Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2017 4:41:38 PM EDT
Does anyone know someone in the Tacoma area who can do some checkering on a wood knife handle?  The wood is not petrified, but it is reasonably rare bog oak that is between 3000 and 5000 years old...(yes, I mean thousand).  The knife is a hand forged fighting Bowie having a 10 5/8" long blade, very old iron fittings and a hamon.  So I hope to find someone with skills equal to the piece...not just looking for a hobby checkering job.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 7:02:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Wish I could give you a good reference.

If you don't mind, I'd love to see some pictures of your knife. Sounds really cool.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 11:56:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wish I could give you a good reference.

If you don't mind, I'd love to see some pictures of your knife. Sounds really cool.

Thanks in advance.
View Quote
Send me an email address and I will forward photos of a few I have done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top