Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2017 11:57:07 PM EDT
Managed to get to their industry and media range day today, it was pretty damn awesome. Shot three full-auto and so much semi-auto I can barely remember. Incredible selection of firearms, most of which I hadn't seen before.

Anyone going on weekend to the actual show?

http://www.triggrcon.com/
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 1:15:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I couldn't make the range day today, but I'm planning on going tomorrow during the Industry portion.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 1:18:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Agreed.. it was pretty awesome.  I just wish I didn't have to rush out of there at 2.  Missed one of the bays because of it, but at least I got to checkout and shoot the main ones I wanted to look at.  I hope John keeps this going every year.  I'd say this is one of the best events I've gone to since Shot.  In a way I may like it better than Shot for range day since there was so much variety.

Edit:
One thing I did noticed that a lot of booths were using Freedom Munitions.  I asked one of the representatives and they said they never had issues with them.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 1:23:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Apparently the anti's are going to protest tomorrow or the weekend? That alone is almost worth going for!
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 11:13:15 AM EDT
[#4]
This was the best run, and enjoyable firearms event I have ever been to.
I was at range day from first thing in the morning until 4:00.  

I was not rushed and could talk in-depth with the manufactures about the products I was shooting and using.
The free lunch was really good.

We are staying at the courtyard hotel directly across the streetfrom the event. Tomorrow will be another fun day.
So many great new products, this is going to be expensive....
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 8:24:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Edit:
One thing I did noticed that a lot of booths were using Freedom Munitions.  I asked one of the representatives and they said they never had issues with them.
View Quote
I stopped by their booth today and saw 458SOCOM for $23/20. I bought one box to try. The brass alone almost costs that much.

The metal detectors (wands) at the door struck me as ironic, given the type of event it is....
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 10:34:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 11:59:55 PM EDT
[#7]
It was a pretty good event yesterday and today. From my understanding Freedom Munitions was supplying most of the ammo for the vendors. I was told that people were having problems with the . 300 Black out ammo. Anyone planning on attending the VIP charity event tomorrow night?

Ohh, and I didn't see one protestor either yesterday or today. Perhaps they were waiting for the weekend?
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 10:06:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The metal detectors (wands) at the door struck me as ironic, given the type of event it is....
View Quote
Isn't it at the Tacoma Dome? If so, that's why. All events there have that, from what I understand.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 11:25:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Isn't it at the Tacoma Dome? If so, that's why. All events there have that, from what I understand.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's at the Greater Tacoma Convention Center, which I believe is owned by the city of Tacoma. So the stated prohibition on the convention center's website not only violates WA State law, but also City of Tacoma code 8.67.020.

GTCC website

Weapons
For the safety of all guests, weapons of any kind, regardless of permit, are not permitted in the Greater Tacoma Convention Center. The ONLY exception to this is uniformed law enforcement personnel in the performance of their official duties.
City of Tacoma code
8.67.020 Possession of firearms prohibited in publicly owned stadiums and convention centers.
It is unlawful for any person to enter any municipally or county-owned stadium or convention center located within the City of Tacoma when he or she knowingly possesses or knowingly has under his or her control a weapon, except that such restrictions shall not apply to:

A. Any pistol in the possession of a person licensed under RCW 9.41.070 or exempt from the licensing requirement by RCW 9.41.060; or
B. Any showing, demonstration, or lecture involving the exhibition of firearms.

Violation of this section is a misdemeanor. Any person convicted of violating this section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and subject to a maximum penalty of a $1,000 fine or 90 days in jail, or both such fine and imprisonment.
(Ord. 27506 § 12; passed Jul. 25, 2006)
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 12:37:29 PM EDT
[#10]
i think it would make sense to put no firearms allowed on the tickets or flyers. got there last year and had to leave cause no where to store the carry piece on my bike.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 5:54:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It's at the Greater Tacoma Convention Center, which I believe is owned by the city of Tacoma.
View Quote
I always assumed that was the proper name for the Tacoma dome, apparently not.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 7:49:13 PM EDT
[#12]
it wasn't bad - especially for the price of admission.

i saw a new fangled carbon fiber "wire" hand guard - light as hell & pretty tough.

lots of people shaving bolt carriers down to no weight,  everybody has a knock off raptor.

I'm hunting a pdw stock -i think i found a candidate. ill post the name later.

&anytime you can hang with a friend for a few hours- and then run into a  old shooting buddy - winning bigly.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 11:21:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I enjoyed it.  Not a beanie baby or Jerky in sight!

I did see some guy harassing the FN booth about threading a suppressor on a SCAR barrel.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 10:33:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
it wasn't bad - especially for the price of admission.

i saw a new fangled carbon fiber "wire" hand guard - light as hell & pretty tough.

lots of people shaving bolt carriers down to no weight,  everybody has a knock off raptor.

I'm hunting a pdw stock -i think i found a candidate. ill post the name later.

&anytime you can hang with a friend for a few hours- and then run into a  old shooting buddy - winning bigly.
View Quote
Was there any covfefe on display?
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 1:35:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 6:23:39 PM EDT
[#16]
a lot more proactive and responsible than reed and that show in pa a few years ago.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 11:29:25 PM EDT
[#17]
I missed it...guess I should check in here more often.  I would have gone if I had known about it.  I was looking for something to do this weekend.  I would have gone to the Scottish Highland games if it wasn't an hours drive to get there.  Triggercon would have Been a very short drive.  Damn!
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 2:00:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 12:06:46 PM EDT
[#19]
How was this show advertised?  First I heard of it was this thread and by then it was too late for me to plan to attend.  And I live in the South Sound and drive through Tacoma every work day.

Rob
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 9:08:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
How was this show advertised?  First I heard of it was this thread and by then it was too late for me to plan to attend.  And I live in the South Sound and drive through Tacoma every work day.

Rob
View Quote
Be on Rainier Arms newsletter/email/whatever list. I think I also saw mentions of it on various social media platforms as well as on RA's website.
RA started sending out emails about the show months ago.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 11:11:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Did anyone else go to the VIP Party on Saturday? I'm gonna skip it next year. The videos from last year were nothing like what this year's event ended up being like. The "goodie bags" at the door were lame as hell. For being a "charity event" my wife and I were extremely disappointed, especially at $100.00 each..... The "gourmet" food that was catered was offered from one of two gut trucks. You had a choice of some obscure BBQ truck or Phillipino food, that's it. The keynote speaker delivered her speech via video on a couple of screens due to being out of town. The "raffle" started at something like $8k."

Yup, definitely skipping the VIP event next year. I considered it to be false advertising compared to what last year's event was reported to be. I don't mind not being flashy as it is a charity event, but when one builds it up to be some huge shindig, and it ends up being lame and boring as hell, then it makes people not want to show up the next year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top