Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2016 6:30:55 PM EDT
https://www.facebook.com/WA-CeaseFire-Assault-Weapons-Ban-321051901565519/

(Link left cold)

This group is petitioning the legislature for an Assault Weapons and Magazine Ban and will be gathering signatures for a referendum on the next ballot.

They left the comments open (for now).
Last time they started receiving negative comments and edited them out and closed the posts to new comments.
They also took down their ratings page after they received about 100 - 1 star ratings.

Post on their site, share this with your friends so they are aware.

ATTEND the rally in Olympia on Saturday, 24 September in support of your Second Amendment freedoms!

Link Posted: 8/16/2016 8:03:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Lol.

Sounds like I better start seeking employment in another state.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 8:08:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Lol.

View Quote

Im not going anywhere.

Molon fucking Labe.

Link Posted: 8/16/2016 9:12:33 PM EDT
[#3]
lol they thanked "everyone" who liked a post with ONE like and a bunch of negative comments. Owned.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 9:30:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Cowards deleted my post,

Link Posted: 8/16/2016 9:33:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Im not going anywhere.

Molon fucking Labe.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol.

Im not going anywhere.

Molon fucking Labe.

THIS!
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 9:39:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Cowards deleted my post,

View Quote

Censorship, you have no rights to free speech.

I posted as well, and a "popup" popped up saying they will look at it, so I posted again, asking about my free speech....
Oh wate...thats gone too.

Link Posted: 8/16/2016 11:45:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I posted as well, and a "popup" popped up saying they will look at it, so I posted again, asking about my free speech....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cowards deleted my post,

Typical for this group.

That's why we need to know their meeting schedule.
So we can show up and counter protest in force.

Link Posted: 8/17/2016 2:49:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 4:27:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Typical for this group.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cowards deleted my post,

Typical for this group.

I don't believe their meetings are public, but I would love to be wrong.

We could all show up with Nerf Bow & Arrows and pelt the windows to make a point.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 10:14:15 AM EDT
[#10]
I posted three posts and it looks like they took but it won't let me see what anyone else has posted.  

also isn't there a rule that an measure can only cover one topic?  wouldn't banning assault rifles and standard capacity magazines count as two different topics?
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 10:37:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I posted three posts and it looks like they took but it won't let me see what anyone else has posted.  

also isn't there a rule that an measure can only cover one topic?  wouldn't banning assault rifles and standard capacity magazines count as two different topics?
View Quote

Yes.

This initial effort appears to be gathering signatures on a petition to present to the legislature as "proof" of support for a ban.
But they have also discussed a referendum.  They're too late for this year's ballot.  This is the initial stages of their media campaign.
They were successful with 594
1491 is on this year's ballot.
They are accelerating their efforts after setbacks with suppressors and SBRs.
They also started trial balloons on modifying the CPL from Shall Issue to May Issue.

They will have a difficult time in the legislature, but the Republican hold on control is extremely tenuous.
Nothing is certain.
Inslee needs to go!
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 3:02:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yes.

This initial effort appears to be gathering signatures on a petition to present to the legislature as "proof" of support for a ban.
But they have also discussed a referendum.  They're too late for this year's ballot.  This is the initial stages of their media campaign.
They also started trial balloons on modifying the CPL from Shall Issue to May Issue.

They will have a difficult time in the legislature, but the Republican hold on control is extremely tenuous.
Nothing is certain.
Inslee needs to go!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

Nothing is certain.
Inslee needs to go!

Understatement.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 8:28:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

WA Ceasefire took a neutral stance on the silencer use bill back in 2011.  They said so in a letter to me when I was pestering them about their stance on the bill.  They also told the media they did not have a problem with the silencer bill other than the legislature should have been pushing some of their own gun control bills instead.  I'm not aware of anything they had to say about the SBR bill.

Randy
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 8:57:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I posted this to WA Ceasefire's Facebook page;

WA Ceasefire has some things to say about assault weapons here;
http://washingtonceasefire.org/facts-about-gun-violence/facts-about-military-style-assault-weapons/

1) Semi-automatic assault rifles are civilian versions of military weapons.

Unless a definition is provided, there is no way of knowing how accurate this claim is.  Recently in MA, the AG decided she was a law unto herself and defined nearly all semi-automatic firearms as assault weapons based on their operating system similarities.

2)They have a velocity approximately twice that of handguns....

That is only true if you compare the highest velocity rifles to the lower velocity handguns.  No one should be foolish enough to believe this is generally true.

3) ....and are capable of penetrating the protective vests worn by law enforcement.

The same is true for just about any firearm suitable for hunting game animals or other sporting use.

4) Semi-automatic assault rifles can fire more than 100 bullets per minute.

All semi-auto firearms are capable of this rate of fire, so are some revolvers in the hands of a skilled shooter.

5) It is intended that a Washington State assault weapons ban would be based on several generic firearm features versus specific model types and would only be on new sales.

Will these features be the same "mostly cosmetic" features used to identify assault weapons in the AWB of 1994?  Features that do nothing to increase lethality?

6) It would also prohibit “grandfathering” the transfer of assault weapons from one person to another.

To ensure that my heirs are denied family heirlooms.

7) 67% of Field & Stream readers polled did not consider assault weapons to be legitimate sporting guns.

Field and Stream readers are not the voice of America, the voice of shooting sportsman in general and they certainly don't speak for me at all.
View Quote

When I clicked "post" I got a message saying it would be reviewed first.  Not holding my breath on ever seeing it on their wall.

Randy
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 12:15:08 AM EDT
[#15]
I posted a link to the study by DOJ NIJ showing that the federal AWB did not reduce crime at all whatsoever.  I mean that is a report by the DOJ itself on its own regulations, stating that the federal ban was a waste of time.

No swearing, no name calling, no attitude. Just a DOJ report that basically boiled down to "oops, oh well."

By the next morning it was gone.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 12:54:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

WA Ceasefire took a neutral stance on the silencer use bill back in 2011.  They said so in a letter to me when I was pestering them about their stance on the bill.  They also told the media they did not have a problem with the silencer bill other than the legislature should have been pushing some of their own gun control bills instead.  I'm not aware of anything they had to say about the SBR bill.

Randy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Randy

How many bolt action SBRs are there?
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 12:56:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Randy

I dunno but a suppressed 7.62x39 CZ 527 SBR would fit the bill nicely
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 9:04:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Im not going anywhere.

Molon fucking Labe.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol.

Im not going anywhere.

Molon fucking Labe.

You and what Army?

I can't even get that many Arfcommer's out for a shoot.

6 voted to show up, only 2 did.  Greater ratio than 3%...  But sure.  Molon labe.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 9:43:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Out for a shoot versus cone and take them.
If they want them, they will be coming to my house. I don't have to try and squeeze it in with the rest of my overfull plate.
FWIW, I want to come pretty bad. I logistically can't come. Big difference.

Link Posted: 8/18/2016 6:32:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Only 58 people like their stupid page
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 6:33:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You and what Army?

6 voted to show up, only 2 did.  Greater ratio than 3%...  But sure.  Molon labe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol.

Im not going anywhere.

Molon fucking Labe.

You and what Army?

I can't get a pass since I had a valid excuse?
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 2:36:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Im banned from that page

Most of their posts are like by them and 1-2 other people and "angry faced" by a dozen more.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 2:23:42 PM EDT
[#23]
We need to ban forks and spoons because their making me overweight while we're at it!
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 2:19:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Do Facebook post "edits" need to be approved?  If not, we can post pro stupidity and after it is approved we can change it ! lol

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 4:38:31 PM EDT
[#25]
They have someone checking all of their comments hourly, not gonna happen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top