Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2017 8:49:51 AM EDT
Hello gentlemen,  I need a sporter contour barrel removed from a Remington 700.  Any recommended smiths (or competent hobbyist with the proper tools)  in the Spokane/Coeur d'Alene, Colville, Newport/Priest River area?  The proper tools are about $300 from Brownell's.  I hate to spend that much for one, maybe two, barrel removals.  Thanks
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 11:42:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Fred Hastings at C.A.R. Firearms in Kent, WA
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 8:05:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Google any of these guys they are local to you
Rick Bernal,
Shawn Carlock
Paul Wunische
Brocks in Spokane
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 5:02:24 PM EDT
[#3]
If you make it over to the Tacoma area, you can stop in and I'll pull it for you.  No charge, of course.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 12:55:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you make it over to the Tacoma area, you can stop in and I'll pull it for you.  No charge, of course.
View Quote

Hard to be this deal.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 8:34:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank you for the suggestions, and thank you for your gracious offer Stokes.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 6:21:45 PM EDT
[#6]
No first hand knowledge, but my dad had Riverman Gun Works in CDA install a muzzle brake on his Tikka and then coat the barrel. He was very pleased with the work although they had the rifle about 6 weeks (he knew this in advance).

Maybe check them out. Near Harbor Freight off 95.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 3:47:46 PM EDT
[#7]
JD at high speed shooting systems in Yakima.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:45:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Matt Whaley of "Whaley Precision" is in Coeur d' Alene.  He runs a lot of his stuff through Facebook.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top