Courses Offered:

2 day tactical pistol 250.00
2 day tactical rifle 250.00
Applied CQB Concepts (3 day) $375.00

Course Dates:
SSV Group Tactical Pistol - 2 Day - $250.00 - March 15/16, 2014
SSV Group Tactical Rifle - 2 Day - $250.00 - April 5/6, 2014
SSV Group - Applied CQB Concepts - 3 Day - $375.00 - May 23, 24 and 25, 2014

All of these courses are at our Brighton, CO location!

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK!

Tactical Pistol

The "Tactical Pistol" class is designed to introduce shooters to a set of 10 tactical shooting standards based on materials from MSG Paul Howe (RET), the owner of Combat Shooting and Tactics. Using a set of diagnostic drills, shooting standards and tactical application modules, you'll leave the course with a set of quantifiable, qualitative skills to provide you with a baseline of performance to improve your shooting and also diagnose accuracy and speed issues. Some of the standards and modules will help you learn skills such as proper recoil management, multiple target engagement, precision shooting, use of cover and other items.

Prerequisites: This class is best attended by shooters who already have attained a basic skill set with their pistol and are ready to move to the next level. Both beginning and advanced students will find materials to improve the abilities and to help diagnose shooting issues.

Tactical Rifle

The "Tactical Rifle" class is designed to introduce shooters to a set of 10 tactical shooting standards based on materials from MSG Paul Howe (RET), the owner of Combat Shooting and Tactics. Using a set of diagnostic drills, shooting standards and tactical application modules, you'll leave the course with a set of quantifiable, qualitative skills to provide you with a baseline of performance to improve your shooting and diagnose accuracy and speed issues. Some of the standards and modules will help you learn skills such as proper rifle employment, transitions, recoil management, multiple target engagement, precision shooting, shooting on the move, and other items.

Prerequisites: This class is best attended by shooters who already have attained a basic skill set with their rifle and are ready to move to the next level. Both beginning and advanced students will find materials to improve the abilities and to help diagnose shooting issues.

Applied CQB Concepts Description:

The Applied CQB Concepts (ACC) course is designed to introduce capable shooters to beginner, intermediate and advanced CQB concepts using a proven crawl, walk run methodology based on materials from MSG Paul Howe (RET), the owner of Combat Shooting and Tactics. Using this system the student will progress from flat range diagnostics, to modules such as shooting standards, shooting on the move, discrimination, precision shot placement, multiple target engagements,and ammo/cover/movement management. The ultimate goal of the ACC course is to bring the student to a level where by the second day, they understand the concepts and associated dangers/limitations of weapons usage in a CQB environment both alone and in team roles.

Prerequisites: This class is best attended by shooters who already have attained at an intermediate to advanced skill level with their pistol and rifle and are ready to move to the next level. The 2nd day of this class will utilize the shoothouse located at the range.

If you have questions email me at [email protected] or call/text me at 720-219-9039

Thanks for looking and Happy New Year!
Link Posted: 1/12/2014 1:18:38 PM EDT
[#1]
What's the round count for the courses?
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 3:25:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Tactical Pistol:
- 550rds of pistol ammo (more recommended if you can get it)

Tactical Rifle:
- 750rds of rifle ammo
- 150rds of pistol ammo

Applied CQB Concepts:
- 400rds of rifle ammo
- 250rds of pistol ammo

Please let me know if there is anything else I can answer.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:23:02 AM EDT
[#3]
On the topic of ammo: Will targets be steel or paper?

More specifically: Will surplus 7n6 5.45x39mm be allowed for the rifle class?

Thanks for any info, and thanks for putting these together!
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:40:28 PM EDT
[#4]

What is your maximum class size (# of students)?

Link Posted: 1/31/2014 12:17:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry guys, I don't get time for all the forums as often as I'd like.

Steel core ammo is fine. We'll be shooting both paper and steel and my steels are all 1/2" rifle rated. They've taken a LOT of M855 hits and even in cold weather performed awesome.

Rifle and pistol classes are capped at 12 students, ACC is at 8 or 10 depending on how many AIs I have available to RSO and help insure safety.

Thanks for the questions guys!
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 12:13:51 PM EDT
[#6]
We are a bit over one month out for the pistol class, for those that have emailed or PMd me about seats, you're on the list, but we need to get payments turned in or make arrangements. Thanks and looking forward to next month!
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 11:42:55 AM EDT
[#7]
When do you think you'll have you June/July schedule posted?
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 7:35:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Are there any basic courses in the area you would recommend before taking your tactical training?
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 3:58:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

First of April or so. It'll probably be a similar schedule (Pistol, Rifle, ACC)

Quoted:
Are there any basic courses in the area you would recommend before taking your tactical training?

I can do basic classes, but everytime I've posted them turnout has been 'meh' at best. If there's interest I can do a series of 1 day rifle and pistol. Let me know.

Link Posted: 3/6/2014 3:08:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Don't forget everyone, we're only a month out from the 2 day rifle class, there are still slots available if you're interested!

Thanks and have a great weekend!
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 4:36:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey everyone,

Sorry to bother, but we're only 2 weeks out from the Tactical Rifle
Class in Brighton. I've had a lot of people send emails asking how to
pay and checking schedules, so we're somewhere above 5 and less than
10, based on what I can fathom.

If you are interested in this class, PLEASE let me know by the end of
this weekend so that I can make arrangements for targets, etc. Thanks!

You can send a MO or Check or pay via paypal (they're rabidly
anti-gun), but I need to get the registration list nailed down.
Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 7:22:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Hey everyone, just wanted to remind you that the Applied CQB Concepts
Course is fast approaching and has limited seating in order to
maintain safety. Whether you're looking to understand clearing your
own home, all the way up to advanced applications for Law Enforcement
and Military use, this is a great class for you.

The schedule is as follows:

Friday Morning: Diagnostic Shooting Modules
Friday Afternoon: CQB Classtoom Materials

Saturday Morning: Review and Single person dry runs
Saturday Afternoon: NFDD deployment/safety, 2 man dry runs

Sunday: Review and 1 & two man runs (sims or live fire)

Training NFDD (flashbangs) for actual use ARE available (1 for $40, 2
for $75 cash only at class) for those wanting hands on time with live
devices.

Cost is $375 and seating is limited to 8 persons total. See you there!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top