to the Dr on Monday to have the stitches (4) removed and for an check up to see if everything was okay.

The good news is they said everything looked great and there was no infection.

The bad news is he will be in the cast (or a different 1 or 2!) for approximately 8 MONTHS!

We are still in a daze over this news but he will prevail and it will get easier as the days go by.

Thanks again for everyone's thoughts, prayers and offers for help it is truly appreciated!

BigDozer66
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top