Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2017 12:09:51 PM EDT
So I've been listening to my local legislature's morning report and he was talking about the license tab sticker shock, he even saw one that $1140.00! Then he was talking about the coming property tax increase and that the democrats have so many unfunded bills that with all the new additional proposed taxes that there is no way the people of this state will be able to pay. My question is, do they now make hard choices or bankrupt us? Will they push this stuff anyway or actually try to cut back, or just cut everything and blame the people for not wanting to pay for realistic things like ems, education, infrastructure?
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 7:29:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been told I'm greedy and unpatriotic because I want to keep more of my money.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:27:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Gonna get hit with some more taxes after our asshole governor, AG and seattle mayor get our federal funding shitcanned (justifiably so) but we will be punished for it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:47:45 AM EDT
[#3]
They will be quick to cut police, fire, EMS, roads, etc.

They will keep funding for homeless programs, the drunk houses, build and staff the heroin shoot up houses.

it is the democrats way.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:36:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Stop spending? When have you ever known a Democrat to stop spending?
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:04:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

They usually quit spending when they pass away.  They still vote, though!
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:06:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've been told I'm greedy and unpatriotic because I want to keep more of my money.
View Quote

Well, I've been meaning to talk to you about that.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:02:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

First I laughed.

Then I realized....Its not actually funny. 
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:28:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
First I laughed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

First I laughed.

No shit, not sure if I want to cry, get mad or both?
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 11:38:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

^ That's good stuff right there!
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 11:25:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Dad sold the farm...were liquidating our other properties...gtfo...
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 1:17:07 AM EDT
[#11]
I just paid over $500 to renew the tabs on my truck. Neighbors wife drives a Tesla.... $1,500.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 11:23:35 PM EDT
[#12]
I will be licensing my vehicles outside of the tri-communist county area.  I'm not paying for that fucking train.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 1:50:27 AM EDT
[#13]
WA has MI/NJ/NY in its headlights.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 4:30:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I just paid over $500 to renew the tabs on my truck. Neighbors wife drives a Tesla.... $1,500.
View Quote

what! How can they possibly impose that on people?
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 12:30:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm betting on their cars are registered in counties not effected by the new Sound Transit tax?
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 2:58:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Dumbtarded 'people' imposed it on themselves by voting for ST3.

Apparently no one bothered to read the initiative & think about how badly they would be screwed by it, just so that 5% of the population could have an easier publicly-funded ride to work...

Now the bill comes due, and 'what the hell is this???'

(Note, if you did not vote for ST3 & are now 'enjoying' the screwing your friends-and-neighbors voted upon you... I do have sympathy for you... And would advise you consider leaving the SeaTac metro counties for someplace less insane)
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 6:01:55 PM EDT
[#17]
we are in rural Pierce co. and just barely escaped the RTA only because we're on the western side of the Narrows bridge.

that being said I would expect there to be some fuckery on my registration  any way .
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 8:37:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
we are in rural Pierce co. and just barely escaped the RTA only because we're on the western side of the Narrows bridge.

that being said I would expect there to be some fuckery on my registration  any way .
View Quote
Out here in rural Thurston, it's the poop-tax (annual tax on septic tanks) & gopher fees...

Although our new county-board is far less insane than the old one (which was packed with Seattle-style enviro-dems)....
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 8:59:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Apparently no one bothered to read the initiative & think about how badly they would be screwed by it, just so that 5% of the population could have an easier publicly-funded ride to work...

(Note, if you did not vote for ST3 & are now 'enjoying' the screwing your friends-and-neighbors voted upon you... I do have sympathy for you... And would advise you consider leaving the SeaTac metro counties for someplace less insane)
View Quote

I swear the water is tainted over there, I've never seen so much retard in my life, well except the test state of commiefornia. What has it done to property taxes?
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 11:09:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Just renewed son's car tabs.....Well my car but he drives it.  $63.75  for a 2004 XG350.  I'm just outside of the regional transit tax zone. Whew.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 12:14:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I swear the water is tainted over there, I've never seen so much retard in my life, well except the test state of commiefornia. What has it done to property taxes?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know what property taxes are like in the SeaTac Metro....

I'm on the west side, but in rural Thurston (8WA0/Yelm)... 

Just out of range of the ST insanity... But not out of range of the Gopher zone or the poo tax.... Fortunately my house is already built....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top