Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/30/2014 12:06:17 PM EDT
Thank you does not begin to cut it. My allegiance to Colorado and what happened here can never be broken.

I set my course about a year and a half ago be in Nashville taking a seat at the big kids table for whatever that is worth. And if it is and I can get stuff done it will be because friends, Colorado ARFCOMers stood with me and us. The Spurs of the Colorado recall movement came from forgotten Colorado and we reminded them we were here.  We got a state and nationa fired up. And that call to service for many of us has not stopped. It never will for me.

But I have to make changes and attend to the needs of my family while fighting, most of even that was sacrificed in 2013 and I am still working to rebuild it and my health. I love Colorado with all of my heart and I "almost gave it my all" to stand with you and say "not here, not this place. Impossible, yeah we will see about that....." Again ..it was an honor does not begin to touch the significance in my life.

My wife and child have other needs which can not be met here and I refuse to move to the front range (and they hate my very name in Denver). So I have to pack up and move to a gun friendly state where my son can get the education his little brain needs and my wife can practice medicine again.

I hope to leave you with C-SAEF, a statewide safety program so children in schools have a chance & are always safe. (A copy of Ohio FASTER with their help, 500 teachers already trained). But it's success is up to Colorado, website coming this weekend. All legal now and training classes coming August. Fund raising starting ASAP. It is an election year in 2016, maybe we can convince Denver our children are worth protecting.

Know I will never, ever forget Colorado (trust me it left a good dent) and my heart remains here on the western slope ... It pains me to leave. I left once, but I came back. So for now we are off to Tennessee ..

And every September 10th I will be flying my "Free Colorado" flag and remembering til the day I die what happened that day. Liberty won, tyranny lost and a nation saw it.

Older posts:

Voting NRA members and anyone willing to stand up for your 2nd Amendment rights.

Ballots are out now in your monthly magazine (Fed.) which arrives in mid to late Jan or will be shortly via mail if you get an electronic version of the magazine.

Older posts with input on voting and other thoughts:

View Quote
And so it comes to a vote:

Voting NRA members and anyone willing to stand up for your 2nd Amendment rights.

The 2015 vote for the NRA Board of Directors is about a month away. The ballots will come in your February NRA magazine or by way of mail if you get an electronic magazine, if you are a voting member (5 years unbroken/ Life member or higher).

Two Arcomers are on the ballot and I encourage you all to please examine our biographies on the ballot and consider us to serve as your directors. I do not speak on behave of this site, it's official endorecments or Modern Musket: Joseph DeBergalis who is also running (although we did meet at the Sept. NRA board meeting).

Please dig in, do your research and vote for the NRA you want.  Please select Timothy Knight among your preferred candidates. You do not need to vote for all 25 board of director seats. In fact, fewer votes on the ballot will increase your preferred candidates chances of election. Many are deserving, but you get to choose who represents you.

I am adding a few last things to the website before the vote, but you can learn more about me here: http://www.knight4nra.com

For those who are not voting members or not even members I am alway open to input. The 2nd Amendment belongs to all of us. We either stand together as a Republic or we fall apart ...

Original post:

View Quote
I reposted this from GD as I am sure some of you avoid GD.

So it begins ……

After all our history with the Colorado recalls, it seems fitting to announce here on ARFCom that I will be running for a seat on the NRA Board of Directors next year.  To get on the ballot for 2015, I need to collect signatures from 250 NRA voting members by October *2014* but cannot begin collecting them until after the NRA annual meetings, meeting of the members, in Indianapolis on April 26th.  In case you're wondering, a "voting member" is anyone's who's been a member for more than 5 consecutive years or a Life Member (or higher). Voting members can sign the petition now (as of evening April 26th, 2014 online) and cast their vote when they receive their ballot in early 2015

The nomination form can be found at www.knight4NRa.com and it will be available for download on the evening of April 26th. The site will go live on Saturday April 26th at about noon.  If you're willing to support my candidacy, please print the form (legal size, horizontal orientation – NRA rule), fill it out and mail it to me, NOT the NRA (address is on the website).

Elmer Davis said it brilliantly: "This republic was not established by cowards; and cowards will not preserve it."  Guys (and ladies), the time for merely holding our ground has passed - it's now time to start taking it back.  It's not enough to just have a photo op beneath a "Stand and Fight" banner, we need to actually *STAND AND FIGHT*.    

Many of you know me and what I've done for our rights as "just a citizen".  For those of you that don't, though, please visit my website - www.knight4nra.com - to learn more about me, where I stand on the 2nd Amendment and why I want to serve the five-plus million NRA members (and, by collateral, even those of you who aren't exactly our fans).  I'll also include "the resume" below, if you don't feel like clicking.

Again, if you know me, you know I don't like the limelight and starting all these paragraphs with "I" makes me uncomfortable.  But "I" believe I have a real opportunity to take the fight to the enemy and push back on our behalf.  So I guess comfort be damned.

I was the architect of the statewide grassroots Colorado Recall movement in 2013 and founder of the Colorado Recall movement.  Another ARFCommer and I had the first conversation (fellow founder), a few days later we were off and running and I ended up being involved in some form with four of the five recalls in Colorado.  (Seeing myself referred to as "the Godfather of the Recalls" in print still makes me laugh.)

I was the President of the Basic Freedom Defense Fund (recalling Colorado Senate President John Morse) and established a legal umbrella with my Board that later allowed us to offer a joint defense agreement to Pueblo Freedom and Rights (recalling Senator Angela Giron).  This kept both successful recalls legal and clear through several court challenges and put us in a position to negotiate with the NRA, NSSF and others to support the recalls and what roles each would and could play.

I was the founding President of the Colorado 2nd Amendment Association and currently retain a seat on the Board of Directors of this growing pro-rights organization.

I have been a small business owner for 12 years and a Boy Scouts of America District leader (District Commissioner in two different district) for 5 years.

I'm a multiple graduate of Thunder Ranch and Gunsite, have been a CCW practitioner since 1999 and am an NFA/class 3 owner (too expensive!!!).

I am proud holder of the following awards and certifications:

- Eagle Scout and Vigil Honor Class of 1988

- Four time Philmont Training Center attendance – BSA National Leader Training Center

- Wood Badge (Leadership Training) – Class SR-985 - Ticket completed

- Leave No Trace: Master Educator

- William T. Hornaday Gold Badge for Excellent in conservation education

- The Saint George Award of the Episcopal Church

I am currently being considered as a candidate for the Colorado Mounted Rangers (auxiliary state law enforcement branch) and can claim membership in the following pro-rights and hunting groups:

- NRA - Benefactor Life

- NRA - The Ring of Freedom - Loyalty Fund - Charter Member

- NRA Whittington Center – Sustaining Life Member:  Pioneer Member

- Colorado 2nd Amendment Association - Founding Member #1

- AR15.com - Life Member - class of 2008

- Buckeye Firearms Association - Defender

- Texas State Rifle Association - Life Defender Member

- Georgia Gun Owners - Life Member

- Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms - Patron Member

- Second Amendment Foundation - Committee of One Thousand

- Second Amendment Sisters - Associate Life Member

- Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership (JPFO) - Life Member

- Gun Owners of America - Life Member

- Law Enforcement Alliance of America - Life Member

- California Rifle and Pistol Association - Life Member

- Gun Owners of South Carolina - Life Member

- Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation - Life Member

- Ducks Unlimited

- Wild Sheep Foundation – Life Member

In short, I don't just talk the talk and I hope I can count on you to help me "walk" a whole lot farther than I already have.

Please visit my website (www.knight4NRa.com) on April 26th or later, look around and be sure to visit the Q & A page, most of your questions will be answered there. If you have others you are welcome to “IM” me. I can also send the form to you if you do not have legal paper. IM me and I will send it to you with a return envelope.

ARFcommer’s ALL. SCdonttreadonme (2nd from the left, make that right. That gift again ). The team (minus two) in the picture might chime in.

edit: to add data and bring the post past "I am at the NRA annual meeting come find me"
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 12:29:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm the guy in the middle of that picture and know first hand the level of dedication that SCDonttreadonme has to the cause of protecting the 2nd Amendment. To be perfectly frank, if it wasn't for him, the recalls wouldn't have succeeded. I am without doubt that he will bring that same level of dedication to the NRA board.

You know you have my support.
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 12:54:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm the guy on the far right in that picture, and I'll echo what FF said.  No chance we would have succeeded without Tim.  He's got a tenacity for liberty, and that tenacity is what the NRA needs on its Board of Directors.
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 1:07:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, if you get to repost then so do I.  Especially since I am still tired, sick and cranky!  Oh, yeah - and I'm the guy in the pic with the LaRue hat.

Tim was a financially successful businessman with plans to launch a new venture in Colorado. He was courted by the local Republicans and could easily have pursued a shoe-in career in local politics.  He had a wife and a young son who loved and needed him.  After the 2013 assault on our rights, when just about every other big-talking sonofabitch in the state sat on their thumbs looking perplexed and hurt, Tim had a conversation with James about recall and then he ran with it.  

That's great "inside cover text".  Now here's what that means in practical terms.

His family did without him entirely for days if not weeks on end because he lives in the southwest corner of our state, on the other side of the Rockies, and he drove six to eight hours each direction on a regular basis because he needed to look people in the eye when rallying support, meeting legislators and securing allies.  He didn't bitch about it, he just did it.  After doing that for 9 months, though, he nearly fucking died (Tim, apologies if this embarrasses you).  His body pretty much shut down.  His back was on its way to being wrecked, his kidneys had just about failed.  He had several surgeries and was in the hospital for a month after our victory party.  So while the local "defenders of liberty" were falling over each other to take credit for the recalls, Tim was a little busy trying not to die from exhaustion.

The business he was going to start to provide for his family and employ fellow Coloradans?  Yeah, that didn't happen because he was too fucking busy pushing back for our rights.  The bankroll he started with?  Buh-bye.  He personally put a six-digit sum into the fight on top of what ARFCom and others donated to keep the recall movement afloat and legally defended.  His potential political career in Colorado?  Yeah, right.  That bridge was not only burned, it was vaporized because he told the Republicans that they were gutless, honorless bastards and that doing their job for them was more important to him than being their vassal.

He didn't care about credit.  He shied away from the cameras and media until after the recalls succeeded.  He worked with people he knew hated him and talked shit behind his back and he did it with tact, diplomacy and a goofy smile because all that mattered was doing the right thing and delivering a win for personal liberty when the whole fucking country needed one.  

So I think about what I know and I imagine him sitting on the board of a national group with five million members.  I picture what he might be able to accomplish in terms of reclaiming lost ground and inspiring people to get up and act, even if they need to do it on their own time and own dime.  I've said it before in other threads and this is a perfect place to say it again.  The NRA is powerful but slow and lumbering.  It needs new leadership that is more nimble and, frankly, more fucking pissed off and driven.  We need people like Tim to lead an offense and not just do reactionary damage control.  He's got my vote, he's got my wife's vote and we're reaching out to every voting member when know to secure theirs as well.
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 7:51:41 PM EDT
[#4]
You've got my support. Can a voting member from another state sign for you? I've got several relatives in Missouri that are lifers....
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 10:50:27 PM EDT
[#5]
You've got my support.  I will pass the info along to other NRA voting members I know as well.

Link Posted: 4/30/2014 11:06:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You've got my support.  I will pass the info along to other NRA voting members I know as well.

View Quote

Likewise.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 12:33:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You've got my support. Can a voting member from another state sign for you? I've got several relatives in Missouri that are lifers....
View Quote

Yes sir, just voting members on the legal paper is what the NRA is looking for. More the merrier!

Glad to send you the forms and envelopes, just IM me your address.

Thank you all for the support!
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 2:04:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Mr. Tim Knight deserves a STRONG showing from CO NRA voting members!  (Life or 5+ years continuous membership)

If you don't fully understand what HE and a very few folks ACCOMPLISHED in the 2013 recalls, PLEASE spend a few minutes on his page... www.knight4nra.com.  If you have questions, most all are members here.

For petition purposes, I have an official "legal size" form started in the CO SPGS region and gathering signatures from my known eligible voting members.  IM if interested... I can meet & greet if we can work the timing/work schedule or I'd be happy to print out a blank sheet for anybody willing to help locally.

Always love meeting more locals in the "bitter/clinger" class...

B2

Who knew 8.5" x 14" paper was that hard to come by?    (Honestly, it's the only way to fit all the required info and make it legible...)

Link Posted: 5/6/2014 7:52:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I got some petition materials from Tim today. I would be happy to meet any of you at you're nearest Walmart, Home Depot, etc... parking lot in the Tech Center or Parker area. Weekends would likely work best. Just PM me, thanks
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 12:53:36 AM EDT
[#10]
thanks for the pin!
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 12:16:21 PM EDT
[#11]
So my son and I are driving up to a Friends of the NRA dinner on May 31st in Grand Junction. I just bought a table for ten, anyone want to come? Chime in and fill the seats at my table. Let's meet. The seats cost ya nothing, but if you want some of the cool swag and auction items that is on you.  Any takers?

GRAND VALLEY Friends of NRA
SATURDAY, MAY 31, 2014 5:00 PM
159 Main St.
Grand Junction, CO 81501
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 2:46:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Bump for a man who WE should ensure is on the 2015 NRA BOD ballot and ultimately elect:   www.knight4nra.com

I'll print/send a form for NRA voters/eligible petition signer(s) that don't have legal paper, can't get to somebody collecting sigs or just want to help.

B2

I remain willing to meet NRA voting members the CO SPGS region but plan to send the first few "vetted sigs" off after Memorial Day so Tim has a decent count and some knowledge on how hard he needs to press later this year.  He has site-wide support but the more the merrier... Election will be harder!  

(Contact = ARFCOM IM is best)

Link Posted: 5/24/2014 1:37:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Agree with above. Let me know if you are in the south Denver area (Parker/castle rock/DTC) I have the forms, all you need to do is sign it. PM me for details .
Link Posted: 5/24/2014 11:14:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Thank you both (and everyone else who is helping me collect signatures).

A few signatures have come into my box, but I have an up hill battle in front of me.

I am working on plans for once I get on the ballot, but the signatures are proving to be a challenge.

The big problem seems to be that most people who sign don't know if they are voting members or what their member number is.
I can take petition signature lines without the member number if all of the rest of the data is filled in. I can look up the numbers. As for the voting member, folks seem to be confused on eligibility. You to have been a member for 5 years or life or greater membership. Those that purchase a 5 year membership are not able to vote until they have been members for the 5 years.
Link Posted: 5/24/2014 10:34:18 PM EDT
[#15]
I haven't been an NRA member for 5 years and am not a lifetime member. I think my father is so I sent him a link to your website and asked him to sign and get any of his buddies that meet the requirements to do so as well.

Link Posted: 5/24/2014 11:02:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I haven't been an NRA member for 5 years and am not a lifetime member. I think my father is so I sent him a link to your website and asked him to sign and get any of his buddies that meet the requirements to do so as well.

View Quote

Thank you and looking forward to seeing you all in Grand Junction, CO next week.

I know my sons highlight will be playing with your kids. He is getting tired of dealing with daddy stuff, but at 5 who can blame him.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 10:24:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Some signature are staring to trickle in. Thank you all and if you have a few please send them along. I need to get an idea of what my count is.

Without your support I could not do this, I am humbled ....

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 1:00:35 PM EDT
[#18]
bump
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 9:20:41 AM EDT
[#19]
You have my word that you will get at least two from me. I was hoping I could get some more before I send it. When is it due to you again?

Again, anyone in the front range area, let me know and I will come let you sign this.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 12:45:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Like to have them back by mid August at the latest.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 1:17:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Little less than half way now. I am going to the Tanner Gun show in Denver on July 19th and 20th and will make a habit of doing it the future as well no mater where I live. Come visit my booth and visit the new C2AA booth too. Can't know what the members are thinking unless you are making eye contact. So into the deep end. And thank you all for your continued support. Keep them coming ..... I need to well clear the goal to be safe.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 6:41:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Still need a packet sent out bud
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 1:58:01 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Still need a packet sent out bud
View Quote
See post above/IM if you can't find/print 11x14 paper... I'll  send the sig-blank/KeithC pre-filled nomination form/forms and even include a pre-paid mailing envelope to forward to Tim.

For all supporting:  Please print your sponsor info legibly!  If possible, try to get the eligible NRA member numbers (it's not hard if you can get them to bring in a recent magazine) and make those legible.  For non-lifer sigs, I'd also reconfirm they have been 5-years continuous.

Link Posted: 7/15/2014 1:32:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Looking forward to the Tanner show in Denver this coming weekend, stop by and say hi.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:50:35 AM EDT
[#25]
I enjoyed meeting folks at the Tanner Gun Show in Denver this last weekend.

Surprised at how many people, gun people, had never heard of the Colorado recalls. Some people did not care, I expected that.

I was able to get about 60 signatures from voting members over the 2 days. I imagine about 40 of them are valid. Their is something to the card carrying member thing. I never thought this was going to be an easy road, and I need a good margin so I am now off in seek of more voting members.

And so member don't think I am entitled, lazy or don't want this, I am very willing to travel gun shows in other states ..... So I am now looking at hitting some shows in August and September. The least I can do is stand and ask for support, take the heat and show that I really think I can make a difference. Even if I get on the board and get the internal nomination next time, I will still travel and take the heat from the members as long as I remain on board. I really respect the few board members that also get a "nomination by petition as well," they want to stay connected to the members (you can have both: nomination committee and petition).

And thank you for all of your support, I will take all of the help I can get.  I was under no Illusion that I did not have to earn this, glad to.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:37:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Keep up the good fight.

Anyone on the front range that wants to sign, let me know ASAP. I will be mailing my sheet to Tim soon.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:54:19 PM EDT
[#27]
So the tour continues, to show you and other fellow NRA members that I am serious about both my run for the board & injecting some grassroots success into the NRA.

I am traveling to the following gun shows to earn it. Making final plans now.

Aug 16th - 17th, 2014Dixie Charlotte Gun & Knife ShowCharlotte, NC
Aug 30th - 31st, 2014Phoenix Gun Show  Phoenix, AZ
Sep 20th - 21st, 2014HGCA Gun ShowHouston, TX

So if anyone is in the area stop by and say hi. Love to meet ARCOMers.
Adult beverages immediately following all Saturday dates. Join me!

I will have a booth and collect signatures. Looking members in the eye and really campaging for my seat at the table.
I will continue to do this as long as I remain on the board (if I am able to get on) at shows all over the country.

- Tim
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:52:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:36:01 PM EDT
[#29]
I certainly will, I just need to wrap up the tables. Thanks for the support.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 5:07:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Bump for a thank you.....

The founders of the Colorado recall movement wanted to thank the socioeconomic and Lliberty engine that ARFCOM has become. So we framed up a Free Colorado flag for there new store. I flew down to Dallas to help them unwrap it today. Thank you does not begin to cut it, but to all of those who made a difference we thank you and will continue to do so in person every chance we get. Inscribed below the flag it reads (Keith C wrote it).

Without AR15.com, there would have been no recalls in Colorado. It was where we met, organized and recruited. When we were out of money and abandoned by "conservatives", its members opened their wallets to sustain us. It gave us the help -and hope - we needed to see the job through and we will always be grateful. We hope you will accept this token of our appreciation and smile at the knowledge that the stick we jammed in the eye of gun control had a BFL branded on it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 5:46:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 12:17:11 PM EDT
[#32]
This may have already been answered, but if you are the person circulating the petition, may you sign your own petition?
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 4:21:30 AM EDT
[#33]
This petition process was designed to fail. The NRA does it to keep those not interested in really helping (read destroy) the NRA from even getting on the ballot. Now it also makes is brilliantly hard for even those grassroots folks who are true believers in the 2nd Amendment to get on the ballot as well.

That does not mean that I am not trying my damnedest by flying all over country and looking members in the eye. I don't think I am entitled and I will always run this way, by earning it with the members. But getting the petition forms is difficult and they look for any reason to disqualify the forms/signatures. About 2/3 of those mailed to me have to be redone. I quickly drop the correct forms with signature flags, directions, a flyer and a note apologizing for the painful process. I enclose a post paid return envelope and so far I have gotten a few back. Hear me, these are not my demands, the NRA is just going to toss them. I know it is a pain the ass, trust me I know.

Some of the most common errors are:

1.) Not using legal paper
2.) using legal paper but the print only covering the size of a normal 8.5 x 11 in horizontal orientation (I had one with 12 signatures yesterday!) the NRA will void the whole page
3.) Most people are leaving off the circulator of the petition blank. Even if it is just one signature, the person collecting has to be at the top.

I put direction on my website, but most people will not read them. Hey I am very guilty of not reading direction too.

Some are just sending me an IM with their address and I drop a packet with return postage. Glad to do that.

I will get past this and I will hopefully get enough, I need 250 valid voting members signatures. About 40% of the petition nomination lines on the forms will not be valid because some can't be read, others will not be voting members or their name does not exactly match the the NRA's records. So I need somewhere north of 400 to be safe. I am about half way there and I have until the end of September. I am going to three more gun shows (Houston, Phoenix and ABQ, NM, I could not make Charlotte they would not call back). Each of those shows might yield 30 signatures over a two day period.

So without the dedicated support I have been getting here, a few friends really digging in for me (one guy got me 45!) and the gun shows this would be impossible.
Know that every signature counts and I value every one I get. I will sent a packet back with a return envelope for even one signature if the form is incorrect.

So 25 people will get an internal nomination from the Nominating Commitee as approved and vetted candidates for the board. I will NOT be among those 25. Perhaps 5 to 7 more will get on the ballot by this petition process (the really cool kids get both an internal nomination and still collect petitions for a nomination, I respect that).  Voting members once they get their ballot will typical shun those who make the ballot by petition only because they have not been vetted by the NRA. I will have to write (with some help , captain dyslexia) a strong bio and hope people remember what happened in Colorado in 2013. I am building a strong "like" base on Facebook, seeking a few endorsements and working other ad forms to. I will beef up the web page and see what February when the ballots mail out brings.

So someone asked me a few questions and I thought best to answer a few of them here too:

Did you seek the internal nomination from the nominating committee?

I did explore this option and I did converse with a former nominating committee chair and a few other board members. I was told that frankly I was an unknown and unlikely to get the support of the committee. I am white and male, so the math looks bad. Women and minorities are a shoes in. Their words not mine by the way.  I did not see this as anything more than I have not had a chance to prove myself to them. Okay I have to earn it, all right then I will.  I wrote a note to President of the NRA, Mr. Porter, volunteering to serve on the grassroots committee no matter the outcome of the election this next year. I did get a note back, but no mention of my offer. I will see him in person in September, I intend to make the same offer again.

Okay so you get on the Board and we are never going to see you again right? You will sit there and ride it out, take the perks etc.

I don't think of serving on the board as a feather in my cap, I am not by nature a guy who likes to be at the front of the room. But stuff needs doing and I am that guy and I have the time. I will always run by petition, I will always go to gun shows and take the I hate the NRA heat. In fact over time more than a few of you will meet me and I will be glad of it. I am not going to hide. You will see me at Friends of the NRA dinners in as many states as I can make, shooting for two new states every year. Annual meetings for sure and I am working on an angle for said meetings and Friday get together every year.

I will be 45 next year and if I am luck to earn a spot on the board next April I will serve until I am 60 and I will not run again. I want to get some stuff done with a few key programs and really work on finding good people who have the time to follow me. Find a few replacements as it were. I might still help on committees, but I will make room for fresh folks. Members of the board are entitled to compensation for travel and food if they can't afford it and some great board members I know are not well off, but they brilliant board members and I would not knock them for a second (they are really getting it done). I on the other hand have done okay and I don't have take the reimbursement, I never will. I would rather it be used for those that need it. I have included the NRA in my will, but I have delayed instructions until after the election so no one thinks I bought my way in.  I was taught to earn everything and continue to prove your worth. Never believe your press or that you are any better, different maybe (aren't we all), be useful or get out of the way.

I look forward to meeting as many of you as I can over the years and it would be even better if it was shooting somewhere. Thank you for all of your support, I will not let you down ...

So like me on Facebook (public figure page, thrilled about that I was ) and visit my website www.knight4nra.com

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 11:56:25 AM EDT
[#34]
And since I am so happy to be a public person (NOT) please visit my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/knight4nra

Every nomination and vote matters to me, I don't mind earning it. I expect nothing for free. I spent the weekend at a gun show in ABQ, NM and I got 25 signatures. If it was about the money and the yield of signatures that might considered an epic fail. But I want members no matter their status, voting or not, to know that the I care about what they are saying no matter their state. Few board members do this, I respect those that do. I will always stand in front of the members at gun show and event all over the country as long as I serve on the board.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 6:16:59 PM EDT
[#35]
I got news that the NRA nominating committee has approved 29 candidates by way of an internal nomination for the 25 available board seats.

I will not be on this list. I was told very early on that I would not be getting the internal nomination as I do not fit into one of the strategic needs of the NRA. I am not an attorney, captain of industry, nor will I fill a role that they believe they need.  Understand this is not Wayne La Pierre or Chris Cox or the management structure, this is a reflection of the board. The members, or more specifically the voting members, of the NRA have the final say on who represents them. I am and have always been running by way of a petition. If I am lucky enough to beat the extreme odds to even get on the ballot and then get elected I want the members to know two things beyond my results past and future.

1.) I will always run by petition and stand in front of the members at gun shows all over the country (not just in my home state). I was taught at a young age to earn things, expect nothing. And if you earn it you need to continue to prove your worth or get out of the way.  No handouts needed, expected or desired. The members deserve to know more of there directors and express their concerns in person. It is a national position of responsibility and I very much understand that. Even if I were to receive the internal nomination in the future I will still run by petition.

2.) I will be 45 next year. If am able to push through and get a seat I will serve, make a difference and vacate the seat when I turn 60. I might still serve on a committee, but I want to make room for new people. I will always be on the look out for those to follow me and work to find my replacements and encourage others push against the odds.

My official answer from my website as to why I am not seeking the internal nomination:

WHY ARE YOU SEEKING A PETITION OF THE MEMBERS RATHER THAN THE APPROVAL OF THE NOMINATING COMMITTEE FOR THE 2015 BALLOT?

I believe that the members of the National Rifle Association are the most important part of the Association and I will always seek their approval by way of a member nomination while serving on the Board.  Rarely do people who only seek such “nomination from the members” gain a Board seat but I never take the easy way out and NRA members deserve that degree of respect if I am asking them for support.  They have already seen my efforts (please read my bio) and I hope that I can earn both their nomination and later their vote on the 2015 ballot.

As for the NRA nominating committee, I would consider it an honor to have proven myself to our current Board members but I have not yet had the opportunity to work with many of them and so I have not sought the committee’s recommendation.  Though I would gladly welcome their individual support, they are limited to recommending twenty-five people and I believe I am unlikely draw approval away from an established board member.

Being effective in justifying my message and gaining member nomination will be hard work but worth doing.  I would be humbled and honored to serve and would do so tirelessly - our Republic deserves nothing less.  I hope both the NRA's members and leadership can see the strength of my work for the Second Amendment and envision the success I can bring our Association as a ceaseless and effective proponent.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 6:09:18 PM EDT
[#36]
ARFCOMMERS IN THE LONGMONT/BOULDER AREA!! Last call, guys.  I'm sad to report I'm getting the last few pathetic signatures I can muster here in occupied Boulder County and will send off what I have by the end of this week.  IF ANYONE ELSE CAN SIGN, drop me a line and we'll meet up somehow.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:18:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Tim.

I got what I could..........It's not the fact people don't want to sign it's the requirements for eligibility. In the end I got one lousy signature but she was at least an lifetime member and an NRA instructor.

God speed on this buddy.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:25:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Tim.

I got what I could..........It's not the fact people don't want to sign it's the requirements for eligibility. In the end I got one lousy signature but she was at least an lifetime member and an NRA instructor.
God speed on this buddy.
View Quote

I will gladly take it brother! Thanks for everything.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:21:56 PM EDT
[#39]
I was in Virginia last weekend with my brothers from the recall and I did short interview, with bolt face logo on, last Friday.

To the 2nd shift of Liberty ...making a difference.

http://www.nranews.com/cam/video/tim-knight-nra-ila-jay-m-littlefield-memorial-volunteer-of-the-year-award
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:01:49 AM EDT
[#40]
I thought this could be useful to some of you, so I am cross posting.

Quoted:
What is the last day you need to receive the petitions back?  Your letter said Sept 15th but in this thread you said you have to the end of September.
View Quote

After 15th I am directing all new petitions sent from me with a return envelope to the NRA instead of back to me. Everyone with a return envelopes addressed to me should still send to me, but new ones will include a different envelope.

I was verifying information with the NRA and counting, so I could know how many I had and if they were valid. When sending to the NRA I will not know either. The September 15th date was just to poke folks to get it done and so I can know where I was. About 55 % petitions lines sent to me are not valid so I am returning them to the collector/ person nominating if possible. The packets I am sending out are coming back with almost perfect validity because folks see the two "sign here" flags on each petition and they are sent on correctly printed paper, this eliminated two of the five most common problems with petition validity. The petition system is designed to fail and trust me I know how infuriating this all is . Some very, very smart people I know are not getting it right and everyone is well intensioned, but the direction are vital. I am thankful for every single nomination and I will go far beyond to get one good petition nomination, they are that important. I have had more that a few phone conversation with ARFCOMERs to talk them through it.

Errors mostly eliminated by me sending packets:

1. Not seeing or following directions: needs to have two areas filled out on the nomination sheet. "Name of Person Circulating Peition" & data in the numbered rows
2. Printed incorrectly: needs to be on legal paper in the horizontal orientation covering the whole page. Many come on legal paper, but not covering the whole page.

Errors that still continue:
3. Can't read the data
4. Wrong data: address must match NRA records perfectly. Name exactly as it appears in NRA records (Middle initial or name?). Or not including the whole membership number (the number must exactly match the membership card with all of the included zeros (if applicable), but to add to the confusion the magazine adds zeros which are not correct)
5. People thinking they are voting members, but are not. A phone call to the NRA to check by the member is the only way to confirm. Life and above members are good to go.

By collecting them and verifying I can get a ball park idea from the NRA by way of a phone call how the validity is going. I am allowed a 10 min call per day to check the data. They ask for a zip and then name, they confirm with a membership number if the first two things I give them are correct. They do not confirm the address, but when officially counted they do check this and/or  if they can't read it or it does not match it still get tossed. They will not tell me if the person is in fact a voting member either, so that is part of the issues as well.

So that is why I need so many petitions and why I was pushing to get folks to get them back by the 15th. I will take them anyway I can get them, but knowing is better. As friend said I should run for congress because it is easier ......

Anyway..... Thank you all for the support and understanding.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 12:14:26 PM EDT
[#41]
From another thread:

Quoted:
What's your current count?
View Quote

I hesitate to share this as several people are rubbing their hands together in joy over my expected failure, some reading this thread with interest in fact, but ARFCOM has continued to be well of support, so here it is .......

I have about collected about 500 nominations as of Friday.

Some are now being sent directly to the NRA and I will not know if they are valid or ever sent. Just folks word and I am going to have to be good with that and I am thankful.

With an estimated validity rate of 48.6% of the ones I have collected the math is very close.

I need 250 valid. So I am close, but I still need to push & why I hope everyone gets them in.

Everyone nomination counts.

I still have work to do and I have not stopped since the minute the "NRA annual meeting of the members" ended at the NRA annual meeting in April.
I have collected here, guns shows in several states as well as through friends, family and my recall bothers. I have received tremendous support here, as did the Colorado recalls.

So I am close, but I still need to push & why I hope everyone gets them in.

Everyone nomination counts.

Many want me to fail to get on the ballot ...... and I am suppose to fail running this way. Despite the fact that I was told I had two other things against me (male and "another white guy") besides the petition nomination, I do feel that I have a decent shot if I get on the ballot. It seems that the Colorado recalls are a story almost every NRA member has heard. I don't expect to be given anything and I will always earn it, but that story helps. It is funny , that several people have claimed the idea in news stories and still others have in fact been given awards based on my work and that of my recall brothers. We were to focused on Liberty and winning to claim credit. I can't wait for the book...... , oh yeah that is coming .....

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:35:29 PM EDT
[#42]
So I called the NRA this morning to confirm that they had received my most recent box of nominations and started the counting.

You guys, my travels and the efforts many ...... Well frankly we "crushed it." My last count was 767 and that does not include those who sent their nominations directly to the NRA. I will be on the 2015 NRA board of directors ballot! Oh yeah! Again I am humbled and I will continue to earn it.

So what is next?

Please look for your NRA Board of directors ballot in your NRA magazine in early 2015 (or by mail if you get an electronic copy of the magazine), Please select Timothy Knight among your preferred candidates. You do not need to vote for all 25 board of director seats. In fact, fewer votes on the ballot will increase your preferred candidates chances of election. Many are deserving, but you get to choose who represents you.

And what am I doing?

I am getting ready to jump into another state right before the general election and work with a few groups to be a grassroots surprise package. More on that right before it happens, but it appears that the Colorado recalls have had an impact/influence nationally and I am glad to make a difference where our rights takers do not expect me. I am but an example and I hope to meet many others ......

Again, thank you all. . The power of ARFCOM May those who can not figure us out

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more........."
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:07:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Kick ass, brother!  Now we help you hit the beaches during the election!
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:34:19 PM EDT
[#44]
this is great news, congrats! i'm glad the hard work payed off, and i'd really like to see (at least) one of the recall architects on the NRA BOD.  I've a voting member, and you'll get my vote, tim!
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:29:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Great news!
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 1:35:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Thanks for the hard work Tim. You are truly deserving and you are a true warrior in freedom fighting. I wish I could have helped more. I will watch for my ballot and make for damn sure you get my vote. Thanks again an don't give up.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 2:22:14 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Great news!
View Quote
This. Awesome news Tim AWESOME!

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:19:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Great news Tim.

Congrats!

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:29:56 AM EDT
[#49]
It's official ..... And again ARFCOM. I could not have done it without you.

Over 750 Nominations from 48 states and 1 from Germany. They asked me to stop sending the nominations.....

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 6:56:46 PM EDT
[#50]
nice!  be sure to frame that!  you're an inspiration to us all!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top