Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2017 11:47:25 PM EDT
Saw on Kiro that Moes got broken into the other day and they stole a lot of guns.

FWDG Robbery
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 12:09:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Lack of security.
Bars, bars, bars.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 12:10:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Gee, let's not put them in a safe at night or nothing. Nothing but glass between the guns and the bad guy's, unbelievable.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 12:53:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Unfortunate the guns were not secured. Hopefully they get the perps.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 10:28:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Gov Inslee should be personally held responsible for no universal background checks being conducted.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 10:34:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Saw on Kiro that Moes got broken into the other day and they stole a lot of guns.

FWDG Robbery
View Quote

i can't get that video to play on any platform:  iOS (iPhone or iPad with Safari), Windows (Chrome or IE), Mac (Chrome or Safari)

What the heck?
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 11:30:46 PM EDT
[#6]
No love to lose for a shop that welched me on a $400 deposit.  I guess this must be karma, but I wish it wasn't something that could effect others.

This isn't what's needed now with the uppity AG running about with his panties bunched up, but I'm sure it won't be exploited for political purposes.  Way to go, FW Guns.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 1:42:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Victim blaming anyone? I dont care if they left them on the ground, they didnt make those guys smash in their place and steal. For a shop that big putting everything into a safe of some sort at night would cost more over time than insurance.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 5:23:39 AM EDT
[#8]
No, no one made them smash the window.

But I think that they needed something alittle more secure then glass between the guns and the Dickheads thieves. Money, time, insurance have nothing to do with this! 32 handguns and a couple AR's in the hands of some lowlife drug dealers with no morale's or respect for the lives' of other's, driving up the gun related violence and eroding my 2nd amendment rights.

I'm glad he's saving a few bucks. He outta lose his FFL.

My opinion.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 5:09:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Victim blaming anyone? I dont care if they left them on the ground, they didnt make those guys smash in their place and steal. For a shop that big putting everything into a safe of some sort at night would cost more over time than insurance.
View Quote

Calling out someone's abysmal lack of risk mitigation in a high-profile industry isn't "victim blaming", it's holding stupid people accountable. We used to do that in America.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 6:01:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

They could have secured them in place like Rainier Arms.  The victim isn't at fault for the theft, but it's fair to say they were careless of the risk, or at least assessed it poorly.

The timing of this couldn't have been better.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 10:19:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Burglary, not robbery.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 10:27:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Burglary, not robbery.
View Quote

Robbery = taking from a person, burglary = taking from a location?
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 11:12:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Robbery = force.

Burglary 2nd degree.  Not a domicile.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 11:26:21 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm surprised all gun stores aren't required to have third world store defenses. metal garage doors,  chain link screens,  you know-  the shit every used clothes stores have down range.

w.t.f.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 11:48:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Robbery = force.

Burglary 2nd degree.  Not a domicile.
View Quote

Nope, Burg 1. They were armed on the way out at the very least. Committing the crime armed elevates the degree.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 12:14:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Nope, Burg 1. They were armed on the way out at the very least. Committing the crime armed elevates the degree.
View Quote

Also went full Federal when they picked up the first gun, didn't it?
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 4:42:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
No, no one made them smash the window.

But I think that they needed something alittle more secure then glass between the guns and the Dickheads thieves. Money, time, insurance have nothing to do with this! 32 handguns and a couple AR's in the hands of some lowlife drug dealers with no morale's or respect for the lives' of other's, driving up the gun related violence and eroding my 2nd amendment rights.

I'm glad he's saving a few bucks. He outta lose his FFL.

My opinion.
View Quote

Lose his FFL because some turds broke into his business and stole his guns?

BTW, these guns were in the range rental area. The thieves didn't gain access to the actual store. Either way, it sucks.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 6:25:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Lose his FFL because some turds broke into his business and stole his guns?

BTW, these guns were in the range rental area. The thieves didn't gain access to the actual store. Either way, it sucks.
View Quote

He should have done more to protect them. It's all I can say, it was too easy. This is the world we live in like it or not, When you're in a dangerous business such as his, you have to think about the lowlifes, It is HIS job to make sure those guns go to law abiding citizens only. They stole them partly because they cannot legally buy them. So all they had to do was wait till the middle of the night and smash some glass? C'mon! Bars, chains/cables, outta sight outta mind.

Now FUCKHOLE, can say his plan would have worked, they would have been forced to be locked away ion a safe.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 8:58:29 AM EDT
[#19]
If I recall correctly, the main entrance has steel gates that they close across the entrance.  However, it appears that the scum gained entrance through a back way.  Possibility they had some inside info or cased the place in advance and spotted the weakness.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 1:54:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If I recall correctly, the main entrance has steel gates that they close across the entrance.  However, it appears that the scum gained entrance through a back way.  Possibility they had some inside info or cased the place in advance and spotted the weakness.
View Quote

I agree. From the video it looks like a break room had access to the lobby.  The lobby does have steel gates. Store also has locking doors from lobby.

Family, friends and I have shopped there for years.  They have been in business for over 25 years, i have shopped there for 16 plus years. Moe is a good guy who most likely didn't see this coming.  He wouldn't want guns on the street or the hassle.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 11:13:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Also went full Federal when they picked up the first gun, didn't it?
View Quote

Feds don't care unless NFA is involved or the guns are found in another state.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 4:57:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Both class B felonies, but Burglary 2nd is anything other than a dwelling/vehicle.  The business was broken into, Burg 2.  (DWELLING =DOMICILE, aka, where people live)

RCW 9A.52.025
Residential burglary.
(1) A person is guilty of residential burglary if, with intent to commit a crime against a person or property therein, the person enters or remains unlawfully in a dwelling other than a vehicle.
(2) Residential burglary is a class B felony. In establishing sentencing guidelines and disposition standards, residential burglary is to be considered a more serious offense than second degree burglary.

RCW 9A.52.030
Burglary in the second degree.

(1) A person is guilty of burglary in the second degree if, with intent to commit a crime against a person or property therein, he or she enters or remains unlawfully in a building other than a vehicle or a dwelling.

(2) Burglary in the second degree is a class B felony.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 2:18:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm surprised all gun stores aren't required to have third world store defenses. metal garage doors,  chain link screens,  you know-  the shit every used clothes stores have down range.

w.t.f.
View Quote

This ..  my guess is someone inside gave a tip
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top