Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2017 12:34:14 PM EDT
hi,
I have a few title 1 firearms in the process of going to form 4 and was thinking of stopping that and doing it myself via the form 1. I apologize if I missed the whole solution thread but in summary, are folks again form 1 for sbr and are they getting them back? I read through a really long thread recently on the details of how, but what is the current success rate?

And thanks!!!
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 6:18:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Form 1's will get approved just like form 4's for SBR's. If your guns are already engraved and at an FFL just leave them there and wait, otherwise you'll start over and have two different things engraved on them.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 11:23:50 PM EDT
[#2]
June 9 was first day for individual submission. From the Form 1 thread in the SBR forum, haven't seen any WA 6/9 submissions come back yet. Last I saw was 6/5. I have two 6/9 pending and will let you know. If you already have Form 4 pending from an SOT, I would wait.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 1:27:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
June 9 was first day for individual submission. From the Form 1 thread in the SBR forum, haven't seen any WA 6/9 submissions come back yet. Last I saw was 6/5. I have two 6/9 pending and will let you know. If you already have Form 4 pending from an SOT, I would wait.
View Quote

Hopefully soon. I've got 3 form 1's from 6/9 I'm waiting on.

Form 4's seem to be a couple months behind form 1's from what I've been reading.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 12:35:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Where do you go to get fingerprinted? Local cop shop, or are there civilian places?
Can I just print out the proper card on printer paper, or does it need to be a certain card stock? Or should I assume they will have that at the...where ever I go to get printed?
Any requirements on photos? I have some Costco passport photos, are those good enough?
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 3:07:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Rules, timing and costs all depend on where you go.  You'll need to call around to jurisdictions around you.  The State Patrol has some info on their website and a list of other agencies who do them.  For example, when I needed 2 sets for 2 Form 4s, I checked with Gig Harbor PD and they only do them for residents and employees of GH business FOR THAT BUSINESS' USE.  My own city didn't do them.  I really didn't want to use LESA (handle pretty much all of Tacoma and Pierce County).  Ended up at Lacey PD as they had an easy process and are open 5 days a week.  They do electronic and use their own cards.  IF you bring them your own cards, they can use them but ask that they be blank and not pre-filled, so there is no reason to not use theirs.  I was in and out in under 15 minutes and that included having to turn on and warm up the machine.

Rob
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 1:33:58 AM EDT
[#6]
That's great, as I work about 300m from Lacey PD. Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top