View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why wasnt that a safety?

Time had expired

And?

The play is alive until its blown dead. The clock had time to snap, its in play until the play is over. Unless they fucked up that rule too!

Link Posted: 9/11/2016 8:32:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I am confused by that, too.  If the clock had expired and Miami made a long-bomb touchdown, it would have counted.  Why not the safety?  What if the points would have changed the outcome of the game?

Rob
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 8:37:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am confused by that, too.  If the clock had expired and Miami made a long-bomb touchdown, it would have counted.  Why not the safety?  What if the points would have changed the outcome of the game?

Rob
View Quote

Great point. The snap may have been late too, but I was watching the play and not the clock at that point.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 9:45:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought it had to do with forward progress and the fact that he was pushed/tackled into the end zone.  If he had backed up into it, it would have been different.  End result is still the same.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 4:16:11 AM EDT
[#6]
He has to be completely in the wend zone for it to count. If they run out of the end zone and get pushed back in = no safety, pushed into the end zone = no safety.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top