Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2014 3:03:42 PM EDT
I decided to take my boys shooting today in Monument off of Mt Herman Rd. We haven't been there for about a month so we were surprised (sort of) to see that it is now illegal. We have enjoyed shooting there for the past 2 years but it always bummed me out to see the mess that LAZY USLESS BUMS would leave behind. We always brought trash bags and would clean up after ourselves, as well as others, but I had a feeling it was only a matter of time until the authorities put an end to shooting there, and I was right. I can only imagine that the reason is because of people not caring for the land, picking up after themselves or following the rules. I can't help but to assume that the same people who can't clean up after themselves or respect our national forests are the same useless lazy people who sit on their ass all week, collecting government aid and helping to suck our country dry. Sorry for the rant......unless your one of those POS that I have been talking about.

Dan
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 5:04:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I mentioned this a few days ago in another thread.  The local TV news had an article about it.  They showed pics of trees shot to pieces, and trash scattered all over.  Reminded me of what happened to the range up on Rampart Road, before they closed it due to a shooting death due to  negligence.

People are idiots.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 9:54:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Son of a bitch. Can't say I'm surprised.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 10:29:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Starting brush fires with tracer ammo didn't help either
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 3:21:44 AM EDT
[#4]
start blaming the real cause

.gov

they are just looking for excuses and if they don't find one, they'll either make the problem or make a new issue out of whatever is there.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 4:49:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

.gov

they are just looking for excuses and if they don't find one, they'll either make the problem or make a new issue out of whatever is there.
View Quote

Sorry but I disagree with you.  When people start to destroy something that is shared by all, it is only a matter of time before the "all" put a stop to it. We have the right to use these lands also, but not the right to destroy them.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 5:03:31 AM EDT
[#6]
How can these people who trash these areas not think that they're helping to get them closed?  I know that sometimes the antis dump stuff at these places to make us look bad, but I suspect most of it is due to people being lazy shitheads.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 5:43:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I know that this will probably be a waste of time but here goes: If anyone knows of a legal place within a 45 minute, or so, drive of the 470/25 area and would not mind sharing the spot I would appreciate it.  I like to take my sons out to the forest instead of ranges.  It took me a while to find that place and I know that I will find another, but would also like to find a place where "like minded" people shoot. Again, I understand people not wanting to publicize their spots but if you feel generous, shoot me a pm.
Thanks,
Dan
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 9:08:17 AM EDT
[#8]
A couple of guys from my facebook group went up to Mt. Herman a few months ago to clean it up a bit.  Three days later, they went back, found the sign we posted shot up, and trashed all over again.  

Link Posted: 7/14/2014 10:42:20 AM EDT
[#9]
would also love to find a place to shoot not too far from arvada, everyone says go upto the grass lands but I have no idea where in the grass lands to go and thats a decent drive for me.

tried a few of the ranges around here and they pretty much suck. I am use to being at outdoor ranges in NY that I had all too myself.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 12:19:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Sorry but I disagree with you.  When people start to destroy something that is shared by all, it is only a matter of time before the "all" put a stop to it. We have the right to use these lands also, but not the right to destroy them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

.gov

well then, we better shut all the .gov land off (which is another rant on it's own) because someone, somewhere is doing something that somebody disapproves of.
remember the roadless wildness act of a few years back, how many millions of acres disappeared from "public" use.

Are you aware of boulder county?  Boulder county is like 70% government owned (at all levels) and yet of the 1000's (millions?) of acres of "county public open space" damn near none of it is actually accessible to the public.  for fuck's sake, boulder county  open space even owns land in both Jefferson and Weld county.  

Either the people should stand up and fix it, or they are willing to let it happen and be trashed.  You might be too young, but even I remember when gulleys and valleys were full of trash, old cars and this was the late 1970's and not "way back in the woods" type either.

The government is NOT the people.
it's just an excuse to take the land, deny it to the public and as a bonus stop people from using their guns.

Link Posted: 7/15/2014 2:53:09 PM EDT
[#11]
After reading this i called the forestry service... My secret spot is still legal

always clean up after yourself, although i feel thats not the true reason they are making recreational shooting illegal..
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 10:37:02 PM EDT
[#12]
I was on Mt Herman rd this Sunday and saw the spots marked "no shooting" signs that were littered with clay pigeons and trash.  Apparently the shooters don't care.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 4:48:48 AM EDT
[#13]
I found a free outdoor range....but it's far. We are going camping in about a week, so we will check it out then.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 12:31:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Take a look at the list available through Colorado Department of Wildlife (and Parks).  The range near Salida (or Buena Vista) is very nice (and free).  I'm hoping to check out a range north of Winter Park this weekend.  Since I am in South Metro, I was actually hopeful of checking out Mt. Herman this summer, but there goes that plan.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 6:54:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Gad damn white trash does the same to my fishing hole. Even though there are trash cans and can/bottle recycling bin they just throw their beer cans and trash all over the place. I easily pay for my fishing license every year picking up beer cans with out much effort.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 4:38:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Gad damn white trash does the same to my fishing hole. Even though there are trash cans and can/bottle recycling bin they just throw their beer cans and trash all over the place. I easily pay for my fishing license every year picking up beer cans with out much effort.
View Quote

Yup! I have had enough of people like that
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top