BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 3:47:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Any ideas for a date/time?
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 12:24:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I head up to Alaska in late May.  It would be nice to get in a shoot before I have to go.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 6:55:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm interested. I have about a dozen AR-500 steel targets I can bring also. (Mostly the rifle-rated 'stake-n-shoot' targets from Challenge Targets)  Has there been a place/date set yet?
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 7:08:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm back from all my business trips this month.  Definitely in to bring a small grill or some wood target stands for pistol.  My rifles need to be taken out for a good walk.  Got a new M1 Carbine that hasn't been shot since '68, so it's definitely time!!  
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 7:16:15 AM EDT
[#5]
We have a date yet?  I'm still down to come to the Western Slope to shoot some stuff.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 9:46:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Okay. I IM'd TheGunCollector and he is still game for a shoot at his place. How does May 3rd shoot in Grand Junction look for everyone?
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 1:27:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Okay. I IM'd TheGunCollector and he is still game for a shoot at his place. How does May 3rd shoot in Grand Junction look for everyone?
View Quote

Ha! I can make that one!!
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 1:29:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/27/2014 1:29:37 PM EDT
[#9]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/whwnpkF.gif

I know!! It's amazing lol
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 2:26:06 PM EDT
[#10]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/27/2014 4:23:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm actually off that weekend
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 5:24:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm up for another GJ meet.  Would love to get down to Salida too, just a little far for a day trip from Fruitopia.

Link Posted: 3/27/2014 6:01:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm going to try to make it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 6:01:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm up for another GJ meet.  Would love to get down to Salida too, just a little far for a day trip from Fruitopia.

View Quote

Yeah that's why we are thinking of doing one in junction for now and a state one later
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 6:01:54 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote
Sucks as I am shooting a match at Colorado Rifle Club that weekend.
http://crci.org/Portals/15/Content/Files/Highpower%20Files/2014%20Armed%20Forces%20Match/2014%20RTB%20Midwestern%20Memorial%20Match%20Program%20ver%201.pdf

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 5:12:46 PM EDT
[#16]
May 3rd would be awesome. Be the first time I can take a couple rifles and break them in.
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 4:36:39 PM EDT
[#17]
May 3rd works for me. I got a new commie rifle that needs breaking in
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 11:42:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Put me down for a maybe. I have an employee that's leaving in April so I'll be short handed, hopefully not for long. If I can get somebody hired in time I'll take that weekend off, if not I'll wait for the next one and hopefully circumstances will be better.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 8:13:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Any updates on the date etc?
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 10:03:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Looks like May 3rd will work for most
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 1:19:35 PM EDT
[#21]
I dug through the collection and Ill bring three rifles with me.
The retro AR & my two AK builds. Ill try to bring as much 39 ammo as I can get my hands on but if you wanna shoot one if you can bring a box or two of 39 ammo that be great but like I said Ill grab what I can.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:12:59 AM EDT
[#22]
So where's the place to stay out West?

I have a tent and am not afraid to use it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:36:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So where's the place to stay out West?

I have a tent and am not afraid to use it.
View Quote

You can crash at my place. We have a futon and a couch
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 8:23:10 PM EDT
[#24]
So who all is officially going?
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:20:26 AM EDT
[#25]
If it's the May third trip to TheGunCollectors range, I'll be there
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 4:22:19 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

If it's the May third trip to TheGunCollectors range, I'll be there
View Quote
Ditto. Already started buying ammo

Link Posted: 4/12/2014 8:07:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Ill be there. Ill be bringing my first AR with me and I have not broke it in yet so if someone could teach me how break in an AR, it would be awesome.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 2:47:54 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Ill be there. Ill be bringing my first AR with me and I have not broke it in yet so if someone could teach me how break in an AR, it would be awesome.
View Quote
Mag dumps..............Lots and lots of mag dumps!

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 4:52:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

You just shoot it. Break ins are a myth
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 7:40:57 AM EDT
[#30]
The wife and I should be there.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 8:17:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yarp.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 12:50:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Looks like it'll be just me, the wife works that weekend.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 8:31:15 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote
You bringing the Krink?

Link Posted: 4/14/2014 9:56:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
You bringing the Krink?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You bringing the Krink?  

Of course.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:47:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Of course.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You bringing the Krink?  

Of course.

Who cares about that! I want the Skorpion!
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:53:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You bringing the Krink?  

Of course.

It makes every range trip with me now.  You will not be disappointed.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:54:59 AM EDT
[#37]
If hubby and I both come we will have our kiddos with us (ages 5 and 7). If the group prefers to not have kiddos there I can stay home with the kiddos and hubby will come. Either way I can send along baked goods which some of you can attest are pretty darn good.  And lord knows we love to cook so if we get a head count we can probably arrange some pretty good food as well. I knew that turkey fryer I bought hubby would come in handy!

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:10:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
If hubby and I both come we will have our kiddos with us (ages 5 and 7). If the group prefers to not have kiddos there I can stay home with the kiddos and hubby will come. Either way I can send along baked goods which some of you can attest are pretty darn good.  And lord knows we love to cook so if we get a head count we can probably arrange some pretty good food as well. I knew that turkey fryer I bought hubby would come in handy!

View Quote

I was going to say stay at home simply because I am starting the whole life challenge that day . BUT, if you are going to send the baked goods you may as well join us and bring the kids! I am also assuming TheGunCollector is okay with kids on his range. I imagine you two have raised them to be safe around guns so I am cool with it.

Speaking of food. Do we want to grill out again like last time? If TGC can provide his grill again, I can bring some hot dogs/chicken and some beverages in a cooler.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 9:45:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Life challenge is code for diet I take it? Believe me, I need to start one as well. But let's face it; a Saturday shoot with arfcom is not going to be low calorie!  I do understand if the group would rather not have kiddos around and I am ok with staying home if need be. While the kids have certainly been taught about guns my primary focus would be making sure they are safe. Either way, baked goods will be present.

John's grill is good. I was actually thinking that we could bring our turkey fryer to get some water boiling to reheat some pulled pork that we make on the smoker. Even reheated it is fabulous. Throw it in the freezer in some food saver bags, reheat and bam! It's like you spent all day cooking on the smoker again. But obviously we are fine with whatever the group picks.

And andrasik, you are welcome to our spare room. It's a king size pull out but  you'd have to deal with aforementioned kiddos and one old dog. There might be homebrew beer by then (I am actually not sure if hubby has any fermenting right now) but I can guarantee you good company and good food. Just let us know, we'd be happy to have you. If I am remembering people correctly, don't you have an epic beard going? I want my hubby to grow one and maybe you could inspire him while you are here!

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 9:48:16 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Life challenge is code for diet I take it? Believe me, I need to start one as well. But let's face it; a Saturday shoot with arfcom is not going to be low calorie!  I do understand if the group would rather not have kiddos around and I am ok with staying home if need be. While the kids have certainly been taught about guns my primary focus would be making sure they are safe. Either way, baked goods will be present.

John's grill is good. I was actually thinking that we could bring our turkey fryer to get some water boiling to reheat some pulled pork that we make on the smoker. Even reheated it is fabulous. Throw it in the freezer in some food saver bags, reheat and bam! It's like you spent all day cooking on the smoker again. But obviously we are fine with whatever the group picks.

And andrasik, you are welcome to our spare room. It's a king size pull out but  you'd have to deal with aforementioned kiddos and one old dog. There might be homebrew beer by then (I am actually not sure if hubby has any fermenting right now) but I can guarantee you good company and good food. Just let us know, we'd be happy to have you. If I am remembering people correctly, don't you have an epic beard going? I want my hubby to grow one and maybe you could inspire him while you are here!

View Quote

I appreciate the offer!  I will definitely let you know.

Yes, I do have a pretty swell beard going.  I haven't shaved since 01/01/2012.  Don't see that changing anytime soon either.

As for kiddos, I'm always happy to have kids at a shoot.  There's always kids at Tarryall and it's a good time.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 9:50:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

SOLD!
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 11:55:11 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
SOLD!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

SOLD!
Indeed!

I am also gonna try and bring the Vector UZI pistol to the meet up as well
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 12:27:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I was going to say stay at home simply because I am starting the whole life challenge that day . BUT, if you are going to send the baked goods you may as well join us and bring the kids! I am also assuming TheGunCollector is okay with kids on his range. I imagine you two have raised them to be safe around guns so I am cool with it.

Speaking of food. Do we want to grill out again like last time? If TGC can provide his grill again, I can bring some hot dogs/chicken and some beverages in a cooler.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can bring some meat and sides if we grill it up
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 12:29:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

SOLD!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SOLD!

Absolutely
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:47:01 PM EDT
[#45]
I can bring a side dish or 2 if wanted.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:46:48 PM EDT
[#46]
If only someone had a bad ass trailer smoker we could smoke some ribs and chicken.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:06:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Life challenge is code for diet I take it?
View Quote

Not really code. Wholelifechallenge.com
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:30:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If only someone had a bad ass trailer smoker we could smoke some ribs and chicken.
View Quote

A volunteer?    Outstanding.

All I have is my little weber bullet.....

On a serious note, it's TGC's range, so I'll defer to him if he would like to run the chow line.  But I am happy to grill or bring BBQ for the group.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:35:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

On a serious note, it's TGC's range, so I'll defer to him if he would like to run the chow line.  But I am happy to grill or bring BBQ for the group.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've got a propane grill, but arfcom has yelled at me about propane
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:31:39 AM EDT
[#50]

I know I am a little dense but where exactly is this happening? I do not know that area at all.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top