Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2016 11:50:50 PM EDT
Paid a visit to Hyperion Precision in Kent (really just south of Tukwila) this afternoon to get some NFA work done.

Excellent service and very quick, work done on the spot with no wait.

Highly recommend.

Will go back for all future work.

Always a pleasure to find a business that is fast, reasonably priced and high quality.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 3:28:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you know if they will NFA engrave the CZ Scorpion polymer frame while you wait?
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 4:50:13 PM EDT
[#2]
As far as I know everything is while you wait . Trevor does great work .
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 10:51:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Yes, you can have a CZ Scorpion Evo 3 engraved on the spot.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:25:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Need to make a reservation or do they accept walk ins?
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 9:55:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm curious as to what city you put down on your NFA item.  

Is yours setup as a trust?  Do you put down the city of the trust's address?  Do you put down the city wherever it gets engraved at?  Do you put down the city wherever you live?
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 1:28:26 PM EDT
[#6]
The city to be engraved is the city where the trust is located - the situs of the trust.  Your trust document should list an address for the trust and that listed city is the one to use.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 8:06:01 PM EDT
[#7]
His advertised sale ends Monday.

I just left,  just like last time,  he is awesome!
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 1:28:15 AM EDT
[#8]
+1. Great work.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 1:20:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Trevor's EVO engraving is spot on.  He has the font and laser intensity dialed in perfect so it looks identical to the Kansas City engraving from the factory.  Highly recommended!  Make an appointment and you are in and out real quick.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 11:36:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm curious as to what city you put down on your NFA item.  

Is yours setup as a trust?  Do you put down the city of the trust's address?  Do you put down the city wherever it gets engraved at?  Do you put down the city wherever you live?
View Quote

You are technically required to engrave where the firearm was made. So, if it's an AR-15, and you plan on slapping a <16" upper on it, at home, you could engrave your home city, state. If you are taking it somewhere else in state, to have work done to it, under your supervision, you could engrave that instead.

I would bet most people use the city,state their trust is located and be done with it, but technically the law says "where you, as the maker, made the firearm"

Link Posted: 11/1/2016 10:32:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I have used Hyperion as well.  Great service!  Best work i have seen done.  Little touch up pen and it looks factory.  

Trevor also engraved on a spot others said wasn't possible.  Found a nice spot that fit my wording and doesn't stand out at all.  Meets all requirements.  

He has samples of intricate engraving.

All his depths are more than required so if you refinish, you still should be good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top