Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2016 2:10:07 PM EDT
I'm curious about going fishing for the Northern Pikeminnow for their reward program. Has anyone done this? I'm curious if it's worth the drive from Tacoma.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 3:55:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Squawfish?
I looked into it. It's kind of a pain the way it's setup, or at least it was when I looked into it. Had to go to the collection station and register before going fishing and then return that day with your catch before they went home for the day.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:06:52 PM EDT
[#2]
There are a couple guys who make decent money at it. I believe the Wannapum is open for the bounty program this year. It has not been in the past.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 1:32:41 PM EDT
[#3]
LOL.  Squawfish.  

Saw some teens along the Columbia doing it years ago.  I caught 4-5 of them the same day without even trying, from the shore, on worms.  Seems like you could make minimum wage fairly easily.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 11:17:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LOL.  Squawfish.  

Saw some teens along the Columbia doing it years ago.  I caught 4-5 of them the same day without even trying, from the shore, on worms.  Seems like you could make minimum wage fairly easily.
View Quote
t

According to the bounty website, the 20th ranked angler made over $20,000 last year. The top ranked angler made $100,453.00. So, yea....minimum wage.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 1:09:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
t

According to the bounty website, the 20th ranked angler made over $20,000 last year. The top ranked angler made $100,453.00. So, yea....minimum wage.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL.  Squawfish.  

t

$100k
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 3:57:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

$100k
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL.  Squawfish.  

t

$100k

Even if it took ($100,453/$15/hour = ) 6697 hours there's worse things to do than being on the Columbia river all day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top