Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2016 10:14:35 PM EDT
Well, time to see if the Huskies can punch their ticket to Atlanta.
Go Huskies!!!
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 10:30:11 PM EDT
[#1]
7 on the board for WA. Hoping the intensity continues.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 10:37:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Liufau hurt. Wooching sacked him and it looks like Liufau rolled his ankle pretty good.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 10:56:50 PM EDT
[#3]
i just hope the playoff committee doesn't see WA winning this game by 1 pt as an excuse to send Michigan to the playoff instead.  the dawgs need to pound CO so there's no wiggle room.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 10:59:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i just hope the playoff committee doesn't see WA winning this game by 1 pt as an excuse to send Michigan to the playoff instead.  the dawgs need to pound CO so there's no wiggle room.
View Quote
I agree but it's about advertising and ratings in the end.

7-7
CO answered back.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 11:23:58 PM EDT
[#5]
After looking at their whole season, I'm not sure MI isn't a better team than WA...but damn it I'd like to see UW get back to being a national contender. I'm not even a UW fan, really (BSU Bronco fan here) but it's a state pride thing.

I think there should be an 8 team playoff, because this committee and 4 team thing is a joke. Like that time that TCU won by 50 on their final game of the year and dropped from #3 to #5. It's just arbitrary BS. Let the teams fight it out on the field like they do in every other sport.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 11:27:23 PM EDT
[#6]
14-7 UW.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 12:13:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Interception for a touchdown.
21-7 UW
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 12:45:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Magic hands from John Ross.
31-7 UW
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 1:08:51 AM EDT
[#9]
looks like a beat down, gj UW!

We'll see how they do in the playoff. UWs D has a LOT of NFL draft pick caliber players, so I think their defense will be OK. What concerns me is the ultra athletic high end defense of AL. USC gave the UW offense fits, and it ain't as good as bama's...
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 1:09:53 AM EDT
[#10]
11 yard line. Been punting the running option all game. Decide to throw 3 times in a row, settle for a field goal. WTF Huskies!?!?
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 1:32:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Put a fork in it. 41-10 UW.

Very poor game for Browning. Glad that they at least learned a lesson from the USC loss and stuck with the run game. 
Jake could have sealed up a really strong case for the Heisman. Wonder if it's really pussy that has his head all fucked up. That's the rumor. Broke up with his GF.

They got some time to prepare. Coach Pete will be ready. Hopefully, Jake will be as well.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 1:37:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:Coach Pete will be ready.
View Quote

He's a Boise State guy, so of course he'll be ready for a big game.  Seriously though, if UW loses in the playoff, it won't be because of coaching, and I don't care who they are matched up against.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 1:44:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

He's a Boise State guy, so of course he'll be ready for a big game.  Seriously though, if UW loses in the playoff, it won't be because of coaching, and I don't care who they are matched up against.
View Quote

Absolutely. If I was Saban, I would be pulling a page out of Belichek's book and send my spies out to get something meaningful. 
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 1:43:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, as a Coug all I have to say is Go Dawgs!
I just hope that the committee doesn't pull some bullshit and take Michigan over UW just for a possible increase in TV ratings.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 3:54:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Well, as a Coug all I have to say is Go Dawgs!
I just hope that the committee doesn't pull some bullshit and take Michigan over UW just for a possible increase in TV ratings.
View Quote

Just another example of how the college playoffs as they are currently done still isn't quite perfect.  It should really be 8 teams:  The Conference Winners from the Power Five, then 3 "At Large" teams.  But that means another round of games to play, and how do you do that?  Where do those venues come from, existing bowl games?  That would take away (potentially) 4 bowl games from 8 other teams if you repurpose existing options.  How many football fans have the resources (money AND time) to attend a conference championship plus potentially 3 more games?  

Right now a Playoff-bound team that is a conference winner is looking at 15 games potentially: 12 regular season games, 1 conference championship game and 2 playoff games.  Add another round and it goes to 16 games.  That's a lot of games for a college team, when it used to be 11-12 games about 15 years ago with a bowl game.  And these extra 4 games are all "away" games with "away" game expenses (travel, hotel, food, etc.)  Typically though the "bowl" proceeds are higher than the costs.

Another option would be a 6 team playoff, the Power Five plus 1 at large.  The Top 2 seeds get a first round bye.  That would keep the venues down to the current level, but conversely it also means less money for those teams.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 5:17:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Right now a Playoff-bound team that is a conference winner is looking at 15 games potentially: 12 regular season games, 1 conference championship game and 2 playoff games.  Add another round and it goes to 16 games.  That's a lot of games for a college team, when it used to be 11-12 games about 15 years ago with a bowl game.  And these extra 4 games are all "away" games with "away" game expenses (travel, hotel, food, etc.)
View Quote

And..........
Let's not forget because some people do, that these are student athletes. Yes, they're primarily in school to play ball but they still have their "studies" to worry about.
Finals are a week away (starting the 12th) and I'm already running scared
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 2:50:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Going to an 8 team playoff only adds one game on to the season...for a very few teams. I mean, if you go to the 8 team playoff as a 1-4 seed and lose in game 1, the new system would add zero games for that team. A team that would currently be seeded at 5 could add 2 if they went all the way, that's the max impact, but again, it's a couple of teams in the nation. Shouldn't put them out.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 2:06:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Right now a Playoff-bound team that is a conference winner is looking at 15 games potentially: 12 regular season games, 1 conference championship game and 2 playoff games.  Add another round and it goes to 16 games.  That's a lot of games for a college team, when it used to be 11-12 games about 15 years ago with a bowl game.  And these extra 4 games are all "away" games with "away" game expenses (travel, hotel, food, etc.)  .
View Quote

When tickets to a Huskies home game are as expensive as some of the Seahawks tickets, I'd say they have their travel fund covered.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:42:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 4:36:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The playoffs are now officially an Invitational Tournament.

They put a team in that didn't go to it's conference championship game, did not win that game and left out a team that beat them head to head, went to and won that conference championship game. 
View Quote

I firmly believe that if Penn State wasn't still recovering from "Pedogate" or whatever you want to call it, they would have gotten Washington's spot. No doubt about it.
It's very clear that this improved system is only about TV ratings, merchandise sales, and advertising. Just like anything else football related.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 11:32:21 PM EDT
[#21]
The quickest and easiest fix is a 6 team playoff, with a first round bye for the top 2 seeds.  Still winds up being a little arbitrary on the seeding and the #6 spot, but Conference Champions from the Power Five conferences plus one at large.  That puts in Alabama, Clemson, Washington, Penn State and Oklahoma , plus 1 at large (likely OSU in this instance).  Seeding could even stay the same as today, although Michigan wouldn't be 6th.  Alabama and Clemson get first round byes, Washington vs. Penn State, Ohio State vs. Oklahoma in round 1.  

EDIT:  I guess it was Oklahoma, not Oklahoma State for the Big 12.  But you get the idea..

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top