Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2017 2:26:22 AM EDT
Forecasters really fucked this one up.

Been snowing since 10 am and we're sitting at a foot of snow on the sidewalks here in Eatonville. Still snowing pretty hard. Guess driving to Tacoma in the morning is out of the question. 

Been accumulating at about an 1" an hour since 7 pm.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 4:29:34 AM EDT
[#1]
15 inches up on the hill in Bonney Lake.  No idea it was even going to snow today until I woke up this morning and it was coming down hard.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 6:40:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
15 inches up on the hill in Bonney Lake.  No idea it was even going to snow today until I woke up this morning and it was coming down hard.
View Quote
15-18 depending on where I measure. It's dumping right now. Very heavy snow after a hour break.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:00:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Still coming down in Eatonville. Hearing bad things about the surrounding roads, but none of my local channels are working on DISH. Snow killed the  Super Bowl with 5 minutes to go last night. Never did get to see the end.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:28:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Dupepocalypse
The one true Snowpocalypse 2016 / 2017 thread...
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_15/608137_Snowpocalypse-2016---2017.html
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:30:43 AM EDT
[#5]
On South Hill and have about 8.5". Friend lived up in Buckley and has 16". Looking at the traffic cameras the south end looks pretty empty, closer to Seattle looks like a real mess.

I work graveyard and my week starts Sunday night. Ain't no plows or de-icers on the roads yet when we head in. I said screw it and called in last night.

Look at the official corporate information this morning and see this
"Winter weather affecting Boeing sites
Winter weather is affecting many Boeing sites. However, all sites and facilities are operating normally and you should report to work at your regular time. Boeing sites typically remain open during inclement weather, so employees need to be prepared for winter driving conditions at any time. "
View Quote

City, County and State can't handle this amount of snow in a day and we're supposed to be prepared. yeah ok.

I could have made it in last night but didn't want to deal with the idiots. Look out and some idiot in a Wrangler goes flying down the road sideways, finally slides to a stop and gets stuck in the middle of the road. Heard there was a couple kids street racing down Meridian. That lasted until the crashed into each other LOL
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 1:03:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Forecasters really fucked this one up.
View Quote

Yeah, they have only been talking about a significant snow storm since last week.

Link Posted: 2/6/2017 1:07:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Still coming down in Eatonville. Hearing bad things about the surrounding roads, but none of my local channels are working on DISH. Snow killed the  Super Bowl with 5 minutes to go last night. Never did get to see the end.
View Quote

You didn't miss much. Pretty mundane ending.....
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 1:32:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got a solid 1-1/2"
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 2:12:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah, they have only been talking about a significant snow storm since last week.

View Quote
Really?

15+ inches. Sure they have.

It was "there might be some snow" to there might be anywhere from 2-6" depending on where you live. 6" closer to the foothills. I live firmly in the foothills and have 18". I guess I should have interpreted 2-6" to mean over a foot aka ARF's preferred dick measuring technique.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 4:30:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm in Enumclaw and woke up to 12-13 inches this morning at 0330. I made an effort to get in but after two detours and an hour of driving, said fuck it and called in. Some from Enumclaw made it in to Renton, but not me.
It's been snowing off and on here since about noon yesterday or so. If the ground would have been frozen, we'd have a lot more than we do now.
We'll get to make up the lost production on a "scheduled Saturday".
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 6:11:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I live near the Ferry in Downtown Edmonds, we had about 1/2 an inch.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 9:02:32 PM EDT
[#12]
SW WA dodged a bullet there. The Portland TV meteorologists weren't sure if we were getting snow or rain. We stayed just above freezing most of the time and received no accumulation.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:18:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
SW WA dodged a bullet there. The Portland TV meteorologists weren't sure if we were getting snow or rain. We stayed just above freezing most of the time and received no accumulation.
View Quote

I had 6" on the ground when I left for work this morning at 6:00am
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 12:09:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Really?

It was "there might be some snow" to there might be anywhere from 2-6" depending on where you live. 6" closer to the foothills. I live firmly in the foothills and have 18". I guess I should have interpreted 2-6" to mean over a foot aka ARF's preferred dick measuring technique.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?

Yes, really. They rarely predict the exact amount of snow or rainfall or sunny days that we are going to get.

Point is, they have been talking about a significant (for this area) amount of snow for a week. People shouldn't be surprised that a somewhat diverse area such as ours doesn't get a perfectly uniform amount of snow. Nothing new here. Be prepared and it's no big deal either way.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 5:00:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Totally snowed in here in Eatonville. Looks like I have a bunch of neighbors on here!!!!

Finally got power, it was off for a while. Lots of people I know are still without and that sucks because it is really cold...

Be careful out there you guys!!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 11:45:01 AM EDT
[#16]
ITS SNOWINGGGGGGG
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:04:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Wow that built up fast. It's wet, heavy and slick. The trees are getting loaded, I expect the power to go off tonight if it keeps snowing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top