Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2016 8:22:40 PM EDT
I'm sure this has been covered before but can you carry there? Their website says no guns even with a CCW. Do they use metal detectors? Wands?
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 10:46:58 PM EDT
[#1]
They wouldn't let me go in with a multitool on my belt, I think it would be pretty tough to get a pistol inside--
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:17:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I've seen wands... YMMV.

I had to take a pocket knife off my pants... I walked 20 yards away out it in my coat pocket and turned around and went back in line.

ETA: that was only once or twice, typically it's just a bag check.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 11:06:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I go all the time.. never seen a wand or detector of any kind.. just people looking inside purses or making you hold open your jacket.
But I wouldn't want to be caught by the police inside carrying, permit or not
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:24:34 AM EDT
[#4]
They had nothing for Disney on ice last month.

Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:56:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I go all the time.. never seen a wand or detector of any kind.. just people looking inside purses or making you hold open your jacket.
View Quote

Well it seems like they just make everybody lift their coat to see their belt line. That's what I had to do. Or open their jacket as you said.

But what would happen if the police saw you carrying? I did see them inside. You're not breaking any laws are you? I would think you would be just asked to leave. You're only violating the arena's rules, not anybody else's. Some kind of trespass violation perhaps?
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 6:39:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Season ticket holder for, four years.  Have NEVER seen a wand.  Buy a jersey.  You only have to lift a jacket up, never a jersey or big shirt.
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 5:05:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I never carried into a T-birds game, but my IWB holster setup would probably get me in.  As others have said, I've never seen a wand, pat down or anything beyond having you hold your jacket open.  

This does make me wonder, anyone ever do an arfcom T-birds game get together?
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 3:53:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Well it seems like they just make everybody lift their coat to see their belt line. That's what I had to do. Or open their jacket as you said.

But what would happen if the police saw you carrying? I did see them inside. You're not breaking any laws are you? I would think you would be just asked to leave. You're only violating the arena's rules, not anybody else's. Some kind of trespass violation perhaps?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They ask you to leave and if you refuse it's trespassing. It's a private venue so their rules apply, but legally it's just trespassing and at most a ban. Same as a lot of the malls, Costco, and most of the theaters.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top