Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2017 11:48:17 PM EDT
I'm interested in seeing if I can find a dealer for handling transfer of a silencer. I don't currently have one decided up, but in looking at some recent deals I realize they all were negated due to a few dealers I contacted wanting a $100 transfer fee/item. There was a Capital Armory deal to buy a SiCO Hybrid and get a TacSol agent, but adding in $200 of transfer fees kinda wiped out the deal. Are there any other places within releatively short driving distance from Bellevue with a lower fee? Any chance of some around $50?
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 12:09:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't think of any in the Puget Sound area that do it for under $100 to be honest...
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 12:53:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Last price I had from Scott was ~$100, he's in Renton
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 1:24:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Might not be withing the 50 mile radius, but I5 Guns in Lacey does it for $50. Assuming it's coming from a dealer of course. If you're getting one from a private individual you're the one paying the $200 tax. Yes, it's taxed when going from individual to dealer.

Also, have you checked out Silencer Shop? They tend to have pretty good prices and their "powered by Silencer Shop," dealers shouldn't be charging any additional fees.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 1:41:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 2:29:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Last price I had from Scott was ~$100, he's in Renton
View Quote
$75 per NFA item actually...  it used to be $100 for SBRs (take up more room), but I aligned all NFA transfer pricing in January, so those are $75 now too.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 11:21:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Might not be withing the 50 mile radius, but I5 Guns in Lacey does it for $50. Assuming it's coming from a dealer of course. If you're getting one from a private individual you're the one paying the $200 tax. Yes, it's taxed when going from individual to dealer.

Also, have you checked out Silencer Shop? They tend to have pretty good prices and their "powered by Silencer Shop," dealers shouldn't be charging any additional fees.
View Quote
Just bought can through Silencer Shop, West Coast Armory charged an additional $10, but there were lots of Powered By Dealers in the area that didn't charge anything extra.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 2:27:12 PM EDT
[#7]
X2 for buying from Silencershop. Once you're setup buying an additional can is easy as pie as they already have your information on file. Maybe too easy. Once I purchased my 1st Silencershop can I purchased #2, #3 & #4 within the next 6 weeks. All my other cans were purchased pre 41P so there's no comparison.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 4:51:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I have been using I5 Guns in Lacey.  As Unicorn said, $50 for NFA transfers (plus sales/use tax on the item, of course, but that would happen anywhere you go).

Rob
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 11:48:20 PM EDT
[#9]
That high transfer fee pretty much ensures I only buy from SilencerShop powered by dealers. I have an AAC Element II and a AAC TiRant 45M bought through them and in the paperwork process.

Capital Armory has a deal to buy a SilencerCo Hybrid @895 and get a Tacsol Ascent for free. But, once you add in $200 of transfer fees the deal dies off. I was hoping to find a lower price transfer dealer so that I'd be able to make use of finding a better price outside of SilencerShop.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 12:50:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Hansohn has the AAC Halcyon at $293 delivered. Now I have more incentive to find a lower transfer fee dealer nearby... Open to any other suggestions folks have.

ETA: Any chance/history of getting reduced fees if I'm do, say 2-3 transfers through them in a shot?
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 3:59:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Rainier Arms is $75 and they have a silencer shop kiosk getting installed too.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 5:16:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Its been a while but Sound Loan and Pawn in Everett used to have really good deals on on transfers but I dont know if he did class III stuff. 
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 6:38:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Its been a while but Sound Loan and Pawn in Everett used to have really good deals on on transfers but I dont know if he did class III stuff. 
View Quote
He does not, unless he recently started
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 12:55:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Got in touch with Scott and his $75 ea works for me as a good balance of savings vs driving time. Glad to go through a fellow site member too.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 1:02:07 AM EDT
[#15]
have we seen 41f times yet?
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 2:49:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
have we seen 41f times yet?
View Quote
Not yet. I've still got a few pre-41F apps out there. Obviously late July/Aug/Sep applications are going to be close to a year, but the big unknown are apps sent in today. They could be 2 months or less (pure conjecture on my part). If we see sub-2 month wait times, I expect that, combined with the deals out there right now, to spur some action.  All the 41F hoops and a year wait?  F that. 41F hoops and you get your stuff in 6-8 weeks?  That is more palatable.... Doesn't make it right, but easier to swallow the bitter pill.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 6:41:45 AM EDT
[#17]
exactly why i asked.

i was never going to do prints&pics.... but a month wait?  well maybe just 12 more
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 9:33:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Not yet. I've still got a few pre-41F apps out there. Obviously late July/Aug/Sep applications are going to be close to a year, but the big unknown are apps sent in today. They could be 2 months or less (pure conjecture on my part). If we see sub-2 month wait times, I expect that, combined with the deals out there right now, to spur some action.  All the 41F hoops and a year wait?  F that. 41F hoops and you get your stuff in 6-8 weeks?  That is more palatable.... Doesn't make it right, but easier to swallow the bitter pill.
View Quote
Pre-41F I bitched and moaned and thought it'd be the end of my NFA buying... 10 NFA purchases later... I get a dozen or so prints when I go to the Sheriff's office to get them done. They look at me funny, but it saves me $$$ and saves them time. Then when I want to buy something, the photo is already saved on my PC, and I have a stack of prints ready to go. My dealer does all the forms for me, so that takes no time.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 11:35:25 AM EDT
[#19]
The 41F changes got me off my butt and I created a trust and purchased my first suppressor and submitted to make my first SBR just before the deadline.  

A Gemtech GM-22 was ordered through Silencer Shop on 7/4/16 and is still pending.  It was sent in as part of their "photo op" of a literal truckload of paper Form 4s (there may have been reasons other than a photo op for them to accumulate the truckload of forms).  I have heard that all of those have a Pending date of 7/27.  The GM-22 actually arrived at my dealer in August last year and I have fired it once.

SBR eForm 1 went in on 7/8/16 and was approved on 5/24/17.

Since 41F, I have purchased a couple more suppressors and of course all of those are pending (hell, one Form 3 dealer-to-dealer transfer is still pending since March!).

Once they start coming in, I'll add my wife to the trust.

Rob
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 11:49:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Ordered a can 5/30, form 3 was approved last week. We will see how long it takes to get the form 4 back.
My pre 41f took 10 months...
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 2:46:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 6:06:04 PM EDT
[#22]
I just keep thinking if this HPA passes how much faster my SBR's will process
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 2:45:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Pantel Tactical in Renton has been good to me.  $50 for NFA transfers.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 9:10:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Daugherty's Guns in Port Orchard charges $75 and $50 for .22 suppressors.

360-265-3330
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 9:54:07 AM EDT
[#25]
I got all my cans through Silencer Shop, couldn't be easier.

I do however wish to purchase an Allen AEM5, which SS doesn't have. Gonna have to eat a transfer fee on that one.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 9:30:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I do however wish to purchase an Allen AEM5, which SS doesn't have. Gonna have to eat a transfer fee on that one.
View Quote
I've got a couple aem5's in stock, knurled and not.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 2:13:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Completely agree that SS is dead simple. I used them for my first 2 purchases.

But when Hansohn had the Halcyon on sale for $293 vs SS being $429, it was too tempting to pass up. And thankfully I found Scott on here for $75 transfers. Also grabbed a Ti-Rant 9M from Hansohn for $488 vs $699 being lowest price at SS Powered dealers within 100 miles of me. $781 + $150 transfer fees still saves me just under $200 vs $429 + $699 at SS.

I'm a big fan of SS and their process. Just their pricing couldn't match the 4th of July sales at Hansohn.

I would have been tempted to pay a bit more to transfer via SS Powered by dealer to bypass having to get prints & passport photos but the dealer is telling me they don't offer using the kiosk unless full purchase is from SS. SS called them to straighten it out on a SiCo Hybrid I bought directly from dealer, but then dealer told me this was just a one time exception.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 12:30:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
Last time I talked to him (been a long time), he said he didn't want to get a SOT.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top