Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2017 2:42:33 PM EDT
I just accidentally bought a sequential SN pair of CZ99's.  anyone seen/played with/ owned one and have anything good or bad to say about them?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 11:36:13 AM EDT
[#1]
no one at all?  My understanding is that they have been around since the 80's ish.  I figured that someone would have played with one.  any info at all?
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 1:17:22 AM EDT
[#2]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_5/37_CZ-Pistols-And-Clones.html
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 1:48:52 PM EDT
[#3]
its a different CZ than those CZ's.  it was made in former Yugoslavia in 88 blending a sig 226 and a walther p88.  used by Yugo military, police and Israeli police and a few others. Just want to know first hand from someone how they shoot.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 1:43:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I had one for a few years.

Nice gun for the price, factory night sights and chrome barrel on mine.

Shot it little, got tired of having it being an oddball handgun and sold it for almost what I paid for it years before. This was when I went through a purging/realignment phase of all my handguns.

Mags were not plentiful or cheap at the time.

An ok gun, but I have come to the conclusion that I like mainstream guns. Why get a CZ99 when you can have a P226 for a little more and get parts, mags, etc. And the P226 will hold its value and be easy to sell if you should choose to sell it one day.

My .02

YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 3:55:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had one for a few years.

Nice gun for the price, factory night sights and chrome barrel on mine.

Shot it little, got tired of having it being an oddball handgun and sold it for almost what I paid for it years before. This was when I went through a purging/realignment phase of all my handguns.

Mags were not plentiful or cheap at the time.

An ok gun, but I have come to the conclusion that I like mainstream guns. Why get a CZ99 when you can have a P226 for a little more and get parts, mags, etc. And the P226 will hold its value and be easy to sell if you should choose to sell it one day.

My .02

YMMV.
View Quote

groovy, thanks.  the Mags have been the only problem I have seen from the reading I have done online.   seem to be that they are reliable, shoot well have a better than average but not great trigger but hard to get mags. for $269 why not right?  I have a small collection of odd ball pistols next to my more mainstream stuff and thought sequential SN pistols from Israel made in Yugoslavia might be a fun addition.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top