Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2017 11:10:49 PM EDT
Hi guys! Been a while since I posted here....

I am on the olympic peninsula and I am looking for a good stripped lower and possibly one in FDE if one is to be had especially with a matching upper? Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 10:20:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Dang, not one reply and almost 30 views?! I am wiiling to travel a little I just need to know where to go...
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 10:24:04 AM EDT
[#2]
If you are really serious about stripped lowers, then they are no further away than your computer.

Here in Montana, you won't find many lowers in stores.

Link Posted: 2/7/2017 10:29:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Not very true, I tried 3 or 4 places yesterday locally but it seems having something transfered in is a pain to the shops... I am looking for someone to say "yeah, I saw FDE lowers at Johns Guns yesterday" and I will drive there and buy one. I am really 2+ hours from just browsing stores and don't really know where to go.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 10:33:40 AM EDT
[#4]
If they have it in stock, should not be any more trouble than buying a gun?

I can say, I was in Washington last month and I did run into a pawn shop that has been good for parts in the past and they had 11 various lowers in stock, but it was in Vancouver.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 12:22:13 PM EDT
[#5]
brads guns has lowers

if you drive to lake tapps

remember use tax and transfer fee in your online shopping
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 10:39:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not very true, I tried 3 or 4 places yesterday locally but it seems having something transfered in is a pain to the shops... I am looking for someone to say "yeah, I saw FDE lowers at Johns Guns yesterday" and I will drive there and buy one. I am really 2+ hours from just browsing stores and don't really know where to go.
View Quote

FDE Aero in stock. If you like that brand albeit in Auburn.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 11:31:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 2:27:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Is there really no one on the peninsula who does them?  Have you looked online at gunbroker's listing of FFLs?  A place like Rainier Arms is great but you're probably looking at 2.5 hr each way, and I'd happily pay $35 for a transfer to avoid that.  If you're going to order a couple then see if they charge by the item or by the 4473, or if there is some discount for quantity
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 3:34:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quantico has or had Aero lowers, for 60.00.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 5:31:34 PM EDT
[#10]
If you're going to order one, call Mike Daugherty at Daugherty Guns in Port Orchard.  Good guy that will take care of you.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 7:36:56 PM EDT
[#11]
East County guns in Elma will order anything for you.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:32:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Fort Discovery, east of squim (spelling)
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 9:10:44 AM EDT
[#13]
I haven't bought a lower from a local place since the AWB. What you need is a friendly FFL that does inexpensive transfers. Have you tried using the FFL finder on GunBroker? They usually list their fees there, which makes it easy to find a good one. Everyone should have an "FFL guy". Doesn't need to be a shop, some of the best are just kitchen table FFLs. Anyway, once you find your guy, the www has all the receivers you'll ever need.

I generally wait for Brownells to have aero precision gen 2s on sale (usually $64.99) and pick them up 5 at a time, which is usually enough to "last" until the next sale.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 1:03:12 PM EDT
[#14]
...timely. Looks like Brownells has the lower I spoke of above for $59.99 right now. Good time to stock up, especially if you have a free shipping code.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top