Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2017 1:41:33 AM EDT
I'll be road tripping this summer in Washington and I was planning to bring possibly 3 handguns.

One pocket handgun, one full size handgun with 15 round mags, and one .500 S&W revolver.

As I understand it, I won't be allowed to CCW in Washington with my MO permit (no reciprocity).

1. What other gun laws should I be aware of? Can I at least keep a loaded handgun in my vehicle with me?

2. What areas of Washington and/or Seattle should I definitely try to avoid for safety reasons?

.......And anything else I should be aware of?
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 12:03:57 PM EDT
[#1]
No loaded handgun in your car with out a CPL, loaded mag near the gun is fine though, just make sure the chamber and and mag well are empty. Open carry is legal though.  

All of the greater Seattle area will viciously attack your wallet compared to MO prices
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 12:11:37 PM EDT
[#2]
lol - do whatever you want to do, CPL or not.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 3:06:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
lol - do whatever you want to do, CPL or not.
View Quote
Yeah, that thought occurred to me as well.......

What kind of penalties are there in WA for CCW without a license?

Or having a loaded car gun without a license?
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 5:26:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yeah, that thought occurred to me as well.......

What kind of penalties are there in WA for CCW without a license?

Or having a loaded car gun without a license?
View Quote
RCW 9.41.050
Carrying firearms.
(1)(a) Except in the person's place of abode or fixed place of business, a person shall not carry a pistol concealed on his or her person without a license to carry a concealed pistol.
(b) Every licensee shall have his or her concealed pistol license in his or her immediate possession at all times that he or she is required by this section to have a concealed pistol license and shall display the same upon demand to any police officer or to any other person when and if required by law to do so. Any violation of this subsection (1)(b) shall be a class 1 civil infraction under chapter 7.80 RCW and shall be punished accordingly pursuant to chapter 7.80 RCW and the infraction rules for courts of limited jurisdiction.
(2)(a) A person shall not carry or place a loaded pistol in any vehicle unless the person has a license to carry a concealed pistol and: (i) The pistol is on the licensee's person, (ii) the licensee is within the vehicle at all times that the pistol is there, or (iii) the licensee is away from the vehicle and the pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.
(b) A violation of this subsection is a misdemeanor.
(3)(a) A person at least eighteen years of age who is in possession of an unloaded pistol shall not leave the unloaded pistol in a vehicle unless the unloaded pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.
(b) A violation of this subsection is a misdemeanor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top