Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2017 5:35:59 PM EDT
So I have a pre order on a Shockwave, but my dealer has heard it may not actually be legal in Washington? Does anyone know for sure one way or the other if it is or isn't?
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 5:41:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 6:12:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
damn brain lock
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 2:03:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Needs moar letters!
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 1:06:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Needs moar letters!
View Quote

Jesus, go retard for a half day and I might as well sit my ass on a running belt sander.
ETA, god I love this place
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 6:18:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Interesting update. We were just notified by a couple distributors that they would not be transferring us 590 Shockwaves. They said that their lawyers looked at the RCW and determined that it could be considered a SBS. We emailed them the RCW definitions and the USC definitions, which are the same. We'll see what they say.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 9:04:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Needs moar letters!

Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:05:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Needs moar letters!

View Quote
+
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:07:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Interesting update. We were just notified by a couple distributors that they would not be transferring us 590 Shockwaves. They said that their lawyers looked at the RCW and determined that it could be considered a SBS. We emailed them the RCW definitions and the USC definitions, which are the same. We'll see what they say.
View Quote
That's what my friend told me his distributors told him, he has/had 5 on order. He did say he was going to look into it and look for other distributors who would ship. Wonder if it's the same one(s)?
ETA, that's why I started this second thread. Is it or isn't it, we know it is, why the reversals? Wonder if Ferguson himself or his crew wrote some "opinions" and sent them off?
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 1:00:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I often shoot in Washington so I looked into this when I got the Sirearms version. Here's the AG determination that it's not an SBS and is therefore not restricted:

http://www.atg.wa.gov/ago-opinions/whether-certain-weapons-meet-statutory-definition-short-barreled-shotgun

Maybe it's enough to show the distributors for you guys that are having trouble. Considered printing one out to keep with the shotty in case Johnny Law thought I was in violation, but you never win a legal argument on the side of the road. :)
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 2:21:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That's what my friend told me his distributors told him, he has/had 5 on order. He did say he was going to look into it and look for other distributors who would ship. Wonder if it's the same one(s)?
ETA, that's why I started this second thread. Is it or isn't it, we know it is, why the reversals? Wonder if Ferguson himself or his crew wrote some "opinions" and sent them off?
View Quote
Except that it is not, just the distributor thinks that it is. We asked them to provide any information that led them to decide not to ship them to us. We also pointed out that the definitions between the RCW and the USC are exactly the same.

Also, one of these distributors already shipped us a couple of them last week, so we are kind of perplexed as to the change in policy.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 6:00:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Except that it is not, just the distributor thinks that it is. We asked them to provide any information that led them to decide not to ship them to us. We also pointed out that the definitions between the RCW and the USC are exactly the same.

Also, one of these distributors already shipped us a couple of them last week, so we are kind of perplexed as to the change in policy.
View Quote
So then how or where can I get one?
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:24:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
it's not a handgun,  Oregon?
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:42:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Negative.  Only long guns can be purchased across state lines.  Anything that gets checked "handgun" or "other" is residency-restricted.

If distributors won't sell them because of misguided CYA, then it will have to come from online orders via places like Gunbroker, Bud's, Grab-a-Gun, etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top