Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2016 11:36:58 PM EDT
I want to explore the backcountry of dirt roads, trails, forest roads, etc. I just bought a Yamaha XT250 which should be plenty enough bike for a while.

I'm looking for some great places to explore. I have in mind 5, 10, 20, 30 mile loops, places where I can drive to with my truck, unload, ride for a few hours, have a great day at it, and then load it up and go home.  I live in the Seattle area so day trip distance is ideal.

Thanks for comments and suggestions!
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 6:03:08 PM EDT
[#1]
WABDR

Quoted:
I want to explore the backcountry of dirt roads, trails, forest roads, etc. I just bought a Yamaha XT250 which should be plenty enough bike for a while.

I'm looking for some great places to explore. I have in mind 5, 10, 20, 30 mile loops, places where I can drive to with my truck, unload, ride for a few hours, have a great day at it, and then load it up and go home.  I live in the Seattle area so day trip distance is ideal.

Thanks for comments and suggestions!
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:12:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Greenwater heading out FS70.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 12:45:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Everything legal is going to be at least an hour away.
Your best bet is go to the DNR and USFS websites and look at their on-line maps.

Also, head to your favorite outdoor shop (or Amazon) and buy a Delorme map for the state.

GPS?

http://www.switchbacks.com/gpsmaps.aspx

https://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/view/27
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 3:55:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Head east on 90 into the national forest after getting a pass and follow the rules as applicable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top