Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2017 8:26:02 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 3:09:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I live in Tacoma and generally go to the Tacoma sportsmen's club (in Puyallup - http://www.tacomassportsmensclub.com/) which is an outdoor facility with a public rifle range to ~200 yards or a pistol range to about 30 yards. They also have archery / shotgun ranges in addition to some member-only ranges. If they're too busy or the weather is crappy there's The Marksman right up the road which is an indoor range (pistol or .22 rifle only with gun shop and rentals). I've heard some very good things about West Coast Armory out in Bellevue (http://www.westcoastarmory.com/the-range.html) but haven't been there myself yet.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 3:36:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Range 15 over by JBLM is open on the weekends and one of the cheaper places I've found. Can shoot pistol and rifle out to 100m if I remember correctly.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 7:06:34 AM EDT
[#3]
The Marksman has an indoor range in Puyallup.

The Bulls Eye has an indoor range in downtown Tacoma with a 20-25 yard range.

It will take awhile, but get on the list to join the Tacoma Revolver and Rifle club in University Place.  200 yard rifle and up to 50 yard pistol on a dedicated pistol range.  No "tactical" shooting with a 1 round per second rule.

Gig Harbor has a Sportsman's Club range that has a safety program that you have to pass before shooting there.

Welcher's Gun Store will be opening a gun-shop and indoor range in Lakewood in the next few months that is supposed to be really nice.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:28:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Marksman has an indoor range in Puyallup.

The Bulls Eye has an indoor range in downtown Tacoma with a 20-25 yard range.

It will take awhile, but get on the list to join the Tacoma Revolver and Rifle club in University Place.  200 yard rifle and up to 50 yard pistol on a dedicated pistol range.  No "tactical" shooting with a 1 round per second rule.

Gig Harbor has a Sportsman's Club range that has a safety program that you have to pass before shooting there.

Welcher's Gun Store will be opening a gun-shop and indoor range in Lakewood in the next few months that is supposed to be really nice.
View Quote

All good recommendations. No reason to travel any further north.

Anyone coming in from out of town, contact me and I can take you to an outdoor range as a guest.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:41:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Range 15 over by JBLM is open on the weekends and one of the cheaper places I've found. Can shoot pistol and rifle out to 100m if I remember correctly.
View Quote

Range 15 is out to 300, and also open on Fridays now. Still cheap for what you have access to, but they did up their price to $10 a person late last year.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:43:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Does range 15 allow 50 bmg? It would be nice to shoot the big gun more than once per month at Eatonville or Tacoma sportsman.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:17:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Not sure, probably not. They specifically don't allow magnum rifle cartridges.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 2:01:20 AM EDT
[#8]
The range at which I work--Bellevue Gun Club, West Coast Armory's indoor shooting range--is the only NSSF 5 star-rated range in Washington state.  We're membership-based, but if you're shooting your own handguns, the Bronze-level membership is only $35.00 and the lane fee is just $15.00.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top