Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2017 6:49:36 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:15:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I may be wrong but I *think* Utah doesn't need to have an app done in person.

http://bci.utah.gov/concealed-firearm/how-do-i-apply-for-a-concealed-firearm-permit/
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:00:53 PM EDT
[#2]
When you say Vancouver do you mean WA or BC?

I wouldn't even think about taking a gun into Canada.  It's possible but more of a headache than it's worth for a short trip.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 4:59:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Just open carry and you wouldn't have to worry about a permit.....
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:55:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:52:55 PM EDT
[#5]
The Grayman, getting the Utah permit is the advisable route, the weapon familiarity certification course is the only pain, but I believe they have certified instructors in the majority of States. Once you have the Utah permit its good for 32 + States. Firearms into Canada is a pain, even going up there to shoot in an organized event.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:08:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:42:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes... I had zero desire or plan to take a firearm into Canada... but I'm at a loss for where to stash it on this side of the border.  Do they have lockers at the Amtrak station?
View Quote
Check with a shooting range? See if they can temporarily store it for you?
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:47:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:15:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Oregon does NOT recognize a Utah CCW.
Utah Reciprocity
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:18:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:53:39 PM EDT
[#11]
just leave it at home.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 7:05:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 6:53:43 PM EDT
[#13]
WA and OR have poor reciprocity coverage. We do recognize UT, including their non resident permit: http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html and it is a useful permit to carry since it's honored in ca. 37 states.

I believe their permit requires a safety class, which is a one-day affair and fairly painless. As always YMMV and do your research, one potential pitfall in reciprocity and recognition  is whether they recognize no resident permits

We also have the onerous I-594 in effect now so be very careful not to hand, loan, toss, spindle or mutilate your handgun to any other individual.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 6:57:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I did mean Canada... wondering where I can store a firearm on this side of the border.

I suppose I could open a bank account, and get a safe-deposit box or something, but that seems like a lot of hassle.
View Quote

Bury it under the woodshed until you get back.  As stated earlier, be careful of I-594 (UBC) restrictions.

Maybe drop it at a gunsmith for a sight adjustment. They can enter it in their system and do the work, then hold it til you return.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top