Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2014 9:48:34 AM EDT
Well friends. Tomorrow begins the sheriff's lawsuit case. It wil commence at 8:30AM and according to   http://coloradoguncase.org   ,     it will last ten days. Pray that justice will be swift in our favor. Give em hell!
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 10:23:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Well friends. Tomorrow begins the sheriff's lawsuit case. It wil commence at 8:30AM and according to   http://coloradoguncase.org   ,     it will last ten days. Pray that justice will be swift in our favor. Give em hell!
View Quote

I'll be following this as closely as possible, but I'm not expecting much in the way of mainstream media coverage.
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 11:02:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'll be following this as closely as possible, but I'm not expecting much in the way of mainstream media coverage.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lets hope no coverage means they are scared, very scared.
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 2:56:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Can anyone clarify what they are suing about?  Is it the 15 round mag limit?  What about it?  The law as it's currently written is too vaguely worded?  Or, that the entire thing is outright unconstitutional?  Sorry for the 20 questions.  I just figured it might be helpful so that everyone is on the same page (including me ).

Also, what is the best possible outcome?  The law gets tossed?
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 5:01:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Can anyone clarify what they are suing about?  Is it the 15 round mag limit?  What about it?  The law as it's currently written is too vaguely worded?  Or, that the entire thing is outright unconstitutional?  Sorry for the 20 questions.  I just figured it might be helpful so that everyone is on the same page (including me ).

Also, what is the best possible outcome?  The law gets tossed?
View Quote

Pretty sure all of the above. Best case scenario the laws would get tossed as unconstitutional. We will no for sure in 10 days
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 3:59:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm curious if anyone has attended the trial this week.  I've not seen any news reporting since the trial began on Monday.  Would be interesting to hear how it is going and whether or not we stand a snowballs chance of either bill being ruled unconstitutional.  Anybody have any news?
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 6:49:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm curious if anyone has attended the trial this week.  I've not seen any news reporting since the trial began on Monday.  Would be interesting to hear how it is going and whether or not we stand a snowballs chance of either bill being ruled unconstitutional.  Anybody have any news?
View Quote

Ive been tuned in to Sheriff Smith and Sheriff Cooke's facebook page. They said they would update us when they could. If I find more information, I will post it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:03:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, I haven't seen anything from anyone.  The news is, predictably, silent.  Sheriff Smith has been quiet on Facebook as well.  Perhaps we'll get a week-end recap from him after the trial finishes for the weekend tonight.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 8:19:30 AM EDT
[#8]
The only,only media burp was from 9 news....Mon or tues night . Very qiuck, no mention, I mean no mention of it being any COLO Sheriffs involved. Something about "pro-gun folks" trying to overturn the current legislation.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 11:24:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Monday Ch. 4 had a short mention in the 10 news, just that it started and should go 2 weeks.  Haven't read the Post in a few days but trials, especially without cameras allowed make bad tv, but better newspaper/radio stories.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 3:19:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The only,only media burp was from 9 news....Mon or tues night . Very qiuck, no mention, I mean no mention of it being any COLO Sheriffs involved. Something about "pro-gun folks" trying to overturn the current legislation.
View Quote

The local newspaper, Glenwood Post Independence, had a small blurb Tuesday as well. Same thing "gun owners" but no mention of the sheriffs involvement.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 7:35:36 AM EDT
[#11]
I thought I'd check out the Colorado hometown forum for info.  It seems there isn't too much in here either!

I wonder why the semi media blackout?  

Any Coloradoan members go and sit in on any of the hearings?

I hope you guys can take your state back!
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 8:08:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Blog post from first day of trial.

linky

Not sure where I read it, but I recall reading that the judge did not want this "tried in the media".

There were short bits on the local Grand Junction news, but nothing of significance.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 6:50:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Blog post from first day of trial.

linky

Not sure where I read it, but I recall reading that the judge did not want this "tried in the media".

There were short bits on the local Grand Junction news, but nothing of significance.
View Quote

Sheriff Cooke can't even talk about the trial as he is a witness.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 2:29:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Hey, just a quick heads up to my Colorado brethren.  On the Sportsman's Channel on the NRA News show, the host Cam Edwards related that they will be discussing the Colorado hearings.

It's on from 6-7 Eastern.  Not sure what it is for you guys out there!

EDITED TO ADD: Never mind folks.  Just a rehash of what we all knew.

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:32:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Here is a summary from Clear the Bench Colorado.  They seem to think based on the character of the testimony given (Facts and documtation from the plaintifs, emotional whinging from the defendants) these laws should be stricken down, but that there is also a strong probability that the case will be appealed (perhaps all the way to the Supreme Court) based on the political nature of the issue.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:50:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Here is a summary from Clear the Bench Colorado.  They seem to think based on the character of the testimony given (Facts and documtation from the plaintifs, emotional whinging from the defendants) these laws should be stricken down, but that there is also a strong probability that the case will be appealed (perhaps all the way to the Supreme Court) based on the political nature of the issue.
View Quote

Pretty much everything ive read supports this as well. The trial ends tomorrow but the verdict may take longer according to sheriff Cooke.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:17:16 AM EDT
[#17]
This was a FB post from Larimer County Sheriff Smith:

"The Sheriffs' lawsuit against the Governor wrapped up yesterday. We were satisfied with how the presentation of evidence went.

The case is in the hands of Judge Krieger and we are told to expect a ruling sometime in the next 6 months. We believe that we effectively made the best case possible to reinstate the rights of law abiding Coloradans."
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:18:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This was a FB post from Larimer County Sheriff Smith:

The Sheriffs' lawsuit against the Governor wrapped up yesterday. We were satisfied with how the presentation of evidence went.

"The case is in the hands of Judge Krieger and we are told to expect a ruling sometime in the next 6 months. We believe that we effectively made the best case possible to reinstate the rights of law abiding Coloradans."
View Quote

I really did not like reading the 6 month part when I saw his post.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 10:42:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Regardless of the judge's decision I'd expect to see an appeal so we're still a long way out from dealing with this cluster of bad laws.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 5:47:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Tagging for updates
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 12:07:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Regardless of the judge's decision I'd expect to see an appeal so we're still a long way out from dealing with this cluster of bad laws.
View Quote

+1.....This case is primed for a quick trip to SCOTUS.  Even if there are appeals, there are other similar magazine bans in other that would be affected by having Federal court rule it unconstitutional.  Too much at risk for the gun control mafia in NY, etc.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:29:27 PM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 8:57:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:45:57 AM EDT
[#24]

Other than the RMGO watermark, I like it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:59:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Other than the RMGO watermark, I like it.
View All Quotes

This. BFDF or C2AA would be more appropriate and better.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 7:49:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

BFDF no longer exists.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 9:23:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

BFDF no longer exists.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BFDF no longer exists.

I know, but it would still be appropriate.  If BFDF were on there, then is should also have  "and PFR" (sorry for forgetting guys).
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:55:57 PM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:33:57 AM EDT
[#29]
According to the boss man, we should find out the judges ruling sometime in September. Then the appeals process, and the sheriff's fully expect this to go all the way to Supreme Court. It's gonna be a long wait
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:50:53 AM EDT
[#30]
If the judge rules against the laws will they immediately become null or does it have to go through the whole process to SCOTUS?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:15:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Whose Supreme Court ( CO's I assume ?) Hope it causes a stir before NOV's election of some kind.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:17:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
If the judge rules against the laws will they immediately become null or does it have to go through the whole process to SCOTUS?
View Quote

Generally an appeal stays the ruling IIRC.

So if it's ruled in our favor, the laws remain until all appeals are done.

I think.  IANAL, just what I recall from previous cases.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top