Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2017 4:05:35 PM EDT
I picked up a unique 1911.  Its a Israeli made Springfield Armory polymer 9mm double stack 1911.  The story the importer told was that they were made for the Israeli Olympic team and military competitive shooting units.  No idea if that's true but it's got a 2.6 pound trigger that is smooth as glass and a extended mag release so it looks and feels like a competition gun.  Only problem is that is has a commander length slide on it and if it was a competition gun I'm sure the barrel is shot out so I want to have a full length slide made for it with a new barrel.  If you all could have anyone at all make you a new slide for a 1911 who would you go to?
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 5:11:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Get ahold of Dave at Southridge Arms to see what he thinks

Sir James...
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:02:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Is it made by Bul
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:20:00 PM EDT
[#3]
That's the one.  Bul-5 manufactured through a license with Springfield armory.  Still says Springfield armory on the slide but research online showed me the BUL link.  I have seen both good and bad reviews of them but I'm hoping that since this one has had a ton of work done to it that it will be a good one especially if I can get a great slide and barrel mounted on top.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top