Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2017 11:34:30 AM EDT
I need to sight/break in a new rifle in or around Tacoma. Outdoor/indoor and it needs to be this weekend. What can I do quick fast and in a hurry. Only ever shot pistol in this state in Fed Way.

Ideally I won't have to spend 130 bucks on this trip. I know about the Tacoma Gun Club but from my understanding it's a process and I'm trying to get it done.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 1:37:44 PM EDT
[#1]
If you only need 100 yards Evergreen Sportsmens Club a few miles south of Olympia was decent when I went a couple weeks ago.  $15 for a whole day.  http://shootesc.org/rifle.php
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 2:06:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Tacoma sportsmen's club (http://www.tacomassportsmensclub.com) in Puyallup a little ways down canyon road is where I usually go. 200 yard rifle range with target berms at useful distances plus a gong at 200 and there's a short pistol range next to it. Public access fee is reasonable and they have some pretty good range officers that don't let idiots get away with much.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 1:29:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Much appreciated. Evergreen is a bit far but the Puyallup location is perfect. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 1:38:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Let us know how you like Tacoma sportsmen's club.  I might try it out next time.  From the reviews it looks like people either love the RSOs or hate them, but that's to be expected.  Gun people are a crazy bunch
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 3:35:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Go out ti the pit on johnson creek rd out In Tenino. I'm not a fan of the local gun ranges.

However i can't wait for the new state of the art watchers gun shop / range to open that's gonna be sweet.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 4:09:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I need to sight/break in a new rifle in or around Tacoma. Outdoor/indoor and it needs to be this weekend. What can I do quick fast and in a hurry. Only ever shot pistol in this state in Fed Way.

Ideally I won't have to spend 130 bucks on this trip. I know about the Tacoma Gun Club but from my understanding it's a process and I'm trying to get it done.

Thanks.
View Quote

Is triangle pit (Capital Forest) still open?
Only other spot I know of is JBLM MWR range - but you have to be military, a veteran, or a guest in order to go there....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top