User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 1:04:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Non-committal.  Promises were made for funds and fund-raisers but, unless there were dealings of which I am unaware, neither materialized.  They have since made indirect claims of having been involved because they helped Bernie Herpin get elected.
View Quote

Good to know.  I'm all for sending money to good causes, but I want to make sure the candidate/orgs are on our side.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 3:53:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Non-committal.  Promises were made for funds and fund-raisers but, unless there were dealings of which I am unaware, neither materialized.  They have since made indirect claims of having been involved because they helped Bernie Herpin get elected.
View Quote

He is spot on. The Senate Mojority fund raised over 500k to support the recalls per their own emails. Some, read less than 30k, was given to Bernie Herpin (whatever the legal limit was). No other money was given. We were promised help and then ignored. If you like a candidate give them money. I don't begrudge Cadman sending out the email. But be honest about what you are going to do with it.

I know I just said that, honest. My bad .
Link Posted: 2/1/2014 3:52:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey, guys.  I just posted a new thread but figured I'd update this in case anyone was following here

If anyone was going to testify on Monday at the Capitol, it looks like there was a last-minute change on Friday.  According to the Senate calendar, the hearing for SB14-094 (repealing the background checks between private citizens) has been moved from the third floor to the Old Supreme Court Chamber on the 2nd.  I'll keep checking this through Monday afternoon and will update our alert and Facebook page - and this thread - if there are more shenanigans.

Maybe this is "normal" but it smacks of the same bullshit that we recalled Morse for to me.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 9:08:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Just reconfirmed with a nice lady named Cheryl. SB-94 is still on the calendar for the Old Supreme Court Chamber at 1:30pm.

FYI, the number for the "Senate Bill Info Line" is (303) 866-3055.
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 7:54:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Listening to the committee hearing on the UBC repeal. Looks like Victor showed up to testify

BTW I signed up for the update emails and I'm still not getting anything (Even in the junk folder)
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 8:13:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Listening to the committee hearing on the UBC repeal. Looks like Victor showed up to testify

BTW I signed up for the update emails and I'm still not getting anything (Even in the junk folder)
View Quote

Which update emails?  From C2AA?  I've been updating via FB and Twitter - emails get spammy and we reserve them for our monthly newsletter.  If you're not getting THAT, let me know what email your using and I'll make sure you're on the list.

Btw, had a little hissy fit a little bit ago.  I logged into our Twitter account and saw that the CO Senate Democrats are running rampant with b.s. data about how much safer background checks make us - and no one is refuting it!!  Not RMGO, not the NRA, not the Republicans.  I fired off a salvo as best I could but damn!  Much as I despise the idea, this is the source for news and opinion-shaping with the younger-than-mine generation.  This is why we're losing the "culture war" - we've developed this mental Maginot Line, patting ourselves on the back for our brilliance while the other side is dropping troops behind us.
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 9:47:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I've listened to most of the debate today and I am at a loss for words......The Anti gunners went full retard yet again.

The most common thing I have heard is these laws are what is right.

I've heard enough today that almost every single one of these jerks should be recalled. They've attacked the recalls over and over and over again today.

Senator Aguilar is really pissing me off with her bs.

Link Posted: 2/3/2014 11:04:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Good.  It shows they're afraid.  That's why I tweeted my last thoughts for the night: "Colorado's Democrat Senators again chose party doctrine over our rights, killing SB94, 3-2. They must not "recall" the 2013 backlash."

We get a chance to recall them again in a few months and we won't need SecState approval to do it.  Remember.  Act.  This is our home.

Btw, got your PM and will add you ASAP.
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 6:11:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Signed up for the newsletter and would like to help however I can. I am in GJ on the western slope. Feel free to IM me. Lets take this state back!
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 7:38:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Very much obliged and it's nice to see the Western Slope so well represented.

If you're able, please check out our Facebook page  as well as our regular website.  Anything we tweet is listed immediate on the FB page and our Alerts are posted in their own section of the site.  As I mentioned to SaigamanTX earlier, for now we're trying to avoid turning into background noise with constant emails (not to mention the fact that we have the budget for 500/mo right now) and reserve them for the monthly newsletter.  The other resources will ensure you stay up to date with us.

Welcome aboard.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 11:59:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey, BigJeschke and anyone else who signed up in the last week!  I can't say I understand why but it looks like our newsletter sign-up widget stopped working on January 30th.  The site essentially pulled an Obamacare - you think you signed up but really didn't.  PLEASE SIGN UP AGAIN if you registered from JANUARY 31st through FEBRUARY 4th!  I'll monitor our list over the next few days and make sure addresses are being logged.

Thanks, guys.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 3:38:47 PM EDT
[#12]
KeithC, thanks for the heads up. Just hit it again.
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 2:11:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Hey, BigJeschke and anyone else who signed up in the last week!  I can't say I understand why but it looks like our newsletter sign-up widget stopped working on January 30th.  The site essentially pulled an Obamacare - you think you signed up but really didn't.  PLEASE SIGN UP AGAIN if you registered from JANUARY 31st through FEBRUARY 4th!  I'll monitor our list over the next few days and make sure addresses are being logged.

Thanks, guys.
View Quote

I was wondering what happened...I will try to follow you on Twitter or FB more to stay up to date.
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 2:19:21 PM EDT
[#14]
My apologies on that.  I'd like to blame some grand conspiracy theory but we honestly don't know why it failed.  No errors logged, nothing was changed on the site.  We've stopped using that widget and I'm trying to audit the list for any activity.  If you ever fail to get a mailing on the 1st (Letter from the Board) or 15th (newsletter) of each month, ping me!
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 2:46:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My apologies on that.  I'd like to blame some grand conspiracy theory but we honestly don't know why it failed.  No errors logged, nothing was changed on the site.  We've stopped using that widget and I'm trying to audit the list for any activity.  If you ever fail to get a mailing on the 1st (Letter from the Board) or 15th (newsletter) of each month, ping me!
View Quote

Slight correction: Only the newsletter is emailed. Letter from the Board is posted to the website

Regardless, if you don't get the newsletter this weekend and you did sign up for it, let KeithC or I know and we'll get you squared away. Sorry for the inconvenience
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 4:32:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Slight correction: Only the newsletter is emailed. Letter from the Board is posted to the website

Regardless, if you don't get the newsletter this weekend and you did sign up for it, let KeithC or I know and we'll get you squared away. Sorry for the inconvenience
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit - this is why I shouldn't be allowed to multitask .  Thanks, man.
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 4:55:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Why have I not read this thread until now?
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 5:01:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Why have I not read this thread until now?
View Quote

I don't know, but I'm glad you finally did
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 10:10:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Is your website down?
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 10:23:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Is your website down?
View Quote

No, it's up

http://www.colorado2a.org
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 8:26:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

No, it's up

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is your website down?

No, it's up

Weird last night Chrome wouldn't let me on.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 4:57:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is your website down?

No, it's up

Yeah, website is definitely having problems.  I'm assuming it's the host.  Super slow to load and most pages outright fail to load -- period.  Not good.  Also, when searching C2AA I get tons of junk and www.colorado2a.org is nowhere to be found.  Need to work on SEO and get that URL to first page results and eventually closer to the top of the first page of results.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 5:34:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Yeah, website is definitely having problems.  I'm assuming it's the host.  Super slow to load and most pages outright fail to load -- period.  Not good.  Also, when searching C2AA I get tons of junk and www.colorado2a.org is nowhere to be found.  Need to work on SEO and get that URL to first page results and eventually closer to the top of the first page of results.
View Quote

No argument that website isn't perfect. Our virtual server is running at the bare minimum due to cost. I'd love to bump up the performance, but that equates to spending money we don't have.

I've done what I can to optimize the site cache as much as I can. I've also pulled plenty of hair out fighting with it. As of right now, it's coming up fairly quick. I did manage to crash it earlier making changes, so perhaps it was just bad timing when the site wouldn't load for you.

As to the search results, searching "colorado second amendment association" gives you the first six links about us. "c2aa" does bring up junk, but I'm not sure what can be done about that.

What would you suggest as fixes?
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 6:02:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

No argument that website isn't perfect. Our virtual server is running at the bare minimum due to cost. I'd love to bump up the performance, but that equates to spending money we don't have.

I've done what I can to optimize the site cache as much as I can. I've also pulled plenty of hair out fighting with it. As of right now, it's coming up fairly quick. I did manage to crash it earlier making changes, so perhaps it was just bad timing when the site wouldn't load for you.

As to the search results, searching "colorado second amendment association" gives you the first six links about us. "c2aa" does bring up junk, but I'm not sure what can be done about that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I may have been hitting it while you were making changes.  No biggie.  Regarding SEO, not sure what I would suggest as I'm not really a SEO guru.  I may spend some time looking into it, though.  What's the backend for the site?  Is it a PHP-based Wordpress site?
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 6:26:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yeah, I may have been hitting it while you were making changes.  No biggie.  Regarding SEO, not sure what I would suggest as I'm not really a SEO guru.  I may spend some time looking into it, though.  What's the backend for the site?  Is it a PHP-based Wordpress site?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep WordPress. I have a seo plug-in running which helped a lot. I'm thinking "c2aa" just isn't posted enough on the site to get real returns.

I may put more instances of that phrase in the site and see if it helps trump the junk results.

If you find anything notable, shoot me an IM so we don't derail the thread. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 4:51:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Well, here's something "non-junk" that turned up in a search for C2AA: Breitbart.com
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 1:06:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Well, here's something "non-junk" that turned up in a search for C2AA: Breitbart.com
View Quote

nice read.

And a bump .......
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 3:17:09 PM EDT
[#28]

Did anyone watch the Senate candidate debate last night?  Supposedly the Denver Post had Mark Aspiri, Ken Buck, Owen Hill, Tom Janich, Amy Stephens and Floyd Trujillo together for a debate and I'm curious about the outcome.  I'd really like to see Udall sitting out next session.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 8:09:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Did anyone watch the Senate candidate debate last night?  Supposedly the Denver Post had Mark Aspiri, Ken Buck, Owen Hill, Tom Janich, Amy Stephens and Floyd Trujillo together for a debate and I'm curious about the outcome.  I'd really like to see Udall sitting out next session.
View Quote

I don't want to sound negative, but this race and the gubernatorial race are clown shows.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_25228469/republicans-vying-senate-spare-each-other-hammer-udall

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_25233265/u-s-rep-cory-gardner-enter-u-s

The recipe for victory is easier than making dry toast, but somehow, these people can't get it right.  I won't repeat myself, but it starts with promoting individual rights.  It would help if they knew the moral and rational basis for rights.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 12:11:55 AM EDT
[#30]

Well, this is an interesting twist.

Denver Post: Republican Congressman Cory Gardner is dropping his re-election bid and run for the U.S. Senate seat held by Democrat Mark Udall, a political bombshell that already is altering Colorado's political landscape.

Shortly after The Denver Post first reported Gardner's plans, the GOP front-runner in the Senate race, Weld County District Attorney Ken Buck, revealed he was going to run for Gardner's seat in the 4th Congressional District.

Link Posted: 3/1/2014 2:01:30 PM EDT
[#31]
As promised, we are now offering paid memberships in C2AA. Since we know that this truly is an experiment in citizen engagement, we are making them annual-only and pro-rated for this first year.

However, if you believe as strongly as we do in our mission, we are also offering the option to become a Founding Member. This offer will run through the month of March and will not be extended again.

See www.colorado2a.org and click on "Join C2AA" for details.

As written by Keith_C

“Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you. ”
- Pericles
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 2:31:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Joined up.  Because I enjoyed the heck out of living in Colorado, and want it to be better when I get around to moving back.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 2:56:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Good March newsletter.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 3:59:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Joined up.  Because I enjoyed the heck out of living in Colorado, and want it to be better when I get around to moving back.
View Quote

And we look forward to having you back. I enjoyed meeting you last year in Ouray.

Thanks for standing with us!
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 5:27:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Joined up.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 12:55:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Thank you, all, for your continued support. You never cease to amaze (sometimes amuse ) and humble me.  

Recently, I've been hearing rumor that we apparently mis-remembered all of 2013 and really aren't the founders of the recall movement.  Now that we've put our history and timeline out there, some folks who have been using the recall angle as their claim to fame see it as a threat to their paycheck and are freaking (moral: don't pad your resume and you won't have to worry about things like that).  Just more petty, stupid greed, brought to you by human nature and politics.  So it's good to know that you guys are out there, countering that crap by just being honest, standing up for what's right and putting your money where you mouth is without looking for some payout for it.  

Behold ARFCOM: Bastion of integrity! Cats marrying dogs should be occurring any minute now.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 10:54:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Bump
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 3:56:58 PM EDT
[#38]
So today we closed the Founding Membership level, never to return.

But we still want and need help. So join

If we are able to be keep this going we will have annual memberships of course, but we would like to have life members as well.

So founders will always keep that title as long as they remain paying annual members. But being a Founding Life Member has a nice ring to it.

Anyways, thank you all for your trust and we are going to put another dent in Colorado in favor of liberty.

C2AA Founding Member #1

Link Posted: 4/1/2014 9:31:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Awesome! I'd love to be a life member
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:41:21 AM EDT
[#40]
FacetFace and I will be on Cam and Company/ NRA news tomorrow at 3pm eastern. Might be different on your playback or Sportsman Channel.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 5:19:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Will it become NRA affiliated for purposes of CMP purchases?
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 6:08:31 PM EDT
[#42]
No, sir.  We are happy to be allies and partners with the NRA but we are our own entity, not an affiliate.  Much like during the recalls themselves.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 1:12:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Just joined up! Where can I buy one of the Free Colorado flags?
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 1:17:37 PM EDT
[#44]
We've got a dwindling supply but there are still about half a dozen left.  Flags are a thank-you gift for donations of $50 or more, plus shipping (which works out to $6 if it's only one flag - I'll get an actual estimate from USPS if you want more than that).  Email me at [email protected] to let me know that payment is en route and then send a check or money order to:

C2AA
PO Box 927
Niwot, CO  80544

As soon as I get your payment, I'll drop the flag in the mail the same day and reply with a USPS tracking number.  And some form of effusive thank you email because I actually do give a shit and appreciate the support.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 1:24:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks for joining.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:23:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Thanks for joining.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for joining.

Glad to help!
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 6:53:50 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm gonna hold of on mounting it since I'm moving to a new apartment next month. She looks good!

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:05:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'm gonna hold of on mounting it since I'm moving to a new apartment next month. She looks good!

http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o612/hauslp/Mobile%20Uploads/F1665930-DBB6-4579-A921-7B03498E8E80_zpsht9ujgfy.jpg
View Quote

Awesome
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top