Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2017 8:26:39 PM EDT
and beat it or know how to get it waived without going to their stupid court?  Photo on ticket shows car turning right on a red light, so possibly didn't come to a complete stop is all I can figure.  Damn red light cameras are nothing more than a revenue source and probably cause more accidents without actually making the roads safer
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 8:47:55 PM EDT
[#1]
You folks have a couple of choices, either get your supreme court to say they are illegal like they did here in Montana, or follow the law!  easy choices, if you choose to take them.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 9:07:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You folks have a couple of choices, either get your supreme court to say they are illegal like they did here in Montana, or follow the law!  easy choices, if you choose to take them.
View Quote
Unfortunately wasn't what I asked but thanks for the lecture anyways
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 11:19:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Unfortunately wasn't what I asked but thanks for the lecture anyways
View Quote
Pretty simple, don't break the law dummy, I am glad I moved out of that fucking communist state 20 years ago and the only connection I still have is the properties I own and renters do pay on time..

But I am glad I am in gods country now...

Pretty simple, don't break the law..You admitted the car in question didn't come to a complete stop!

Link Posted: 8/2/2017 1:02:02 AM EDT
[#4]
There are already 2 threads here about the cameras. I think you just send a letter saying you weren't driving and they have to dismiss it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 7:55:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
and beat it or know how to get it waived without going to their stupid court?  Photo on ticket shows car turning right on a red light, so possibly didn't come to a complete stop is all I can figure.  Damn red light cameras are nothing more than a revenue source and probably cause more accidents without actually making the roads safer
View Quote
If you crossed the line without coming to a complete stop first, then you failed to stop for the red light.

You can LIE and tell the court that it wasn't you driving the care.  Or you can man up and accept responsibility for your actions.  (And come to a complete stop behind the line in the future.)
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 10:51:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, I know who the statists are here now . Go easy on us evil do'ers when loading us on the train cars ok?
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 12:29:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well, I know who the statists are here now . Go easy on us evil do'ers when loading us on the train cars ok?
View Quote

Yes, enforcing red lights suddenly makes us statists! Thats a hell of a stretch indeed! Let me guess, you also think people who want Park Stickers enforced also have a Nazi flag in the living room where they praise Hitler nightly........

But really whats so surprising to me is how you actively support and promote such rude behavior under the guise of "freedom". But, I guess given the times its definitely a "Me me me" society so fuck civility. 
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 1:02:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Actually they do make intersections safer. Sprague and Division here in Spokane used to be ranked as one of the 10 most dangerous intersections in the whole US. Since they put in a red light camera, there hasnt been a single major accident there. That said, pay the fine, you ran a red. Only reason I could see for fighting it would be if the yellow is abnormally short, do some research and see if thats the case.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 9:05:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
If that's your basis for defining some of us as "statists", I guess by the same logic that makes you an anarchist.  When's the next riot scheduled for?
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 3:40:03 AM EDT
[#10]
That last one I got, in Lynnwood, it said on the "citation" that it the same as a parking infraction...so give it a closer look. I heard somewhere that Lynnwood is being sued for the tickest
The irony is that the lights are so long, and traffic so full of Asians that if you do not run red lights you will be stuck there...forever

For the record on the last one I got from those cunts, I did actually stop, it was just a little bit ahead of the line.
Unless an actual police officer issues me a ticket I do not take it seriously.

As for the lecturing, ignore it, people who do not live here do not understand the multiple layers of laws and edicts we are subjected to. It is impossible to NOT break a law a day in this leftist Utopia and not everyone can pick up and move.

Personally, I refuse to run, I am tired of running, I am not leaving and I am not paying their bullshit red light "tickets" and RTA tax
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 7:17:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That last one I got, in Lynnwood, it said on the "citation" that it the same as a parking infraction...so give it a closer look. I heard somewhere that Lynnwood is being sued for the tickest
The irony is that the lights are so long, and traffic so full of Asians that if you do not run red lights you will be stuck there...forever

For the record on the last one I got from those cunts, I did actually stop, it was just a little bit ahead of the line.
Unless an actual police officer issues me a ticket I do not take it seriously.

As for the lecturing, ignore it, people who do not live here do not understand the multiple layers of laws and edicts we are subjected to. It is impossible to NOT break a law a day in this leftist Utopia and not everyone can pick up and move.

Personally, I refuse to run, I am tired of running, I am not leaving and I am not paying their bullshit red light "tickets" and RTA tax
View Quote
I hear ya.  So when you've gotten these, are you sending them back saying that you're not the driver of the vehicle?
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 11:21:36 PM EDT
[#12]
should be in the fine print on the back about not being the driver. usually you just sign under oath that you weren't the driver so as long as your ok with that, if you go in you say the same thing and it will get dismissed
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 10:11:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Like many people, I just stay the hell out of Lynnwood and anywhere else that I know where there are numerous traffic light cameras.
I keep myself from Everett northward.
I don't care for the traffic cameras either and try to bring my business where they aren't.
Either that or shopping online.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 11:55:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Actually they do make intersections safer. Sprague and Division here in Spokane used to be ranked as one of the 10 most dangerous intersections in the whole US. Since they put in a red light camera, there hasnt been a single major accident there. That said, pay the fine, you ran a red. Only reason I could see for fighting it would be if the yellow is abnormally short, do some research and see if thats the case.
View Quote
You're very lucky it's working there. They have been shown to increase the number of accidents in many places. A combination of people slamming on the brakes to avoid running it and others flooring it to make it. Frequently though, these are the ones involving yellow light tampering. Many jurisdictions have been shortening the warning light sequences to increase red light revenues. Not all the .gov angels have our interests at heart...
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 1:32:43 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm a pretty law-and-order guy, but after ST3 I say fuck em.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 11:24:54 AM EDT
[#16]
I got a red light ticket in Lynnwood for turning right on red.  I was going to fight it because the picture clearly shows that my brake lights are on.  However on the ticket there is also a link to the video.  I did not come to a stop.  Paid the ticket and moved on.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 9:18:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Like many people, I just stay the hell out of Lynnwood and anywhere else that I know where there are numerous traffic light cameras.
I don't care for the traffic cameras either and try to bring my business where they aren't.
View Quote
You don't happen to drive a white Ford do you?
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 8:15:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No, I do not.
A couple of toyota's and a chevy.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 9:12:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

No, I do not.
A couple of toyota's and a chevy.
View Quote
Ahhh...just wanted to tell the guy with a white F-150  [bfl on rear window]  thanks for being "that guy" as you cut through a gore point nearly ramming the front of my car..because you're too damned lazy [or special] to get into the exit lane  with everyone else.  btw..crossing a gore point is a 136 dollar fine...that goes up exponentially if you cause an accident.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 5:13:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Don't drive a car registered in your name and you don't have to lie.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 6:58:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Ive been sent one and had it dismissed without a day in court.

My sister was driving my car that day and clearly she ran a red light. I received the letter and laughed uncontrollably at the part stating something along the lines of "you have to tell us who was driving if you say you weren't".

I wrote the court a letter saying I was not driving and have no duty to identify the driver.

I also included a direct copy of the fifth amendment as well as an excerpt of the case where SCOTUS ruled that police may lie to obtain evidence.

I received a letter confirming that ticket was dismissed along with a copy of my letter with several parts underlined and a hand drawn thumbs up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top