Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2014 11:57:39 AM EDT
DENVER (AP) — A contentious Democrat-led effort to change rules governing recalls after two of their senators were booted from office has cleared the House on a party-line vote.

The House voted 37-28 on Thursday with only Democrats in favor. The bill updates recall requirements that were written long before modern elections procedures, such as mail-in voting.
View Quote

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/04/17/colorado-recall-election-changes-being-finalized/

They just can't handle the loss we brought on them.  Sorry, guys.  You lost, fair and square.  Don't go changing the rules now because you're upset.  Maybe, just maybe you ought to listen to your constituents when you go to vote on contentious bills now.  That's the lesson that any reasonable person would have taken away from last year.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 12:23:26 PM EDT
[#1]
That is the least informative article I have seen in a long time.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 1:36:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Hell, I'm just shocked no Republicans signed on.  Not like they're bulletproof (so to speak).

ETA: On the dimly bright side, though, they killed HB14-1253.  This was the mental health bill that conveniently relaxed some of the verbiage allowing involuntary holds and removed the trial by jury aspect to declaring someone mentally ill.  Here.  Or, for more detail, Luke's opinion piece here.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:02:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Will it (can it) get past the Senate?  What are the odds of this garbage becoming law?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:59:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Will it (can it) get past the Senate?  What are the odds of this garbage becoming law?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The bill has already passed the Senate, but lawmakers must work out small differences before the bill goes to the governor.

http://gazette.com/colorado-recall-election-changes-being-finalized/article/1518431

Hick will sign, he's not scared of the election.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:50:01 AM EDT
[#5]
This is my surprised face:
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:45:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Surprise surprise...
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:09:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:31:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So if they take away legal means to recall legislators...
View Quote

I will be quietly disappointed and meekly submit to whatever my betters think is right for me and my children.  Seriously.  And he was like that when I found him.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:54:25 PM EDT
[#9]
We have read up on this.  They can pass statute all they want but they can not overrule  the constitution.  This will get taken to court and gutted just like their last law.  

It will just be expensive.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 6:38:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It will just be expensive.
View Quote

As always.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top