Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2017 2:53:41 PM EDT
I really didn't want to work on the taxes or do any housework.  Jump on the HTF.... nothing new going on.   Decided to reminisce back to my earlier days on here.... rather than be productive.

Apparently I'm quite the introvert-  joined in Dec 2004...... first post is 9 months later.  

My welcoming into the dysfunctional family

I also miss the days when we both worked the same shift and before all the damn namby pamby internet filters were put into place at work.  At least a couple times I had some fun with R-32 not quite locking down his computer after signing on the WAHTF.  

First foray. Quite weak, but only had a minute to post anything,

Improved things a little here:

I love that at first it just seemed like normal R-32 stirring the pot

It did work both ways- remember to log off!

Unicorns ?

So what are some of your fun memories of the WAHTF of old ?        lets hear some good stories.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 4:17:59 PM EDT
[#1]
A few things....

Shooting out in Robe with the Arfcommers.  
Watching a Marine put an ACOG into his eye, twice.  Should have trained him with crayons.
Getting together to go hit WAC Shows before they become nothing but beanie babies and jerkey.
DaBunny with his latte stand addiction.
Tumbleweed actually falling in a campfire.
1NutGummer's truck getting hit by shrapnel from a tannerite blast.
Watching some n00bs eyes getting shaved because he left his battle buddy at LCR while drunk.
KA3B hip firing a 50.
Me shooting my beater truck with a .50, 7.62 and 5.56 at an LCR.
Razzal's get togethers over lunch and a beer.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 11:36:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I really miss the old wac shows.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 4:11:40 AM EDT
[#3]
GF shoots
WAHTF Christmas parties
Reconvening LCR at OdT's due to inclement weather and a big screen tv
WAHTF Calendars
Pre-WAC breakfasts at Ma's Place
Post-WAC lunches at Famous Dave's
Yelling like pirates at WAC
LCR parachutes, tannerite, Jet,
The night Echomancer shot the mayor
Irish Bog Racing
Koter's trailer "EMERGENCY!!"
The Monkeysex and Private Earwax Traveling Trick Shooting Show
Mac putting the finishing touch on the Monkeysex P71
The Downhill Door Stampede
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 4:47:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
GF shoots
WAHTF Christmas parties
WAHTF Calendars
Irish Bog Racing
View Quote

How about people lining up to shoot your 308 handgun?  :)
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 5:37:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Matt45, and the rest of the crew, being able to actually say what you and everyone else thought about a post or poster without fear of getting banned or time outs. DaveA's controversial posts that were waaaaaay out there before he got reigned in. The back and forth bickering between certain members, you'd swear they were married couples.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 5:43:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
GF shoots
WAHTF Christmas parties
WAHTF Calendars
Irish Bog Racing

The Bobbity Pistol was a mandatory thing...
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 7:14:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I do miss LCRs, should try to get to one soon.
I have lots of great memories with WAHTF folks, meeting PCR in Mary's Pistols. Loading Magazines with Bobbity while watching Heat. Having Rem582 tell me I had to have at least 2 spare mags before I took his daughter out. The first time I met Matt45, puking off his deck onto the sheep... good times...
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 8:41:23 PM EDT
[#8]
"That might be mayonnaise"

HugeGator........miss ya Jim.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 5:23:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Ah man, Gator, I remember meeting him at Northgate, and doing a FTF deal out of the back of my Crown Vic, that I got from Bobbity...
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 12:14:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Matt45, and the rest of the crew, being able to actually say what you and everyone else thought about a post or poster without fear of getting banned or time outs. DaveA's controversial posts that were waaaaaay out there before he got reigned in. The back and forth bickering between certain members, you'd swear they were married couples.
View Quote
.  SO TRUE. Old married biddies
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 12:35:53 PM EDT
[#11]
GF shoots and breakfast before hand at the timberline cafe.

The 3LCRs I've been to. -  one of which the weather DESTROYED the camp. Canopies and tents mangled and strewn about.  The Linex canopy on top of the camper. PCR waking me up to get a body count.

.22 competition at doberdudes

WAC show breakfast (arrgh) and hurrying off to get Ammo

Razzle's

Strat rants

Bunny Barista antics

2whiskeyp guzzling the Everclear instead of spitting fireballs
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:36:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
DaveA's controversial posts that were waaaaaay out there before he got reigned in. 
View Quote
I seem to remember most of that being in GD.... Younger-me had way too much time on my hands & way too much interest in arguing with the nether-regions of the web over politics & conspiracy theories...

On the original topic:
Went to LCR twice (once right after I PCSed to JBLM - all I had available to camp in was my newly-issued Army gear)...
Christmas party once...
Went nuts on some people over Waco conspiracy theories (No, do NOT want to talk about this. Won't respond to any discussion of it. Do not care anymore. Do not want to get re-banned)... Got banned... Got 'better'...
And that's about it...
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 2:35:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I seem to remember most of that being in GD.... Younger-me had way too much time on my hands & way too much interest in arguing with the nether-regions of the web over politics & conspiracy theories...

On the original topic:
Went to LCR twice (once right after I PCSed to JBLM - all I had available to camp in was my newly-issued Army gear)...
Christmas party once...
Went nuts on some people over Waco conspiracy theories (No, do NOT want to talk about this. Won't respond to any discussion of it. Do not care anymore. Do not want to get re-banned)... Got banned... Got 'better'...
And that's about it...
View Quote
You gonna pretend you don't remember a certain party at Skirtboy's compound in Yelm? We have witnesses, fingerprints and DNA......I remember you from an LCR, at least one....
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:13:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You gonna pretend you don't remember a certain party at Skirtboy's compound in Yelm? We have witnesses, fingerprints and DNA......I remember you from an LCR, at least one....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On the original topic:
Christmas party once...
And that's about it...
One thing about DaveA, he will never take the 5th, might drink it, but never take it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 12:11:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

One thing about DaveA, he will never take the 5th, might drink it, but never take it.
View Quote
Now that is funny right there.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 12:19:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Us Washington Guy's used to be on Team Chevelle, asked for a HTF, so the owner gave us one. Ended up we all had to leave the site and move to our own forum that we had to build ourselves. Still to this day I am one of the mods, cuase I was one of the biggest problems out there, so I guess they figured that made me Mod material.

I'd love to see a few get together's as well as some long range type shoots. I will make it to an LCR one day, just need to get some health problems dealt with for now.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 1:42:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Us Washington Guy's used to be on Team Chevelle, asked for a HTF, so the owner gave us one. Ended up we all had to leave the site and move to our own forum that we had to build ourselves. Still to this day I am one of the mods, cuase I was one of the biggest problems out there, so I guess they figured that made me Mod material.

I'd love to see a few get together's as well as some long range type shoots. I will make it to an LCR one day, just need to get some health problems dealt with for now.
View Quote
Do you use the same name at Team Chevelle? I've been a lifetime member of Team Camaro forever and then some, plus the member years as well. Have not been there in a while and was there a while back and allot has changed. I kinda quit hitting it so much when Al sold it. I'm mstennes there as well, it used to be way back when that you could use your info at both, is that still the same?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 2:35:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Do you use the same name at Team Chevelle? I've been a lifetime member of Team Camaro forever and then some, plus the member years as well. Have not been there in a while and was there a while back and allot has changed. I kinda quit hitting it so much when Al sold it. I'm mstennes there as well, it used to be way back when that you could use your info at both, is that still the same?
View Quote
I'm just Dave at Team Chevelle, Joined up in like 2002 or so. After our debacle getting the boot at TC, just shortly after that,  Al sold it, and it went downhill in my opinion. Haven't really been around there much since, IDK about Team Camaro. We got off into our own private site, and I just hung out there. Then I took a break from the internet for awhile, and kinda got into shooting, and found the Reloading section here at ARFCOM. I only really visit the Reloading and HTF forums here.

Had some health issue's and other pretty shitty issue's in my life over the last several year's, but I'm hoping that most of that is behind me now. Hoping to get back to somewhat of a "normal" life for awhile, if there is such a thing.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 12:27:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
I remember that party... 

I don't remember doing anything dumb there though...
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 12:28:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

On the original topic:
Christmas party once...
And that's about it...
You guys do remember I'm a teetotaler, right? 
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:08:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On the original topic:
Christmas party once...
And that's about it...
Holy shit we drank a lot of ullr
I vaugly remember breathing fire, green lasers in the fog, and something something nvgs

And one or another of the neighbors wives sharing her tittys with everyone
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 7:22:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Holy shit we drank a lot of ullr
I vaugly remember breathing fire, green lasers in the fog, and something something nvgs

And one or another of the neighbors wives sharing her tittys with everyone
View Quote
You are the the guy who decided, in the middle of a PCR GTG, to do an underwater test of your watch, in the hottub.  Thank God, it was just the watch, not you...
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 11:42:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 11:44:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Holy shit
Say it's name and it appears
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 1:28:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Holy shit
Say it's name and it appears
View Quote
Just don't say it three times, God knows what will happen.....
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 7:43:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Just don't say it three times, God knows what will happen.....
View Quote
I said GrumpyM4 three times and nothing happened.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:29:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 7:18:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I said GrumpyM4 three times and nothing happened.
View Quote
Im not sure where tat falls on the good or bad thing scale
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:59:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Im not sure where tat falls on the good or bad thing scale
View Quote
Meh beats me.

I did see Strat a few weeks ago.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:11:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:....
Yelling like pirates at WAC....
View Quote
Some of those WAC shows were some fun times...
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:04:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I did see Strat a few weeks ago.
View Quote
How is he doing?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top