Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2016 5:17:37 AM EDT
Inslee still Gov.  Fucking AG Ferguson still at post.  1491 passing.............  ST3 passing!!!!????  ID is calling and I am going.  I'm not paying that tax.

ETA:  Cyrus Habib at LT Gov.   That should scare you..................
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 7:17:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Did we lose the house and senate too??
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 8:12:43 AM EDT
[#2]
WA is going to MA in a hand basket.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 10:44:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

No, Republicans will maintain control of both houses.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 11:48:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 1:11:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I mean the Wa congress.

We have a dem gov still and have the same dipshit for attorney general (the ones whos putting up tge AWB bill)
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 1:23:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I mean the Wa congress.

We have a dem gov still and have the same dipshit for attorney general (the ones whos putting up tge AWB bill)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I mean the Wa congress.

I've not yet found a recap that shows how the state senate balances out

I think the R's lost it though. Litzow (Incumbent R) is losing to Wellman (shitbag D)

On the state house side, Rodne (incumbent R) is losing to Ritchie (Workers Party/Dem), and Paul Graves is just barely holding off Darcy Burner at the moment
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 2:04:50 PM EDT
[#7]
If we can't take the governors house then we need to maintain control of the house and senate!
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 4:47:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I see 1491 passed. I was really hoping we could keep that out
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 6:17:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

MA voted to approve recreational weed (as did CA and NV, results for MA and AZ aren't in yet).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
WA is going to MA in a hand basket.

MA voted to approve recreational weed (as did CA and NV, results for MA and AZ aren't in yet).

I think you missed my point.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 8:13:37 PM EDT
[#10]
This state is done.

It's turning into California JR.

I'm riding this thing out until it becomes completely unbearable, then I'm out.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 11:39:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This state is done.

View Quote

The majority of the Counties in this state voted Republican, it is Pugetopolis that is infested with liberal goofiness. With family here, I'll keep holding down the fort until as you say, it becomes unbearable.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 11:42:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The majority of the Counties in this state voted Republican, it is Pugetopolis that is infested with liberal goofiness. With family here, I'll keep holding down the fort until as you say, it becomes unbearable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This state is done.

Unfortunately I'm in the thick of it.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 4:20:46 PM EDT
[#13]
10 more years til retirement and I'm Eastbound. Although, part of me wishes that that the conservatives would infiltrate, and run the commies out of town.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 10:17:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
10 more years til retirement and I'm Eastbound. Although, part of me wishes that that the conservatives would infiltrate, and run the commies out of town.
View Quote

This! Stand and Fight, or leave???? I have 12.2 years til retirement. Told my better half that I will Not retire into a community of "give it to me because, spoiled Fucking brats" God Bless all those that voted for Freedom. God Bless "the Fly Over Country"!!!!
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 2:27:18 AM EDT
[#15]
I have lived in this state my entire 40 years and love it, but living in Thurston county is horrible. We now have to pay for our own septic systems every single year. Not to mention all the other bullshit that passed, a Conservative vote doesn't matter in this state when it comes to any state wide office. I would love to move to eastern Washington, but they are ruled by the idiot liberals on this side of the hill. My family and I are looking at property in Idaho and Montana right now. I have worked in the system to try and change it, and it's a losing battle. The whole west coast is lost to the liberals, this is a voting war and we are getting our asses handed to us by a bunch of freaks.
 I would love to continue living here, but I can't give up my rights just because it's a beautiful place to look at. I hate this crap, I see many others looking at doing the same thing.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 11:55:38 AM EDT
[#16]
I have just over 9 years left.  The wife and I are looking at south east Alaska somewhere as a primary option.  A few other ideas are also being discussed.  She is a democrat and even she can't make any sense of what is going on in this state.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 7:05:47 PM EDT
[#17]
I may be on my way to Texas in the next year or so. Will be a nice change.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 11:22:51 PM EDT
[#18]
With democrats controlling the "vote count" did you really expect it to be honest?

Just look at the places they dominate and see how they went.  Look at how they are reacting to the White House loss.

We are not dealing with normal humans.

ETA: I don't even think they are humans.  Some sub-race that spawned from defective human DNA.

Link Posted: 11/12/2016 12:10:47 PM EDT
[#19]
I was eyeing ID no matter which way the presidential election went, but the state election was pretty bad results.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 2:04:15 PM EDT
[#20]
So it looks like we lost the governer, the house and the senate.

ETA: were the previous antigun measures stopped by what we last had majority in?
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 3:21:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So it looks like we lost the governer, the house and the senate.

ETA: were the previous antigun measures stopped by what we last had majority in?
View Quote

Is this certain?  On election night it looked like the State Senate was going to remain split with on rogue Dem aligning with Republicans.  Did that get changed in late vote counting?  I tried to find out but not having luck with my Googlization.

Rob
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 12:58:09 AM EDT
[#22]
I think things won't have change much is basically the outcome for WA.  It'll still be just barely on the cusp of democrats being able to get everything they want at the expense of everywhere not Seattle.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 12:36:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I think things won't have change much is basically the outcome for WA.  It'll still be just barely on the cusp of democrats being able to get everything they want at the expense of everywhere not Seattle.
View Quote

And their cry "reaction", the "majority" voted..... for this state.

Question, that initiative for the higher min wage.... it also included provisions for sick leave.  Silly question, if one works for a business (private or state govt) that has a sick leave policy, does this new initiative create a new sick leave "pool" to draw from?  I read the actual bill language.....but.... the only part I saw was "employers may have a more generous policy" (paraphrased)....
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 12:43:44 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I see 1491 passed. I was really hoping we could keep that out
View Quote
By an overwhelming margin. I hope its not a precursor to future legislation, or we're doomed.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 1:35:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Yes we did, I hate to say it but we have been thinking hard on calling it quits and letting the commies have their utopia.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 11:44:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Just read an article about a daycare in Spokane sending out notices about raising their prices due to the minimum wage law. And of course people are "shocked" that this could be happening.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 12:45:26 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Just read an article about a daycare in Spokane sending out notices about raising their prices due to the minimum wage law. And of course people are "shocked" that this could be happening.
View Quote

I'm lazy so I'm not going to check but maybe 1433 didn't pass out there. Just another "Fuck Seattle" moment. Determining our state's policies all by themselves.

As far as the surprised, most people don't have any grasp on basic economic theory. Money comes from the Tooth Fairy and businesses are expected to absorb cost increases without passing them along to customers.

Link Posted: 11/17/2016 2:08:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Let's not forget rents also going up when the landlords start passing the increased property taxes to "finance the public transit".

How much was the estimated average?  Around $600/year?

Link Posted: 11/17/2016 4:07:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Let's not forget rents also going up when the landlords start passing the increased property taxes to "finance the public transit".

View Quote

The ST3 website claims: "For renters, this conservatively assumes $47 as the median cost passed on by a landlord."  That's an annual figure per person in the apartment.  Looking at some higher end apartments in Seattle, that figure is about right.  One apartment complex in Seattle with 121 units was assessed at $39,000,000, which figures to roughly $30/per apartment per year.

The "bullshit" number that ST3 put out was $169/year.  Of course, that is PER PERSON, and based on the following averages:
$5,333 median value of vehicles in the Sound Transit District.  (we have that many shit-wagons on our roads to bring the average down that far??)
$360,658 median assessed value for homes in the Sound Transit District
$73,359 median household income level.

Adjust those numbers for your own situation, and the tax bill can climb to $600 PER PERSON in your household!  Two adults = $1,200.

How about a rich couple that lives in Medina with their $125MM house?  Looking at another $20,000 per person, and that's only because the Sales Tax estimator stops at $130,000 in income.  but their filthy rich, so what's another $40,000 in taxes annually.....
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 9:58:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The ST3 website claims: "For renters, this conservatively assumes $47 as the median cost passed on by a landlord."  That's an annual figure per person in the apartment.  Looking at some higher end apartments in Seattle, that figure is about right.  One apartment complex in Seattle with 121 units was assessed at $39,000,000, which figures to roughly $30/per apartment per year.

The "bullshit" number that ST3 put out was $169/year.  Of course, that is PER PERSON, and based on the following averages:
$5,333 median value of vehicles in the Sound Transit District.  (we have that many shit-wagons on our roads to bring the average down that far??)

Adjust those numbers for your own situation, and the tax bill can climb to $600 PER PERSON in your household!  Two adults = $1,200.

How about a rich couple that lives in Medina with their $125MM house?  Looking at another $20,000 per person, and that's only because the Sales Tax estimator stops at $130,000 in income.  but their filthy rich, so what's another $40,000 in taxes annually.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm just waiting for the little heads to explode once again when they start blaming the tech industry again for the increased rents "that force the artists, elderly and fragile" from the city.  They have been complaining about "affordable housing" for a while.  Let's see how the affordable gets more affordable.

Link Posted: 11/18/2016 9:00:00 PM EDT
[#31]
I am in the process of selling my rental houses and using the proceeds to buy rentals in Idaho.

It will take me a while to get things situated, eventually I will retire to Idaho and leave this pathetic state for good.

I flatly refuse to live here after retirement.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 10:59:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I am in the process of selling my rental houses and using the proceeds to buy rentals in Idaho.

It will take me a while to get things situated, eventually I will retire to Idaho and leave this pathetic state for good.

View Quote

My plan now is to flee to ID also.  I thought just getting out of King county would be good enough.   Not anymore...............
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 11:05:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

My plan now is to flee to ID also.  I thought just getting out of King county would be good enough.   Not anymore...............
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know those liberals are the plague and spread like it.  Will you move from Idaho when they also rot it like they are trying to do it here?

Why not work with the new federal administration to make the pendulum here in WA swing back as hard as those sub-humans have been pushing in their direction? We might have a good opportunity now.

Link Posted: 11/18/2016 11:14:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You know those liberals are the plague and spread like it.  Will you move from Idaho when they also rot it like they are trying to do it here?

Why not work with the new federal administration to make the pendulum here in WA swing back as hard as those sub-humans have been pushing in their direction? We might have a good opportunity now.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I still have enthusiasm to do that, but after this last state election.......
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 12:07:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't blame anyone wanting to bail, just like I did from Kali 22 yrs ago, because the sh!t just keeps getting deeper.  But that said, there us still some fight left in the right side of this state.  Similar to what happened nationally, the progressive push in this state will FUBAR things pretty good, possibly even enough to swing it back politically.  There are still a few yellow dog D's in the state, do there's that.  We're not entirely off in the weeds yet.  It's mainly Seattle.

ST3 might be the proverbial bridge too far, like the ACA has been to the nation.  People only have so much $ to spare.  Take enough away, & they might just get a response.  The damn thing isn't even supposed to be running until ~25 yrs from now, & that's probably an optimistic projection.  I'm sure everyone will love paying for nothing for yrs to come.  My only question is if, when it finally does start running, will it supplant the monorail as the new tourist trap, because that's about what it'll amount to.  Meanwhile, I-5 will still be a parking lot.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 2:31:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're simply too entrenched, it is no longer just King Co but the entire sound corridor.

Id much rather start from a position of strength with a woke populace in Idaho.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top