Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2016 11:31:57 PM EDT
I was looking at houses for sale on Zillow, and I noticed a lot of foreclosures around the base.  Is there something with the local economy?  Just wondering.

I am also worried about the proposed AWB.  I have never lived in a state with restrictive gun laws, and I don't know if I want to.  It is sad that one county is fucking over the entire state.

California is a cancer on the west.  The assholes brag about how great and wonderful their state is, but leave for somewhere affordable as soon as they retire.  And, it's not enough for them to just move somewhere else.  They have to shove their political crap down everyone else's throats.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 1:27:17 AM EDT
[#1]
In your position I would look in the Yelm area in Thurston County. Close to the base and a very military friendly town. There seems to be far less property crime in Thurston compared to Pierce County.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 6:42:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Steilacoom is best if you can find anything there, its way closer than Yelm,, but Yelm is also nice, I live in Rainier but got out in 2011
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 1:42:28 AM EDT
[#4]
A lot of job cuts are coming at Ft Lewis.
I'm just saying.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top