Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2014 3:56:48 PM EDT
I'm not telling you all anything you don't know, but Hick has got to go.  You've heard me say this before, but IMHO (sorry, I'm usually right, too), the R candidate has to be pro-liberty (as in say "I'm pro-liberty/freedom" and not "I'm a conservative" or "I'm a republican.").  We need to get ahead of this.  Edit: Right now, I'm not favoring anyone.  I will still leave the following in this post. Suck it Call.  You're pro-party and not pro-liberty.

This thread should include info about the candidates.  My next post is going to include meeting minutes from the Recall Hudak Tacredo Q&A session from last night.
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 4:06:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's the meeting minutes from Tancredo's aforementioned Q&A.  It included commentary from Recall Hudak. Mods, if there's a better way to do this, then let me know.  It's a long copy and paste.  Sorry for the sucky formatting.  I may come back here and clean it up, but I have to other stuff to do right now. Thanks.

1-4-14 Tom Tancredo meeting – Summary

Tom is petitioning onto the primary ballot for the Republican nomination. This means he needs
7500 verified, confirmed signatures from the congressional districts in Colorado. He reached out
to Mike McAlpine for help, and Mike invited him to come and speak to the volunteers of the
recall (and other interested parties) so we could get to know him better.

Below is a summary of the questions/answers, with some quotes because we did record the
meeting.

Not all of the speakers were audible, however. And many others were taking notes. If you feel
something of substance has been left out, please send it to Laura, and she’ll forward it on.
Following the Q&A session, there will be a summary of Joe Neville’s comments and Laura’s
comments.

Q Why resort to the petition method, as opposed to the caucus method?
A “I and the Republican party have not had a great relationship for a long time. Party
leaders now (Ryan Call) have made it clear I’m not their candidate. As a result, I don’t
want to trust the process that they control.” He’d need 30% of the votes at the state
convention to get on the ballot.

Mike Kopp will be the Republican Party’s guy. Ryan Call is introducing him around.
Internal campaign polls show Tom has about 40% of republican votes.
Suspects Gessler and Kopp will succeed at convention in getting on ballot.
Believes House (Adams County Chair) will petition on, too.

Tom will hire Kennedy and Assoc. to help with signature gathering in the outlying
districts. Can’t afford to hire them for all of the signatures. He needs 1500 signatures per
congressional district. Seeking our help with the metro area congressional district(s).

Q So you’re not participating in assembly process at all? Technically you could, and if you
end up with something less than 30%, you turn in your petitions, but have you discussed
going both ways? Tancredo, Brophy and Kopp seem to have similar philosophies on lots
of issues
A Tom agrees he has similar values to two others. Tom doesn’t believe Brophy has $ to
petition on, has to use caucus. Will therefore work hard on that process. Strong
campaigner.

Q At my precinct caucus, when I’m instructing delegates, should I still include you? Should
I treat you just the same as any other candidate?
A Yeah, just the same as any other candidate.

Q You don’t have to declare that you’re going to be petitioning on?
A Petition process starts Feb 2, must be completed in 60 days. State party will know as
soon as we start this, or by announcing it tonight, that we’re petitioning on.
This will be a tough road. Polling of voters shows about even on those who would prefer
the caucus method and those who think he should petition on.

Q Has Sarah Palin endorsed you yet? And will she be active in your campaign?
A She did before. Haven’t contacted her yet. Have to win the primary first. Then I will ask
her. Supported me as Constitution Party candidate last time.

Q This is bigger than winning the primary - it’s about beating Hickenlooper.
A That’s right.

Q You’ve got lots of baggage. You’re perceived as single-issue candidate. Might as well
kiss the Hispanic vote goodbye. What’s your path to win if you do get the nomination?
A good portion of Republican Party may not vote for you. We need candidate who has
best shot at winning against Hickenlooper.
A Understand exactly what you’re saying. We’ve thought about this. Decided long ago that
it’s not good to win the primary by beating someone who could win the general election
easier than you could. Tom’s agenda/purpose is to get rid of Hickenlooper. Every voter’s
duty is to identify and vote for the candidate who can beat Hickenlooper. Don’t vote for
me in the primary just because you like me. If I didn’t think I could win, I wouldn’t be
doing this.

My opponents will have plenty of problems too. CODA (group founded by Jared Polis,
Pat Striker and Tim Gill) put $500K into primary last time attacking McGinnis. They
will be involved in this. Every candidate will have their background tossed, and every
possible problem in their past will be brought up in the most negative way.
I have baggage, but feel it helps me in some way. People know me. Anything else that
could be said about me? Liberal polling group, PPP, showed Angela Giron would lose in
Pueblo by the margin she actually lost by. Only poll showing she’d lose. They normally
poll in favor of liberals. Their poll shows me tied with Hickenlooper in Pueblo a month
ago. That’s like being tied with Obama in Chicago. There is a strong Hispanic,
democratic stronghold in Pueblo. Banking on the fact that the number of republicans mad
at me is smaller than the number of republicans who’d actually vote for Hickenlooper.
Big part of campaign will be focused on Hispanic vote. VivaTancredo.com. Page
devoted to this issue. Have a story to tell about my relationship with Hispanic
community. I was good friends with Paul Sandoval. He was Denver political icon.
Argued about issues and policies with him, but always respected each other. Paul said,
“There isn’t a racist bone in Tom’s body.” A legal immigrant told the Denver Post that
“legal immigrants love Tom.”

Q How would you campaign in regard to Obamacare?
A There are relatively few things states can do. One is we could join a lawsuit that’s been
filed by Oklahoma, and I would tell our Attorney General to join it. It’s a lawsuit
challenging the constitutionality of Obamacare. Not many other things to do other than to
make it more difficult for them through appointments and such.

Q Governor of South Carolina has passed law saying if you like your healthcare, you don’t
have to participate in Obamacare.
A If you give me a legislature that would approve that, we’d do it. That’d be a huge
challenge.

As governor, Tom plans to form 10th Amendment Governor’s caucus. Will find likeminded
governors who will confront the Federal Govt at every point they can on the basis
of state sovereignty given to us by the Constitution. But can’t do it alone. To accomplish
something significant, we’ll need other governors to help.

Everyone should become aware of and support a legislator from Utah’s organization
called American Lands Council. It’s growing. Would be similar to governor’s caucus.
Purpose is to wrest control of lands away from federal government, bring it back to states.
These guys are very good at what they’re doing. Most lands in federal control is west of
the Rockies. Great argument that lands should be in states’ control. Some BLM land, but
anything federally owned.

Should be managed by states. “Managed” means perhaps fracking, but using the
resources that are there that are being mismanaged at this time. Look up Federal Lands
Council and know that’s going to be a focus for us as soon as we take control of this
administration.

Q Strategy on winning elections can’t be the same strategy used in the past. Democrats are
handing us a lot of issues on a silver platter. We should focus on those issues, instead of
staying away from traditional social issues that allow them to define us in a negative way.
Republicans aren’t seeming to figure that out.
A Debate has gone on a long time over social issues. Part of my strategy is what I call
“freedom to live your own life.” Many here may not agree with this, but it’s who I am.
That’s our big push. I’m more Libertarian than Republican. I supported Amendment 64.
I believe if you want to run a traditional campaign with a traditional candidate, you’re
going to get a traditional outcome. That tradition is we lose.
We need a different kind of campaign and a different kind of candidate. I supported 64.
Huge issue with a lot of people. I was the only republican to support 64. I’ve never
smoked marijuana ever. If you do, I couldn’t care less. Not my business. At 21 years
old, you make decisions to smoke, drink. I don’t believe marijuana is a benign product.
Don’t want my kids/grandkids to take it. But I’ve spent a lot of time on the southern
border. I’ve seen devastation this war on drugs has caused.

War on drugs has created the richest group of criminals ever - the Mexican drug cartels.
Tom told the Mexican president, Fox, that corruption is, as everyone knows, plentiful in
Mexican govt.

I bring something to the party that’s different than traditional candidates. It will bring
people to the voting booth that haven’t been there before for republicans.

Q Constitution is the main thing. What are you going to be able to do and what are you
willing to do to preserve it?
A One of my biggest goals is the 10th Amendment Caucus, which is based on the idea that
the 10th Amendment doesn’t give the federal government power over states. If we had
another government shutdown and I was governor, and they tried to shut the National
Parks in Colorado, we’d have a confrontation. That’s not theirs. They took the water
spigots off the water faucets in the National Parks during the government shutdown.
How’d they pay for that? But the gall! They think they’re letting you into THEIR parks.
Nowhere does the U.S. Constitution give the federal government a right to tell Colorado
what it must do in regard to drugs.

Q Do you like the Constitution exactly like it is? There’s a rumor going around that you
might be supporting a Constitutional Convention.
A You’re talking about Article 5?

Q Yeah.
A It’s part of the Constitution. And it’s scary, but we’re in scary times. Lots of people in
our country are takers, not contributors. We’re at the tipping point of destroying the
Constitution, ignoring it. I won’t support just any Article 5 Convention, but the concept
is okay. There are dangers with this. Must be weighed carefully.

Q I’d like to ask six questions in rapid fire with a one or two-word answer. Nathan
Dunlap?
A “Zap.”

Q Have you read “The Creature From Jekyll Island”?
A No.
Many: “You need to read that.”

Q Do you believe in auditing the fed?
A Absolutely. But remember, I’m running for governor, not congress

Q Do you support repeal of the gun control laws?
A Yes.

Q Will you push for impeachment of Obama?
A Yes. I’ve written how many articles on this? I’d bring a bill of impeachment.

Q Who do you like to replace Senator Udall?
A Anybody.

Q Do you see progressives in both parties as the threat?
A Absolutely.

Q What’s your opinion of the liberty amendments?
A I support the idea. Haven’t read the book the idea of the Article 5 Convention comes
from.

Q Colorado is now the focus of national politicians, especially left-wing dems. They’ll
throw money at this governor’s race like crazy. Have you thought about how to combat
that?
A Yeah. This is important. CODA (Colorado Democracy Alliance) are the spawn of the
devil. They’re filthy rich. And they are the prime movers in this. Polis and Gill are gay,
Pat Striker’s brother is gay. Initially came together over marriage amendment.
CODA is a brilliant scheme. Read “The Blueprint.” They were so successful, they’ve
branched out. Texas is their focus now. Process of creating 527s, 501(c)(3)s, PACs, and
then funding them lavishly. Spent millions in state legislative races. They’re not going
away.

Colorado is a focal point. That’s why Bloomberg put his money into Colorado recalls
and board of education races as well as Amendment 66. Because Colorado is ground
zero in a major battle for America. Obama’s agenda, don’t forget, was to “thoroughly
fundamentally transform America.” We recognize it.

The only way to deal with this is we have to use their own power against them. We have
to jujitsu them. We can’t match them dollar for dollar. But Pueblo’s recall taught us a
lot. The more money they spent on that recall, the more Giron’s numbers dropped.
That’s my task in my campaign. We know it. Need people who can help us jujitsu.
Have to use their power against them. It’s the only way to win a race in this state.
If I thought someone else could win this race easier than me, I’d give them the baton. I
thought Sheriff of El Paso County, Maketa, might be that guy, but he’s got some other
problems. If you’ve got other ideas, better ideas, tell me.

Q What are your views on PERA issues right now?
A PERA is essentially bankrupt, and will bankrupt the state. Walker Stapleton has good
analysis of PERA. Problem is not unlike Medicare and Social Security. Promises made
far outstripped the resources available to deliver. PERA will play out. It will have to
change with either a much higher contribution rate from the participants and/or a different
arrangement in what is referred to as a defined benefit as opposed to a defined
contribution. Has to have a defined contribution part. Won’t happen overnight, and
legislature will have to shift pretty dramatically to help us get that done. If you want to
save PERA, we’re going to have to take some action that especially newer people coming
in won’t like, but reality is reality.

This puts me up against the teachers, I know, but I support vouchers, so I’m already up
against the teachers.

Q One of the first things you said is your goal is to beat Hickenlooper. If you don’t get the
nomination, are you willing to step aside and support who does, or are you going to run as
a third-party candidate?
A No, I’m not going to run as a third party. All that I’m running against today are honorable
people. I have no problem supporting honorable people. I’ve told them all this. I won’t
debate them because debates turn into ugly affairs. The only people who care about
debates are those people who are looking for stuff to use against you later. I won’t get in
forums. I am leading everybody else in the race at this time by double digits. That puts
the target on me.

I asked them all to sign a civility pledge. Nobody has, but the pressure has to come from
the republican constituents. Make them show you their plan, answer your questions. As
to saying other candidates are dirty scoundrels, let’s leave that for the progressives.
I would support with a happy heart whoever wins the primary.

Q In light of recent revelations, would you still support the Patriot Act?
A No, probably not. I wouldn’t support the Patriot Act as it was developed when I did
support it. Plenty of things I think the federal government can’t do and some things I
think it has a responsibility to do. Responsibility of the federal government is to provide
for the defense of our nation. Nobody anticipated some of the things that have developed,
especially with the NSA. No, big mistake.

Q Give us your thoughts on aligning more with the Libertarian Party so they don’t siphon
off votes.
A If you can find a republican candidate for governor who is closer to the libertarians on all
these issues, vote for him. When we talk about a different kind of candidate, that’s what
I’m talking about. All I can do is go to libertarians and say, Here’s what I believe. This
is how I’ve voted. On these issues, I’m with you. On some things, we don’t agree, I
know. We’ll get into immigration, and life issues - I happen to be pro life.
People say, “You keep saying ‘free to live your own life, but you’re pro life.” I am
because I’m dedicated to the idea that you should be able to do what you want to your
body. You, not the government. But at some point - and you can debate this forever - it’s
not just your body if you’re pregnant. There’s another body there too. It’s a person with
rights. You can argue all you want about when life starts, but I can’t believe that my
position, up against Hickenlooper who says, At any point, if it’s dropping out of the
womb, you can still crush the head and call it an abortion. And you call me extreme
because I’d like to see some restrictions on it? Who’s the extremist? I would think it’s
somebody who says abortion is okay at any point of the pregnancy. That’s the extremist.
(We ran out of time here and Tom left. After Tom left the room, Barb Neville did ask
him about Common Core and In Bloom. He expressed to her that he is against both of
those programs.)
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 6:31:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I hope we can kick the looper out, and all the rest of the democrats also.
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 12:01:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Of the names thrown around so far, I would love to see Brophy get the nod.  He's been solidly pro 2A from day 1, comes from the east part of the state (I personally am SICK of Denver area vote buyers), works a real job (he's not a full time lobbyist / lawyer /general political ass kisser), and hasn't spent years on DC becoming corrupt.

I'd vote for Tancredo too, but I fear his political history and rhetoric would put off moderate voters (keep in mind folks we need someone who can grab a big % of the purple middle).

Link Posted: 1/6/2014 3:53:17 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Of the names thrown around so far, I would love to see Brophy get the nod.  He's been solidly pro 2A from day 1, comes from the east part of the state (I personally am SICK of Denver area vote buyers), works a real job (he's not a full time lobbyist / lawyer /general political ass kisser), and hasn't spent years on DC becoming corrupt.

I'd vote for Tancredo too, but I fear his political history and rhetoric would put off moderate voters (keep in mind folks we need someone who can grab a big % of the purple middle).

View Quote

I like Brophy too.  We need to make sure that in the end, there is only one D and one R on the ballot.  That will give us our best chances of taking this Governors seat back.

I think Walker Stapleton has hinted at running too.  I know him personally, and he is a smart guy and I think would make a fine Governor.

Link Posted: 1/6/2014 7:39:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 8:03:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Tag.
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 8:13:49 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm going to keep visiting this thread....
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 8:33:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm going to keep visiting this thread....
View Quote

Cool.  If you or anyone else has some insight on any of these guys or other info, then please share.  That's one of the purposes of this thread.  With any of these guys, it's unlikely, but we don't want another Dan debacle on our hands at election time.

ETA: I'd rather see ARFcom and like-minded people be influential in choosing the candidate instead of the establishment.  You guys probably gathered that from reading the OP.
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 8:42:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm there with you.  I need to learn a little more about Brophy, but know he's pro-2A.  Since Brophy is a big cyclist, I suspect that will have an appeal to the non-gun nuts (I'm big on exercise and outdoor activities, too).  That should help with the "purple middle."
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 9:02:10 AM EDT
[#10]
This is interesting on so many levels.

Firstly, "uncle_big_green" thank you for the report on the meeting.
We need a new governor, we all agree.

The Hudak Too group is still meeting? As a forum for helping out a pro 2A candidate I kind of get it.

I guess the leadership there is not done, it will be interesting to see where they go.
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 5:44:47 PM EDT
[#11]
From some emails I received.

Here's one:

There is a Governor candidate meet and greet this Saturday sponsored by a
few different Republican organizations. It begins at 9:00 at D.L Parsons
Theater, 11801 Community Center Dr, Northglenn, CO 80233.

Brophy, Kopp and House are scheduled to be there.

Here's another:

Randy Baumgartner is scheduled to meet with the recall volunteers (and
others interested in hearing from him) this Friday, tomorrrow, Jan. 10.
6:00 p.m., MedVed Autoplex, I-70 north frontage road between Kipling and
Ward, Wheat Ridge, CO

He is running for the U.S. Senate and is willing to answer our questions
about why he's the best candidate.

Greg Brophy is scheduled to meet with the recall volunteers (and others
interested in hearing from him) this Saturday, Jan. 11.
6:00 p.m., MedVed Autoplex, I-70 north frontage road between Kipling and
Ward, Wheat Ridge, CO

He is running for Governor and is willing to answer our questions about
why he's the best candidate.

These meetings are not opportunities for us to get on our soap boxes or
lecture the candidates about our views, nor will anyone be allowed to be
rude to them. UBG comment - I read this as they don't want us to hold feet to the fire and espouse liberty - again, my 2 cents.

We need to find out where they stand on the issues important to us, and
you can ask your hard questions of each about any issue.
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 5:58:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This is interesting on so many levels.

Firstly, "uncle_big_green" thank you for the report on the meeting.
We need a new governor, we all agree.

You're welcome and I can't thank you enough for what you did.  As you know, the times for just kicking-back and leaving it to the Rs... and even participating in a caucus are over.  We have to do more... and again FU, Call (http://coloradopeakpolitics.com/2014/01/08/five-questions-state-republican-chairman-explains-the-independent-expenditure-committee/ - to be clear, I'm against any limits on free speech, but he's still exposed himself here again.).

The Hudak Too group is still meeting? As a forum for helping out a pro 2A candidate I kind of get it.

I suppose so.  I'm on their email list. It seems that candidates are interested in the volunteers (me) and members.

I guess the leadership there is not done, it will be interesting to see where they go.

Definitely not.  Laura Woods was a key player and is running for state SD 19.  I know her and know that she's pro-2A.  In all honesty, I have to learn where she stands on everything else.  She'll be better than a D, but I still need to talk to her about the big picture.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/10/2014 7:13:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

There is a Governor candidate meet and greet this Saturday sponsored by a
few different Republican organizations. It begins at 9:00 at D.L Parsons
Theater, 11801 Community Center Dr, Northglenn, CO 80233.

Brophy, Kopp and House are scheduled to be there.

View Quote

Hmmmm. I may try to attend that tomorrow. I assume it's open to the public, yes?
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 7:40:15 AM EDT
[#14]
I believe so.  It was sent to me by a friend, so I assume we're welcome.  Also, it's in the AM as I saw that wasn't included.  I'll email my friend to see if there's anything special involved in getting in there.

Thanks for tacking this, Mods.
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 7:50:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Not a big deal this early, but we need to avoid this kind of stuff if possible.  ETA: of course, consider the source.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_24874092/colorado-governors-race-greg-brophy-ripstom-tancredo-again
Link Posted: 1/11/2014 11:15:05 AM EDT
[#16]
I attended the North Suburban Republican Forum in Northglenn this morning.  In attendence to answer questions were Brophy, House and Kopp.  Gessler's wife just had a baby, so he wasn't there.  No, they didn't ask my question (big surprise), but I'm sure it raised some eyebrows.  If you're bored, here's the video.  It's over 1.5 hrs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=knWRuQ-xtFk

I'm not running a purity test, but all of these guys need a little polishing.  By that, I mean that they need to attend a private meeting/come to Jesus talk with some of us.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 12:47:27 PM EDT
[#17]
No new news.  I encourage everyone to caucus or somehow get involved in this.  Most of the candidates have been making the rounds on the talk radio stations (560, 710, 630 etc. in the Denver area).  Also, if you're in the Denver area, I encourage you to listen to Grassroots Radio from 5-7 PM on 560 AM.  The guys and gals there usually have someone down at the Capitol everyday and they give updates about the happenings there.  It's also usually a pretty good show (they tend to be conservatarian).

ETA: you can also pull-up podcasts for these stations.
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 10:44:34 AM EDT
[#18]
To be fair, I had to include this tidbit.  Maybe not a good idea, but maybe it is...  I'm just the messenger and will say that he's no less qualified than the rest.  He'll be running as an independent if he does.  He'll also be speaking at Liberty on the Rocks, Flatirons next Monday, 6 PM at Miller's in Lafayette.

http://kdvr.com/2014/02/04/libertarian-shotgun-willies-boss-considering-gubernatorial-bid/
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 10:48:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
To be fair, I had to include this tidbit.  Maybe not a good idea, but maybe it is...  I'm just the messenger and will say that he's no less qualified than the rest.  He'll be running as an independent if he does.  He'll also be speaking at Liberty on the Rocks, Flatirons next Monday, 6 PM at Miller's in Lafayette.

http://kdvr.com/2014/02/04/libertarian-shotgun-willies-boss-considering-gubernatorial-bid/
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Dunafon has met with Colorado GOP Chairman Ryan Call about a possible independent campaign for governor and, should he run, the likelihood of Call being forced to attack him.

“You’ve got this circular firing squad going on within the party and he sees it and knows it’s killing the party, but come election time, he’ll have to defend the party’s flawed nominee and come after me, someone he probably agrees with more,” Dunafon said. “Because that’s his job. And it’s sad. It’s what’s wrong with Republican politics and party politics in general.”

Ryan Call doesn't see that as a problem.  Ryan Call is that problem.
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 12:30:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Per the Dunafon article, to be fair to the R candidates, I don't think any of them are as bad as Maes.  I would also add that Dunafon is probably more representative of the still strong (but not as strong as it should be) "live and let live" attitude in Colorado than some of the other candidates.  That's just my 2 cents as I'm trying to be a little neutral here and still haven't decided who amongst the Rs I'm supporting.  You all know my thoughts on Call.

I've talked to one of the R candidates and he said that he's not going to focus on social issues.  I'm going to have to pin him down more on that and get some specifics.  I'm going to also try to do the same with the rest at some point if they'll talk to me.  If that happens, then you know my interviews will be better than the one last Sunday with BO and BO.  I'll also bug you guys for questions you'd like answered.
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 4:40:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 8:29:33 AM EDT
[#22]
This is disheartening.  Of course, it's early, polls aren't totally accurate, Denver Post article, etc.  Also, look at the pie charts in the video.

http://www.denverpost.com/politics/ci_25067982/poll-hickenlooper-holds-comfortable-lead-over-gop-challengers

ETA: added Jason Clark link in post towards the top with candidates' links.

ETA2:  Here's another interesting related article.
http://coloradopeakpolitics.com/2014/02/05/hickenlooper-loses-independents-republican-trumps-hick-in-head-to-head-matchup/

Also, in the first article, not even 2000 people were polled.  They were registered voters; not likely voters.  I'm trying to be optimistic.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 6:10:41 AM EDT
[#23]
I didn't watch last night, but here's a summary with a video.  I'll keep my comments to myself for now... Geeze.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_25175370/republicans-debate-guns-toll-roads-pot-colorado-governors
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 7:27:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 5:30:45 AM EDT
[#25]
I give up.

http://kdvr.com/2014/02/28/beauprez-will-run-for-colorado-governor/

There was someone else I think I forgot.  I'm losing track.  I'm all for competition, but this is getting out of hand.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 9:16:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Also, caucuses are next Tuesday.  Go to yours and try to be a delegate.  Don't get on a soap box (note to self), just stick with something like "I'm here to restore and expand liberty in this state."
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 11:34:21 AM EDT
[#30]
I just sent my questionnaire to all but 3 (if they're all still in it?) candidates (I also sent them to candidates in other races).  BB's website has no contact link.  Neither does Clark's (if he's still in it?).  I'll find Ronnie's (sp?) on my next break.  Lunch break is over.

This was not a 2nd-specific questionnaire, but still focused on individual rights and the proper role of govt. It only had 4 questions.

PM me with your email if you're interested in any responses I may receive.  I'm a delegate, so I may actually get some responses.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 4:01:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 9:46:39 AM EDT
[#32]
I may do that, Dave.  I definitely have the proof as I saved the sent, candidate reply and my final reply emails.  The formatting is messy, but I could clean it up.  So far, I've got Brophy's, House's and Gessler's.  I will send Roni her questionnaire in a minute (my fault for not getting it to her yet).  I haven't heard from Tancredo yet.  Also, I was told that Clark is out and is supporting Beauprez (can anyone confirm?).

Most of their answers were pretty good.  One (editorial) comment is that Gessler's responses were more from a legal approach than the "right and wrong" approach around which I designed my questions and was expecting. He's an attorney, so I guess I'm not too surprised.  Also, I think one of his staff actually answered as of the responses had " ... Secretary Gessler..." in it.

PM me with your email and I'll forward anything and/or everything.  Then you can decide if you want them posted here.  Like I said, the formatting of it all is messy since responses are inserted into the original email.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top