Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2016 4:38:01 AM EDT
I had to knock it down to 75% just to make it readable.

Link Posted: 12/1/2016 4:42:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I was browsing some threads, and it changed between pages. Thought my iPad had got the AIDS.....

Lost the quick links for subscriptions and My Board. Have to open a menu now then select. Slightly irritatng.....

I had to change from the terrible tan skin too.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 8:48:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Meh.

Lots of complaining every upgrade.

I guess it will grow on us.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:44:27 AM EDT
[#3]
not the best choice of upgrades.  must've hired the healthcare peeps to set it up or the people from facebook.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:51:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 2:09:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I forgot all about it and was really damned confused when I first saw it this morning. I like it in the sense its new and fresh, but on the fence about the usability of it. 
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 2:43:19 PM EDT
[#6]
My display twitches in Chrome like a crack-addict...
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 3:59:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Some good stuff, some bad. Hate the preview post pop up function.

Its like shooting a bullpup for the first time
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 4:10:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My display twitches in Chrome like a crack-addict...
View Quote

I assume its doing that when loading a new post, but once the post is loaded does it stay in place or still bounce?
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 4:54:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Meh.

Lots of complaining every upgrade.

I guess it will grow on us.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 7:06:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 7:30:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I assume its doing that when loading a new post, but once the post is loaded does it stay in place or still bounce?
View Quote

Both - don't know the rhyme or reason...
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 8:43:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Test.  

Link Posted: 12/1/2016 9:13:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I scaled back to 80% and it's fine now.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 12:02:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I scaled back to 80% and it's fine now.
View Quote

Was that changing the browser font, or changing the font size in the user option in the website?
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 8:20:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Read some folks complaining it's draining cell phones and tablets' batteries faster.   Another one is that the background engine will help owners monetizing on any links we post.     Did not check that yet but if true it sucks that the admins and designers have implemented stuff that screws users in their own detriment.  Just makes them like Facebook and other stuff like that.  Difference is that FB and others do not charge users for selling them.  

For now, not really impressed.  Did not see any feature that called my attention, just a lot of bugs.

Link Posted: 12/2/2016 10:52:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Uploading pics from my phone straight to my user account is nice. And when you move photos around in albums, it doesn't break your photo links in threads, so that is one big improvement for me.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 11:01:40 AM EDT
[#17]
I think I'm the only one who doesn't mind it.  I kind of like the bigger text.  The picture feature is awesome.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 6:14:16 PM EDT
[#18]
I like the new site as well, looks better on my phone and PC. Works good, although I'm no power user.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 6:39:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I think I'm the only one who doesn't mind it.  I kind of like the bigger text.  The picture feature is awesome.
View Quote

I was ambivalent yesterday.

I actually like it today!

Link Posted: 12/3/2016 3:25:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Still no penis in the picture.

Link Posted: 12/3/2016 5:12:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Yeah, I don't like the new site on my phone at all. I want to read forums with the absolute minimum amount of data possible. It's faster that way, sometimes I have a crap connection at work, and I also have a 2GB limit...so all this shit designed to make crap look pretty isn't helping the cause. Honestly, this site is so big and has so many members, I hardly even look at member names, let alone avatars. if I could turn off everything but the actual content of people's posts, I'd be totally fine with it. Just pure text/useful info and nothing else.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 10:14:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Only thing I can figure out is the old people couldn't see it so they made it huge. Where they using a 65" tv to design it?  everything is 4x to big and images don't resize anymore.

Sorry but this is the shittiest roll out of anything online in years. Even Al Gore is ashamed he created the internet after he saw this.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 12:57:07 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't like it. Everything is huge. We had a good thing going with the old layout. Instead we now have drop downs and clutter.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 2:59:11 PM EDT
[#24]
I see a few changes were made overnight.  I think it's better now

Link Posted: 12/4/2016 4:21:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Its slowly getting there.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 4:22:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I don't like it. Everything is huge. We had a good thing going with the old layout. Instead we now have drop downs and clutter.
View Quote

Just change your zoom size in your browser, many of us have had to back it down a bit for everything to line up, I use Firefox on full zoom and I had to step it back a couple of notches to see everything on the same screen.

But with the fixes they are applying and you adjusting your browser, you should be able to get to work just fine.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 4:22:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Only thing I can figure out is the old people couldn't see it so they made it huge. Where they using a 65" tv to design it?  everything is 4x to big and images don't resize anymore.

Sorry but this is the shittiest roll out of anything online in years. Even Al Gore is ashamed he created the internet after he saw this.
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top