Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2017 2:47:49 PM EDT
I would like to take the family on a mid week trip to Ocean Shores.  Can anyone recommend a good value hotel/motel?

Also, I see folks drive their vehicles on the beach but never see dirt bikes.  Are dirt bikes forbidden?
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 3:45:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I would like to take the family on a mid week trip to Ocean Shores.  Can anyone recommend a good value hotel/motel?

Also, I see folks drive their vehicles on the beach but never see dirt bikes.  Are dirt bikes forbidden?
View Quote

I don't have a recommendation but beaches that are legal to drive on are considered highways with the same requirements.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 8:17:54 PM EDT
[#2]
It's not exactly at Ocean Shores but I stayed at Ocean Crest Resort up by Moclips and definitely recommend it. Short drive down to Ocean City/Shores with plenty to see all along the highway.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:59:18 PM EDT
[#3]
You need a .mil card but we stay at the pacific beach mwr facility.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 11:40:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I stay at the Polynesian whenever I'm there. Pet friendly if you have a dog or two... or three.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 2:06:38 AM EDT
[#5]
We rent a house up in Ocean City, but in the past have stayed at what is now apparently called the MorningGlory, used to be a Holiday Inn Express. I would give them another try if looking for a value hotel. Really good location, walking distance to the beach, shopping, dining, etc.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 3:03:24 PM EDT
[#6]
My usual stop in OS is the Shiloh. Great location and great service. Excellent spot to watch storms.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 3:58:19 PM EDT
[#7]
check Air BnB, you can usually rent a house for about the price of a hotel.  Lots of rental houses in that area.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:09:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the suggestions, family had a great time.  It's remarkable what a 7yo boy and an E-tool can accomplish on a sandy beach in 10 hours...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top