Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2017 11:45:51 PM EDT
http://www.theolympian.com/news/local/article152850059.html

Crazy....I was just in there yesterday picking up my new Scorpion Evo, which had been sitting there for about 2 weeks as I'd been out of town
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:41:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Seems the smash and grab with a stolen car thing is getting more and more common.

For a time when L&L guns down here was still in business their last location was an old bank. At night they rolled all the guns into the old vault, probably the only good way to stop this.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:40:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I see more and more shops installing either concrete blocks or steel bollards in front to prevent this.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 2:12:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Two in Denver this week. One had steel Ballard's from the last time they rammed a stolen car thru the front door
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 1:16:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I see more and more shops installing either concrete blocks or steel bollards in front to prevent this.
View Quote
look at bear arms - i think ecology blocks would work,  especially in front of a sidewalk.

cheap insurance
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 2:43:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Can only do that if the landlord allows it to be done. Some don't because they consider them ugly.

They are already installed at the new store location (unrelated to this, was planned for from the beginning).
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 9:53:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

look at bear arms - i think ecology blocks would work,  especially in front of a sidewalk.

cheap insurance
View Quote
Yep.  Was thinking of that and a few other locations.  Problem with ecology block is that you need quite a bit of room to install them.  Bollards take up less room, but require more work on the sidewalk.  Plus, you don't want to go cheap with the bollards, but make them substantial and well anchored.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top