Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2017 1:11:32 AM EDT
Went to Pegasus Pizza tonight for Gregs announcement. Anyone that can spread the word please do so. He needs our help, our time, our money, our vote and Seattle needs him.

Twitter

Gregs Facebook

Gregs Website

Greg Hamilton's Mayoral Announcement

Greg Hamilton’s Seattle roots run deep. Born at Group Health Cooperative in downtown Seattle, he was raised in a 900-square-foot house in West Seattle where he attended school at EC Hughes and Our lady of Guadalupe.

His father worked at the Rainier Brewery and was a flight instructor with Galvins at Boeing Field. His mother retired from Group Health. Greg’s Grandfather and his uncles worked at Crowley Marine, the Seattle Police Department and Boeing.

A small business owner, Greg’s first enterprise — InSights Training Center — was established 25 years ago and today is one of the nation’s largest private providers of responsible self-defense training. His newest venture, Freyr Farms, is an extension of his interest in sustainable agriculture at the local level. Through Freyr Farms Greg raises threatened Heritage breed animals in a natural environment, he also keeps backyard chickens, a vegetable garden and is an apprentice beekeeper. He’s a volunteer Master Gardener and Livestock Advisor for Washington State University and teaches others the enjoyment of raising and growing food for themselves and their family. Greg’s hobbies — mountaineering and scuba diving — take full advantage of Seattle’s world-class, amazingly-diverse environment. Greg’s fiancée, Madison, is also a Seattle native. Madison is a nursing student who plays in the Cascade Symphony Orchestra. She shares Greg’s passion for beekeeping, gardening and raising animals and is a long-time volunteer scuba diver at the Seattle Aquarium.

Greg has served nearly two decades as Green Beret and Army Ranger. The mottos of those elite units –“Sua Sponte” and “De Oppresso Liber” — mean “of their own accord” (volunteers) and “to liberate the oppressed”; both of which define Greg’s personality and life’s mission. These leadership attributes and hard-won experiences are unique in the field of candidates seeking positions of Seattle leadership.

A pragmatic, results-oriented person, Greg’s mission is to Save Seattle, to restore and enhance safety and prosperity for all Seattle taxpayers. Greg believes our city’s culture is under threat and that the path forward must be based on all citizens having and voicing their visions of our shared future. Seattle cannot move forward unless the influence of powerful special interests is reduced and its leaders renounce corrosive identity politics. Seattle government must restore faith in its ability to efficiently match finite resources with clearly-defined, prioritized programs. Seattle was known for its beauty, the quality of life enjoyed by all of its residents and the flourishing of its commercial enterprises be they corporate, family or individually-owned.

Today, that is no longer the case. But it can be again. Greg Hamilton has the vision, discipline and unmatched experience needed to lead Seattle into the future built on its unique attributes: our superb natural environment, our history of inclusiveness and innovation and the talent and spirit of our citizens.

Greg looks forward to leading this city to a new and better future.

His bio from Insights Training.

Insights Training

Greg M. Hamilton, Chief Instructor

Greg Hamilton is the Founder and Chief Instructor for InSights. He is internationally recognized as one of the best firearms and tactics instructors in the world. He is a veteran of the US Army Rangers and Special Forces, and is certified by the Army as a Close Quarters Combat Instructor and Anti-Terrorism Instructor. He is certified by the National Law Enforcement Training Center as a Handgun Retention Instructor, and by the Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission (WSCJTC) as a Firearms Instructor.

Greg has been named a "Master Instructor" and "Master Tactician" by the American Tactical Shooters Association. He has attended and/or been an instructor at Gunsite Training Center, Mid-South Institute of Self-Defense Shooting, Defense Training International, American Pistol Institute, Lethal Force Institute, Chapman Academy, National Law Enforcement Training Center, H&K's International Training Division, ITC/Thunder Ranch, and Yavapai Firearms Academy.

Greg is a two-time National Champion and has placed in the top five at the National Tactical Invitational six years in a row. More importantly, he has trained more than half a dozen people to accomplish similar results. Greg has made InSights courses nationally known for their incredible attention to detail and for the level of performance of their graduating students.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 1:16:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Great minds think alike!
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:32:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I couldn't help thinking we were watching history being made.

Many of us live outside Seattle city limits. Why should we care what happens there? Remember the good old days when there were viable gun shops in the city limits? As Seattle goes so goes King County. Most of my friends are being saddled with new car tab increases. As King County goes, so goes the state. This is a first step in taking back the state from the progressives including the City Council who voted unanimously to give their employees a day off to protest on May 1.

Let's poke 'em in the eye.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:39:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I couldn't help thinking we were watching history being made.

Many of us live outside Seattle city limits. Why should we care what happens there? Remember the good old days when there were viable gun shops in the city limits? As Seattle goes so goes King County. Most of my friends are being saddled with new car tab increases. As King County goes, so goes the state. This is a first step in taking back the state from the progressives including the City Council who voted unanimously to give their employees a day off to protest on May 1.

Let's poke 'em in the eye.
View Quote
As goes Seattle, so goes Washington.

This is VERY important.
Do not allow Washington to become California.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 10:33:14 AM EDT
[#4]
What I'd love to see if people not being negative right off the bat, Trump won and I'm 1000% positive more people would relate to Greg and his ideas. I know its Seattle but there's a lot of people tossing their hats in and most are way out there. If they divide the vote among themselves he can swing the right and independents to get more traction.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 10:38:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What I'd love to see if people not being negative right off the bat, Trump won and I'm 1000% positive more people would relate to Greg and his ideas. I know its Seattle but there's a lot of people tossing their hats in and most are way out there. If they divide the vote among themselves he can swing the right and independents to get more traction.
View Quote
Where is that LIKE button? I drove to the event through a sea of blue tarps along I 90 and south Seattle. That problem has exploded in the last few years, and allowing city government to continue in the same vein will not improve matters.

Here's a candidate who used to take over small countries for a living. De opresso liber. Besides, he can save the city a ton of money by being his own security detail.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 11:08:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Where is that LIKE button? I drove to the event through a sea of blue tarps along I 90 and south Seattle. That problem has exploded in the last few years, and allowing city government to continue in the same vein will not improve matters.

Here's a candidate who used to take over small countries for a living. De opresso liber. Besides, he can save the city a ton of money by being his own security detail.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 3:21:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I wish I could vote for him. Sounds like just what is needed to turn Seattle around.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 4:12:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

As goes Seattle, so goes Washington.

This is VERY important.
Do not allow Washington to become California.
View Quote
As a California transplant you have no idea how important this is. 

California is an amazing state. As a geographic place to be, I really cant think of much better places to be. And its utterly and completely ruined by the politics. It isnt even something as generally benign as "can gays marry" or "Can I smoke marijuana". We're talking about serious infringements on Rights. Want a gun? Sorry, if it isnt bolt action they dont want you to have it. Want a CCW for defense? Ha! Oh, you work hard to make lots of money?" You'll need to give that over to the state for the "better good" of society! Illegals? No, those are hard working people looking for a better life! Religious? Ha, your God is not welcome here! Conservative? Well that makes you the enemy!

Yes indeed. Do not let Washington become California. 
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:24:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't live in seattle, but sent this guy some $$

Anything that unfucks that place
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 8:50:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Don't live in seattle, but sent this guy some $

Anything that unfucks that place
View Quote
Amen to dat, brudda. That city disproportionately affects the rest of the state and the entire region. Even we who live outside the city limits need to take heed.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 10:22:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Amen to dat, brudda. That city disproportionately affects the rest of the state and the entire region. Even we who live outside the city limits need to take heed.
View Quote
On the Seattle Reddit sub the other day there was some link to a story about "why can't Seattle and the rest of the state get along". I posted a response that just basically stated the obvious - most of the state does not agree politically with Seattle and resents being strong-armed by the supermajority of the Puget Sound region.

Of course I get downvoted into oblivion and people tell me to "prove that Seattle runs the state." Apparently King/Pierce/Snohomish county passing almost every state-wide election and initiative isn't evidence enough that Seattle fucks over the whole state.

Then they have the nerve to deny that it's even happening.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 9:55:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Small meet and greet Friday the 19th, come and eat some food and donate if you can. You can ask questions or get to know Greg, not a media event just people that want to help.

7pm

16926 116th Ave SE, Renton, WA 98058
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 10:05:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Small meet and greet Friday the 19th, come and eat some food and donate if you can. You can ask questions or get to know Greg, not a media event just people that want to help.

7pm

16926 116th Ave SE, Renton, WA 98058
View Quote

We'll be there.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 9:45:27 PM EDT
[#14]
http://www.thestranger.com/slog/2017/05/22/25155567/candidate-survivor-is-back-and-we-need-your-help

VOTE OFTEN
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 9:55:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
http://www.thestranger.com/slog/2017/05/22/25155567/candidate-survivor-is-back-and-we-need-your-help

VOTE OFTEN
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/55929931/vote-enforcer-2013-vote-early-and-vote-often.jpg
View Quote
I voted!

And my wife

And my daughter

And our two cats

And the dog that we feed sometimes

And both my grandmothers, rest their souls
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 10:11:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Hit.  Maybe it needs a separate thread here in WAHTF.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 10:15:39 PM EDT
[#17]
How about a GD firemission? Right now we are obliterating it with the local guys.

I cross posted on waguns, and it's promulgated on FB. Any other local forums we could hit?
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:12:58 PM EDT
[#18]
I changed the title on both threads and added bold to the GD thread, if you guys can keep it bumped that would be awesome. I dont wanna be the only one doing it over and over.

This place needs to sack up and get on the fucking train, this is happening. Taking back WA starts now.

GD Thread
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 12:53:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Poll hit.  Err.... Pole since it is The Stranger after all........

Hit 8x via various devices and methods......
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 1:10:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Get on the POLE!
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 1:21:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Get Greg over 50%

Roberts is making a run!
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 1:24:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Harley is accusing Greg of using a bot for his votes, and now accusing him of doing the same for another candidate and is "covering up his tracks".
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 10:15:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Harley is accusing Greg of using a bot for his votes, and now accusing him of doing the same for another candidate and is "covering up his tracks".
View Quote

Lever is a paranoid.  He can't believe how Greg Hamilton had such a surge.

People just getting off work sharing the link with their friends on various boards.
It grew exponentially.
Greg has a lot of active support.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 3:15:22 PM EDT
[#24]
This thing is still active.

Robert's group may an attack last night.

Need to plus up those numbers.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:48:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

People just getting off work sharing the link with their friends on various boards.
It grew exponentially.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It grew exponentially.
It's time we demonstrate the full power of this fully operational weaponized autism
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 1:05:35 AM EDT
[#26]
It is the Top 2 that get the invite to the bullshit Stranger deal, but it would still be good to have Greg as the top dog.  I think he's "in" for sure, but let's go for the win!

Help us GD, you're our only hope!
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:13:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Bump
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:20:21 AM EDT
[#28]
My old commander served with him in SF, an speaks well of him.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:55:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 3:22:24 PM EDT
[#30]
If he hasn't sucked at least one dick in his life he hasn't got a shot at the Seattle mayor's office
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 3:23:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
If he hasn't sucked at least one dick in his life he hasn't got a shot at the Seattle mayor's office
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 12:27:59 AM EDT
[#32]
The Seattle's commies live by their master Stalin's motto "The ones who vote are not important. The ones counting the votes are."

Only way to fix that cesspool is pushing it into the Puget Sound.   And spending a few generation cleaning the resulting pollution.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 2:17:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
As a California transplant you have no idea how important this is. 

California is an amazing state. As a geographic place to be, I really cant think of much better places to be. And its utterly and completely ruined by the politics. It isnt even something as generally benign as "can gays marry" or "Can I smoke marijuana". We're talking about serious infringements on Rights. Want a gun? Sorry, if it isnt bolt action they dont want you to have it. Want a CCW for defense? Ha! Oh, you work hard to make lots of money?" You'll need to give that over to the state for the "better good" of society! Illegals? No, those are hard working people looking for a better life! Religious? Ha, your God is not welcome here! Conservative? Well that makes you the enemy!

Yes indeed. Do not let Washington become California. 
View Quote
Same here, born and raised in the East Bay and I wouldn't go back for a six figure salary. I'd hate to move out of this fine state too.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 12:55:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Toooooooo freak'n funny!!!

...But true.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 11:15:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Heard Greg the other day on the Todd Herman Show. Sounds squared away.

How the fuck is he going to overcome not making it into the Mayoral Debate on the 17th?

Most people are going to assume (incorrectly) that the fuckers showing up for that debate are the only ones running.
You can't tell me someone like Greg doesn't belong in the debate especially debating assholes like that shit-eating motherfucking McGinn. 
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 1:42:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Insurgency

A few Greg supporters could go. Dressed nice of course. Make sure they sit in between the camera and the podium. Pull out Greg for Mayor signs during tag lines.

May have to hide the signs to get in through security.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 1:35:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Heard this cat on KTTH, if I lived in Seattle I would vote for him.
Would be nice to have some adult supervision in WA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top