Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2017 8:11:54 PM EDT
I need to get a new roof done this summer. Anybody got any recommendations? I live in Auburn if that matters.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 8:54:45 PM EDT
[#1]
After having a steel roof on our old house for 19 years, I will never do shingles again...
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 10:36:13 PM EDT
[#2]
NW Roof dig a good job for us a few years ago for a fair price.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 11:36:44 PM EDT
[#3]
We used Valentine Roofing. Their price was in the middle of the bids we got and there was a long wait. We're happy with the roof but...
Had two bathroom exhaust fans that weren't vented out of the attic. Salesman was adamant that they would be vented when the roof was done. Wife was home to meet them on the first day, no one even knocked on the door. When they finished there were no new vents on the roof. We inquired about the exhaust fans and the rep said she spoke to the project lead and he claimed that the fan was vented. Went into the attic to see if they had replaced as many sheets of plywood as they claimed. That was as they claimed but the exhaust fans weren't vented. They came back and made it right in the end but I won't recommend them.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 8:58:17 AM EDT
[#4]
ROOF ROOF ROOF, We are the men who loooove, to ROOF!
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 11:21:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Myself.  Metal roof.  Material cost $2000 at most.  Hours actually doing the work--maybe 40, but done over several weeks.

Use synthetic underlayment ordered online for about $150/roll for a very long roll.  Its rated to be exposed for 90 days.  I had it on for a month on one section through several heavy rainstorms.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 1:56:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 7:34:06 PM EDT
[#7]
We used CR BOOOger.  

They are very expensive, but use high quality materials, and they did a fantastic job.   No fuck ups and did everything we asked them to do without cutting corners.   50 year roof.  30 year transferable warranty.  

Would I recommend them again?   not if you are looking for cheap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top