Posted: 12/20/2016 6:03:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 6:06:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Wonder what it's about?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 12:26:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Your camera takes pictures upside down and in languages other than english. tha fuk?
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 12:43:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I spun them around in the editor....

It made them too large to upload.

:(
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 12:00:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Threw that shit in the trash.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 4:29:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 5:57:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Can I assume any old moron can "run" and get the money?  Do you have to declare or file for candidacy?  I mean, you could run a write-in campaign, no?

So, you can voucher the money right back to oneself?

(Why do I suspect it's never going to be that easy....)
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 6:03:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 9:21:04 PM EDT
[#8]
You'd think running for office would be as easy as voting for office but you'd be wrong!
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:05:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Democracy voucher. WTF.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 11:02:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 11:19:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Ain't that the truth...  How I wish I had faith the illness of this endeavor would be corrected by a competent and reliable court....  LOL
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 12:22:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 4:20:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Democracy Vouchers Coming January 2017

Apply now to receive your $100 in Democracy Vouchers!

If you are a registered voter, you do not need to apply and will automatically receive your Democracy Vouchers by mail after January 3, 2017.

Not sure if you are a registered voter? Visit the King County Elections' website to check if you are a registered voter and/or update your address.

Find the list of eligible candidates you may give your Democracy Vouchers to under the Seattle residents' page.

How did the Democracy Voucher Program begin?

In November 2015, Seattle voters passed a citizen-led initiative known as the "Honest Elections Seattle Initiative" (I-122).  I-122 changed a number of campaign financing rules for candidates running for elected positions. One of the major reforms included the creation of the Democracy Voucher Program, which is administered by the Seattle Ethics and Elections Commission.

The Democracy Voucher Program allows and encourages more Seattle residents to donate to campaigns and/or run for elected positions themselves.

Beginning January 2017, eligible Seattle residents will have the opportunity to assign four Democracy Vouchers, each valued at $25, to support candidates in the 2017 City of Seattle elections.

As an effort to engage Seattle residents, key program materials will be translated in Spanish, Vietnamese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Somali, Tagalog, Korean, Cambodian, Amharic, Oromo, Tigrinya, Laotian, Thai, and Russian.

Seattle is the first city in the nation to try this type of public campaign financing. The Seattle Ethics and Elections Commission is committed to increasing transparency, accountability, and accessibility for how campaigns are financed.

Visit the Seattle residents page for more information about how Seattle residents may participate in the Democracy Voucher Program.

Visit the Candidates page for information about how to qualify as a candidate in the Democracy Voucher Program. Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to contact Polly Grow, the Campaign Finance Auditor and Trainer before starting a campaign.
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 4:29:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Should read "this is how we unfund Republicans in king county,  while using public tax dollars to fund democtats"
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 12:29:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Not sure if you are a registered voter?    Go here and see?  

Who in the fuck doesn't know if they are a registered voter or not?    If you are unsure you should be thrown out of the country immediately!
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 7:24:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Democracy voucher. WTF.  
View Quote

Proggie solution to the supposed 'money in politics' issue (aka 'Free Speech'): Public funding of campaigns...

Essentially, everybody in Seattle gets $100 of taxpayer money to donate to whatever 'approved' candidate they wish to support...
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 10:59:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!  
That looks like something that would be posted in a Public Transit Vehicle...!!!  

They should simplify it by just writing  FREE $HIT , upside-down or backwards, because...
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 4:44:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Should read "this is how we unfund Republicans in king county,  while using public tax dollars to fund democtats"
View Quote

How much longer will this state be livable? They're destroying it from the ground up and they don't even care.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 4:26:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

How much longer will this state be livable? They're destroying it from the ground up and they don't even care.
View Quote

I think Seattle is about 10 years behind San Fransisco, so you can look there to see what we have to look forward to.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 7:33:41 PM EDT
[#20]
I may or may hove not gotten four of those in the mail (my wife and I and our two renters). I may or may not have tossed them in the fucking trash. It could all have been a dream. I don't know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top